Alan Hutton Joins The Long List of Ex Rangers Players Praising Celtic

Tormusk1872

Hutton unbelievably has only seen Edouard for 30 minutes but thinks he’s the best thing since sliced bread. Another dick praising the tims when it certainly wasn’t merited or needed. Daily Record...

Former Rangers star Alan Hutton has confessed Odsonne Edouard left him purring with his Betfred Cup Final cameo.
Celtic 's talisman wasn't fit enough to start the match but made the most of his 31 minutes on the pitch to help seal a 1-0 triumph for his side.

The club's record signing had been dealing with a "niggle" but won the free-kick that led to Christopher Jullien 's winner and provided a brilliant through ball for Mikey Johnston's golden chance to double the Hoops' lead.
And Hutton, who was part of BT Sport's build-up from Hampden, admits Edouard lived up to the hype after watching him in person.
The 35-year-old, who is without a club after leaving Aston Villa, reckons Rangers ' backline were lucky they didn't have to deal with him for 90 minutes.

He told Football Insider : “To be honest I’ve watched from him from a distance and thought he was a very good player.

“I hadn’t really seen him at any of the games and that was the first time (on Sunday) and he changed the game massively.

“When Edouard came on in the second half, some of his touches were unbelievable, instantly made an impact.

“He was a nuisance to the two centre-halves, held the ball up well, played his team-mates in.
“He was a massive difference and I think if Celtic didn’t go a man down, he definitely would have been the turning point.”

Funny thing as i willed Goldson to clobber him within seconds of coming on , just so happens they scored from the resulting FK.

So within a minute of him coming on they went one nill up changing the dynamics of the match thus giving him a bit more space to make a pasd from the halfway line to send Johnston through.
The only time in 90mins they hot near our box from open play.

Their CHs never moved beyond 30 yards of their goal the full game, ours played most og it on the half way line

If he was actually purring then i suggest he see's a doctor/goes on Britain's got talent.

Really don't get ex players bumming up mentally challenged shite.

Outside of the freekick Goldson needlessly gave away, I can remember him doing 1 thing, setting up Mikey Johnston for their only legit chance. Fair play that was good but we had clearly overpushed forward and he took advantage of the space we left. That's all he did in those 31 minutes, Hutton must be easily impressed.

Hutton unbelievably has only seen Edouard for 30 minutes but thinks he’s the best thing since sliced bread. Another dick praising the tims when it certainly wasn’t merited or needed. Daily Record...

Former Rangers star Alan Hutton has confessed Odsonne Edouard left him purring with his Betfred Cup Final cameo.
Celtic 's talisman wasn't fit enough to start the match but made the most of his 31 minutes on the pitch to help seal a 1-0 triumph for his side.

The club's record signing had been dealing with a "niggle" but won the free-kick that led to Christopher Jullien 's winner and provided a brilliant through ball for Mikey Johnston's golden chance to double the Hoops' lead.
And Hutton, who was part of BT Sport's build-up from Hampden, admits Edouard lived up to the hype after watching him in person.
The 35-year-old, who is without a club after leaving Aston Villa, reckons Rangers ' backline were lucky they didn't have to deal with him for 90 minutes.

He told Football Insider : “To be honest I’ve watched from him from a distance and thought he was a very good player.

“I hadn’t really seen him at any of the games and that was the first time (on Sunday) and he changed the game massively.

“When Edouard came on in the second half, some of his touches were unbelievable, instantly made an impact.

“He was a nuisance to the two centre-halves, held the ball up well, played his team-mates in.
“He was a massive difference and I think if Celtic didn’t go a man down, he definitely would have been the turning point.”
Prick

Or it’s been part of an interview with Football Insider - not the Record - where he’s discussed the game (among other things if you read their other articles) and he’s been asked about Edouard? He also says he’s watched him from a far and this was his first time seeing him at a game so to say he’s only watched him for 30 mins isn’t quite it. Anything to have a pop at an ex player though.

His granda Eddie will be spinning in his grave at that pish, if of course he hasn’t been quoted out of context.

He didn't do anything when he came on that Morelos doesn't regularly do. Of all times to praise him he hardly deserves this exceptional praise for sunday but the media will find anyone willing to praise him so shouldn't be surprised

Am I missing something as other than him falling for the free kick, which anyone can do, he didn’t do much! Why do these idiots insist on this pish!

Hope this is remembered next time he's trying to be sorted with a ticket for a big game over bears who go every week.

PrestigiousSomberAfricanparadiseflycatcher-small.gif

So winning a free kick now passes as a terrific performance?

Give me f*cking peace!

It never ceases to amaze me how little interest or knowledge some ex-players have in the game beyond playing it. Other than tabloids, does anyone give any credence to the opinions of various random ex-players?

So is that all the chunt has to say on the game ?
don’t get it I really don’t x playing crashing through brick walls to praise manky mob players but can’t praise their own.
or has that all been edited out!!
I mean surly he would have had something to say on us surly , we fu(king spanked them the whole game!!

After watching 90 mins of that match this is what he concludes from it ?

I'm sure the media will have disregarded anything else he said and just gone with that.

The guy won a free kick and never troubled our defence at all for the duration of his time on the pitch.

But thats Celtic press for you

Or it’s been part of an interview with Football Insider - not the Record - where he’s discussed the game (among other things if you read their other articles) and he’s been asked about Edouard? He also says he’s watched him from a far and this was his first time seeing him at a game so to say he’s only watched him for 30 mins isn’t quite it. Anything to have a pop at an ex player though.

But he's still talking shite. Some of his touches were unbelievable? He hardly touched the ball when he came on.

Last edited:
Edouard is a decent player, anyone thinking otherwise is kidding themselves. And, much though it pains me, I think Lennon timed that substitution perfectly. We were massively on top, the bears in full voice. Edouard coming on paused our momentum and gave them a visible lift on and off the park. I didn’t expect the ****s to score so quickly and I don’t think he actually contributed that much when he did come on, so I don’t agree with Hutton‘s article. But he definitely gave the rest of their team a boost and I do think it was a savvy substitution at the time by them. Fact is, Edouard or not, we should have hammered them on Sunday and deserved to bring the trophy home, but it was one of those days unfortunately.

I would not be surprised if there has been some liberties taken by a journalist, turning a few throwaway sentences from Hutton into a full blown article in fulsome praise of Edouard.
Hutton is paid to give exclusive interviews to Football Insider.

Edouard is a decent player, anyone thinking otherwise is kidding themselves. And, much though it pains me, I think Lennon timed that substitution perfectly. We were massively on top, the bears in full voice. Edouard coming on paused our momentum and gave them a visible lift on and off the park. I didn’t expect the ****s to score so quickly and I don’t think he actually contributed that much when he did come on, so I don’t agree with Hutton‘s article. But he definitely gave the rest of their team a boost and I do think it was a savvy substitution at the time by them. Fact is, Edouard or not, we should have hammered them on Sunday and deserved to bring the trophy home, but it was one of those days unfortunately.
Everyone knows Eduoard is a very good player but after watching 90 mins i don't see how that could be what someone takes from the game, the fact it was the most one sided old firm cup final you will ever see was much more shocking to everyone than Eduoard coming on and playing one through ball and winning a free kick.

Back