Alan Pattullo: Rangers and Celtic ought to feel embarrassed by German gesture

After Roger Mitchell's pish yesterday and now this today, are they lining up a charitable donation to Scottish football. I wouldn't put anything past they c*nts, especially PR wise.

I tell you what. If sellick are ever in dire need and we are in a position to save them, I would choose to tell them to ram their brother Wilfred statue.

How are Rangers, a club that is often referred to as "skint" by press and rivals getting dragged into this story about Celtic wanting us dead in 2012?

Shi.te story

nJwbr2g.jpg

Simples
They can all F*CK OFF !
We must never ever forget this - even in 20 years time we have a duty to Rangers FC to ensure the younger generation know that they tried to kill our club.

Our club was a victim of fraud and yet the rest of Scottish Football took that opportunity to further crucify the wronged party.
Following our illegal demotion, our support boosted the coffers of every club in the land, while the Parkhead club raked in years of champions league money unopposed. This was the purpose of their campaign against us and it's given them an advantage they still hold today.
So perhaps we can be forgiven when telling other clubs facing financial hardship to consider the action they took in 2012 before they point the moral finger.

There is much that Rangers can do, and much that the club will still do, as they have always done. That does not mean dishing out cash to other clubs, particularly those in the SPL who were quick to twist the knife in 2012.

These clubs were quick enough to realise that they made a mistake after the excluded us, whilst the 3rd, 2nd and Championship Division teams benefited from our huge away support and the benefits to their football economy.

The work that the club and the fans do through the Rangers Foundation and other affiliated club initiatives are not inconsiderable. I'm sure that the club would like to do more in the regard, but right now we are in lockdown.

We were welcomed in the then SFL when the Piranha's in our own league shafted us to spite themselves. if any of the lower league teams that were in the SFL were in bother, then I would like to see Rangers step in by arranging a friendly or a tournament at Ibrox for them over a long weekend.

Hahahahahaha! That’s utter nonsense!

After what we have put up with since 2012, we don’t owe Scottish Football anything. We helped out the teams in the lower leagues buying filling their stadia. The SPL teams did everything in their power to hamper us financially and we owe them the square root of fvck all.

We have paid our dues.

If the poets are so cash rich, they can pay, provided they aren’t keeping their money to pay damages to the people abused by them.

Celtic ought to be embarrassed by their child abuse cover up, terrorist love in and being the only club in the entire world to be demanding a title in a pandemic, amongst other things, before they worry about being embarrassed about other clubs good gestures.

Difference between Germany and Scotland for a start is that all the other club don't gang up and try to run one of the clubs for no other reason. They should be embarrassed for doing that.

Bayern play in a well run league full of decency and work to make it a better league. We play in a league that is full of bitter hatred and attempts to single out one club for negativity at all costs.

This is satire, right?
That crossed my mind.
A piece put out there showing what could have been done in 2012 but wasn’t.
Just the opposite, wasn’t it.
Perhaps inviting the responses we’ve offered and showing why we should help nobody.
Certainly, nobody in the top flight in 2012.

Just about every post here nails it.
If ICT and Stenhousemuir etc are doing local stuff that's great and while Rangers are obviously local to Govan/Glasgow our reach is across the whole country. Our support is part of communities up and down the country helping local people yet when media folk mention Rangers as a club in a bad way they also deliberately mean all of us, who are normal members of society. So, Alan Patullo can ram his venom right up his ring piece

Where were these teams in our hour of need? Only big bad Rangers when it suits.

Why should the most successful/wealthy teams fund the others?

There are some historic and decent teams id be sorry to see go, but bailing them out should not lie at our door.

Nobody in Scottish football has the money to help anyone else out. Celtic rely on transfer fees to turn a profit.
They will know that clubs are not going to be throwing cash around on players when this settles down.

I for one feel no sympathy for any other Scottish club who may have financial problems they showed nothing but glee at our predicament and still sing about it to this day so let them go bust and good riddance to any that does

From the Scotsman

When this is all over, the hope is we’ll look back and realise that despite the borders, the different countries, races and religions, we are all in this together.
The world’s population will remain at risk from the sort of invisible enemy that is currently having such a profound impact. It could yet prompt a philosophical response. Some are even forecasting another Summer of Love when we are all allowed out in the open again.

Is it too much to expect Scottish football might develop something approaching a sense of community? Many are proving unarguably heroic in their own communities. The Scotsman has been carrying a diary from Stenhousemuir chairman Iain McMenemy in which he has been outlining his club’s efforts in helping the vulnerable in the local area.

Others, many themselves operating on the breadline, are pulling out the stops, such as Inverness Caledonian Thistle. Individuals, too, are taking a lead, Inverness manager John Robertson among them. He slipped on some protective gloves to deliver food parcels to pensioners in isolation due to the coronavirus outbreak.
But what are clubs doing for each other? I recall receiving some flak for suggesting Celtic should help bail out Rangers back in 2012. It was, perhaps, foolishly idealistic. One or two Celtic fans got in contact pointing that out. However, it was not some hippy notion plucked out of the air. The column was written on the back of a story in Germany where it was revealed, almost ten years after the event, that Bayern Munich had provided a €2 million loan to help fierce rivals Borussia Dortmund stave off the threat of bankruptcy in 2003.
It was a critical situation for Borussia Dortmund,” Uli Hoeness, Bayern’s president, explained. “I’m a big fan of tradition in sport. I think it was the right thing to do.”

The right thing to do. Just think about that for a moment. Bayern have also helped out financially troubled 1860 Munich and St Pauli in the past.

This week, it was reported that four clubs in the Bundesliga, including Bayern and Borussia Dortmund, have pledged a solidarity payment of €20m to support other clubs struggling to stay afloat in the country because of the shutdown.

“In these difficult times, it’s important that the stronger shoulders support the weaker shoulders,” said Bayern chief executive and former star player Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.
It is hoped those in charge of clubs such as Rangers and Celtic might have the good grace to feel slightly embarrassed upon reading these words having presumably already banked the cheques received from the SPFL earlier this week. There has been little from either of them or any top-flight club in Scotland regarding the greater good. Of course, they have needs too. And compared to Germany for example, there is simply not the same level of funding to hand in Scottish football.

But we must also accept there is something far wrong in our game when earlier this week our top three clubs, including third-placed Motherwell, received an early handout totalling almost £400,000 each from the SPFL. League 2 clubs’ share of the pot, meanwhile, was only £1,350. Barely enough to pay for floodlight bulbs they may be about to turn off for good.

We have nothing to feel embarrassed about after our journey back to the top it must be lost on him how much of the Blue pound was spread through the little Clubs during it,I didn't see that mob give away any of their unimpossed CL entry money or any big commercial contracts that brought because of it,we have already paid our debt to Scottish football we owe it nothing.

Not forgetting the clubs who would have happily have seen us consigned to history! :mad: If we are to help any clubs then it should be the smaller clubs in the lower leagues who welcomed us, not the clubs who despise us. Never forget and never forgive those who tried to kill our club!

W.A.T.P.

Scottish football ate itself from the inside in 2012 when the rest of the clubs sucked at Lawwel’s power teat and collectively placed a foot on our throat and started squeezing.

I started a thread about this very subject 10 days ago based on some guy from Lincoln saying the big clubs should support the smaller clubs in England due to massive TV revenue etc. I knew it would only be a matter of time before this surfaced here.

I actually have no issues with helping some clubs in the lower tiers but would never vote for any club who had a hand in our treatment in 2012 being given support from us. Not a chance.

Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things but,did'nt Bayern's financial gesture include the clause that they had first dibs on Dortmund's players?
Or,is that just a myth?
Allegedly true! see Hummels & Lewandowski! tho' the deal might be finished so they won't get their hands on Haaland. Quite clever really, weaken a potentially strong opponent and still look like the good guy. Surprised sneaky Pete hasn't thought of this (or did he? Dundee Hivs with Armstrong & Mackay-Steven, hmmm).

Ignoring the fact that we're likely to struggle at this time too, *why* should Rangers help any other club? Were there a queue of clubs waiting to help us out in 2012? Nope. They all stood back - and that wasn't a period as dangerous or pointed as now.

Further to that though - Us offering other clubs money in these circumstances would be reckless in the extreme when we don't know when our *own* income will return. Is he seriously suggesting that risk our own future because WE'VE been sensible and put money away for a rainy day? The lesson from the past is that if we get into trouble there won't a helping hand, so we need to keep our cash for ourselves.

Finally - if Celtc put money forward for other clubs we should be seriously concerned, because there's a huge conflict of interest. Celtc want the league called and them declared champions. You can bet that if they offer money it'll be with strings attached. No bail outs for clubs that didn't plan for the future.

People always need someone to blame for things.

It’s usually the government, sometimes but only sometimes justifiably, and now it seems it’s the football clubs.

So Bayern bailed out Dortmund. A noble gesture. Now give me another two or three examples of the same altruism elsewhere before you start wiring into my club.

Then give me a couple of clubs in Scotland that gave a flying fcuk when we landed in financial shyte.

Even when you’ve considered all that just remember that our own financial situation holds no guarantees of our fitness to come through this unscathed.

Charity begins at home.
Elgin city

Under normal circumstances that article might have made some sense...the big guys help out the little guys in their hour of need but where were the big guys, the medium guys and the little guys in our hour of need?
Lining up to fcuk us out of existence, that's where!
Fcuk them all...the long the short and the tall!

Remember they held the prize money from us at a time we where on the floor.
We should never ever forget it, this prick and the rest of them that put the boot in when we were down can go and %^*& themselves. Never forgive and never forget.

how can you even make the comparison of us to cash rich German clubs, when all Celtics media puppets regularly take extreme pleasure in highlighting we need soft loans to help keep us running ? and I don't recall much help coming our way when we were needing it....

Rangers..nothing to be embarrassed about, celtc have never been embarrassed in their sordid history, so no point in suggesting that

When we were cast down the leagues there was a vote to redistribute the prize monies in the SPL as it was then, however, the Sheep Shaggers chose to side with The Scum so that the top 2 clubs got the majority of the money thinking they would be the no. 2 club for the future , so fck them and the rest .

From the Scotsman

When this is all over, the hope is we’ll look back and realise that despite the borders, the different countries, races and religions, we are all in this together.
The world’s population will remain at risk from the sort of invisible enemy that is currently having such a profound impact. It could yet prompt a philosophical response. Some are even forecasting another Summer of Love when we are all allowed out in the open again.

Is it too much to expect Scottish football might develop something approaching a sense of community? Many are proving unarguably heroic in their own communities. The Scotsman has been carrying a diary from Stenhousemuir chairman Iain McMenemy in which he has been outlining his club’s efforts in helping the vulnerable in the local area.

Others, many themselves operating on the breadline, are pulling out the stops, such as Inverness Caledonian Thistle. Individuals, too, are taking a lead, Inverness manager John Robertson among them. He slipped on some protective gloves to deliver food parcels to pensioners in isolation due to the coronavirus outbreak.
But what are clubs doing for each other? I recall receiving some flak for suggesting Celtic should help bail out Rangers back in 2012. It was, perhaps, foolishly idealistic. One or two Celtic fans got in contact pointing that out. However, it was not some hippy notion plucked out of the air. The column was written on the back of a story in Germany where it was revealed, almost ten years after the event, that Bayern Munich had provided a €2 million loan to help fierce rivals Borussia Dortmund stave off the threat of bankruptcy in 2003.
It was a critical situation for Borussia Dortmund,” Uli Hoeness, Bayern’s president, explained. “I’m a big fan of tradition in sport. I think it was the right thing to do.”

The right thing to do. Just think about that for a moment. Bayern have also helped out financially troubled 1860 Munich and St Pauli in the past.

This week, it was reported that four clubs in the Bundesliga, including Bayern and Borussia Dortmund, have pledged a solidarity payment of €20m to support other clubs struggling to stay afloat in the country because of the shutdown.

“In these difficult times, it’s important that the stronger shoulders support the weaker shoulders,” said Bayern chief executive and former star player Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.
It is hoped those in charge of clubs such as Rangers and Celtic might have the good grace to feel slightly embarrassed upon reading these words having presumably already banked the cheques received from the SPFL earlier this week. There has been little from either of them or any top-flight club in Scotland regarding the greater good. Of course, they have needs too. And compared to Germany for example, there is simply not the same level of funding to hand in Scottish football.

But we must also accept there is something far wrong in our game when earlier this week our top three clubs, including third-placed Motherwell, received an early handout totalling almost £400,000 each from the SPFL. League 2 clubs’ share of the pot, meanwhile, was only £1,350. Barely enough to pay for floodlight bulbs they may be about to turn off for good.

We have nothing to feel embarrassed about after our journey back to the top it must be lost on him how much of the Blue pound was spread through the little Clubs during it,I didn't see that mob give away any of their unimpossed CL entry money or any big commercial contracts that brought because of it,we have already paid our debt to Scottish football we owe it nothing.
We made a £6m loss minimum year on year, no sure how were expected to be fronting anyone’s debts. Only one club with “£20m in the bank” in Scotland. They lump us in with the mentally challengeds only when it suits their narrative.

It’s a negative story about both clubs - so you get to see the only time Rangers are mentioned before Timothy in the Scottish mhedia. If it was a positive story that wouldn’t happen.

Same clubs that turned our supporters away and left empty seats, same clubs that scattered supporters at the semi final to prevent being forced to hand unsold tickets to rangers, you reap what you sew. Shut them all down, no sympathy

The man's deluded. I'll never forget the sheer vitriol and hatred that was directed at us in 2012 led on by Bheast FC, their useful idiots and placemen. How quickly the Rangers charitable acts like sending teams for friendlies, donating surplus equipment were forgotten about.

Last edited:
Apologies, haven't read the full thread. Is this idiot suggesting that Rangers should support the very same teams that tried their hardest to put us out of football forever. The very same people who managed to convince themselves that Scottish football could continue, indeed flourish, without Rangers. Now, when times are tough, we should be responsible for pulling them through. Bollocks to that.

Latest posts

Back