Alan McInally on Gillette Soccer Saturday

Corrado_Soprano

Official Ticketer
Jeff Stelling introduces the show with a reference to it being 25 years ago to the day since Bayern Munich were 1-0 down at half time in the Olympic Stadium to “the mighty Raith Rovers”, asked McInally if he was playing that night and he replies”naw I was injured and at half time I’m thinking if this stays the same I can never go back to Scotland”

He did come back........2 years before that game in 1993 to sign with Kilmarnock ‍♂

Jeff Stelling introduces the show with a reference to it being 25 years ago to the day since Bayern Munich were 1-0 down at half time in the Olympic Stadium to “the mighty Raith Rovers”, asked McInally if he was playing that night and he replies”naw I was injured and at half time I’m thinking if this stays the same I can never go back to Scotland”

He did come back........2 years before that game in 1993 to sign with Kilmarnock ‍♂

The man has always been an utter buffoon

Tbf who wouldnt take exception to that
not him
b25lY21zOmUxYzMwMTk5LWI2MzMtNGM4Yi05OTRkLTQ0ZjFkMDkzZDA5MTpiNTBmYjg2MS1mMDRkLTQ1MzAtOGYyOS04ZmNkMDgwMGE1ZGM=.jpg

I watched his car getting smashed up years ago. He gave some bears the finger and his mate in the passenger seat was shouting sectarian abuse. Unbeknown to him there was a queue of traffic at the lights ahead. Me and my pal were only teenagers at the time. When the police turned up and questioned us we obviously never seen a thing :cool:

Was it McCoist that told the story of rooming with him in Italy 1990 and first thing he did was put a big poster of himself in the Munchen gear on the room door?

The best part of that is McCoist asks him what he's doing and McInally replies, " Everyone needs to know where Big Jake fae the Munchen lives".

What a weapon. :D

Some great replies, another story regarding this arsehole was when he was with the Tims, he went back down to see his old club and went to the bowling club right next to Somerset Park for a pint before the game, waltzes to the front of the queue orders a pint and the wee woman behind the bar tells him to get to the back of the line, he gives it the “ do you know who I am” patter, unimpressed the wee woman says “I don’t give a f**k who ye ur, get tae the back of the queue like everyone else”

lE8EXfu.gif

Did he suffer injuries throughout his career as he never played many games and retired quite young as well.

Pretty poor goalscoring record as well for a supposed international player.

As an aside my uncle knew him and said he was a Rangers fan.

Was it McCoist that told the story of rooming with him in Italy 1990 and first thing he did was put a big poster of himself in the Munchen gear on the room door?

Tells the story of McInally starting with Johnston in the first game at the WC and McCoist is sitting doing the crossword with the light on. “Get that light aff some of us have a game the morra”. Dropped for the next game so Ally buys two papers and throws one to him and tells him he can give him a hand this time. :))

Back