Alan Pattullo: Rangers and Celtic ought to feel embarrassed by German gesture

How often have we been told by the sellic minded Scottish mhedia not to spend what we dont have,now we have to go into more debt to bail out bastards that wanted us dead. Never heard of this guy but that article tells me.hes a prick.

Rangers football club owe scottish football NOTHING.
These smaller clubs have had the ample opportunity on more than one occasion to cut its cloth accordingly. They have failed on every chance.
Rangers have had to cut its cloth, to take its punishment, its medicine and do its porridge in the lower leagues. Whilst propping up the leagues as we went along. We single handedly financed league 2, league 1, the championship and once this was complete, our clubs pull helped bring the league back from the brink of oblivion because it was such a dead duck. Now? Now there is a title race year on year, there is a challenge and these other clubs now look to be competitive only because rangers are in amongst them.
The whole scottish football “pyramid” is a disgrace. They all look for hand outs, and they get nothing and then moan when they can’t look after themselves while trying to keep up with the big boys.
The association is a useless non entity that is not fit for purpose.
The league has no money to dish out. And certainly not enough to keep the game afloat.
we have had to adapt, change and work to become somewhat self sufficient, the other clubs throw money at the wind to try and challenge.
the green and grey mob slaver that they have loads and loads. Or is it “tens of millions” of pounds in the bank and access to “a line of substantial credit”
If that’s the case, get the paws in the pockets, help everyone out since you lot were founded on the basis of charity.

Is he forgetting that Mark Hateley handed out 2 tubs of soap last week? Even nuns got them. What about that for helping others?

I agree that we generally fall short in this area.
Rangers are nothing like Bayern munich mate.
Bayern are 1 of the richest clubs in world football.
It's a bizzare article, anybody with half a brain knows that we will be struggling very soon too.

Maybe if you had treated our club with more respect during our darkest hours instead of constant sanctions our club would be taking the initiative to help other member clubs. Our fans helped a lot of clubs in the lower divisions while one abomination of a club swept up all the money. "Hunners 'a millions" so we are told. Maybe ask them for help since our taxpayers are constantly funding their projects through dodgy land deals and commonwealth games money. Its time that club gave back to our national game.
WE OWE SCOTTISH FOOTBALL NOTHING.

Is this the same clubs who would rather die than help Rangers?
The clubs that failed to sell out Saturdays?
The same clubs who are happy to have empty stands when they play us?
Fuxx each and every one of them.
There are more reasons not to give them money.

To quote the man who saved the rancids , and whom they turned on, 'Not one thin dime'.

Scotland is a nation full of revisionists and amnesiacs when it comes to our club, only the bad (mostly in our enemies warped minds) history exists.

The bheast, as has been pointed out, are supposed to be cash rich and founded for charitable reasons (no laughing at the back) but we all know their wage bill is killing them, as is the knowledge they're going to have to pay out a good few millions to the poor souls who were subject of abuse by staff and associates of their club.

I, for one, would pull up the drawbridge and let the lot of them, with one or two exceptions, rot in hell.

WATP

Surely the “no to newco” and “sell out Saturday” brigade will be queuing up to save their respective clubs anyway, without any need for help from us? There are a few smaller clubs, who treated us with respect when we were in the lower divisions, who I feel sorry for, but the majority of others I couldn’t care less. If anything, I’d want Rangers to hover like a vulture and take their best players for free, if clubs can’t honour player contracts.

200.webp

Imagine comparing our situation to the wealth of the top 4 Bundesligs clubs. What a fucking idiot.

Bayern giving €5M to support other clubs is 10% of their year’s profit. On the basis our last accounts showed £11M loss, I’d love to know how this twat proposes that we prop up the rest of Scottish football.
Is even worse than that when you look at Revenue. Bayern Munich had revenues of 750.4million euros so if they are paying 5 milliong then that's around 0.67% of their revenue. If Rangers done the same then we'd be paying £349k and getting slagged off for only offering a pitiful amount.

Stupid article that massively compares two countries and their respective clubs who are massively different in their income streams and thus unworthy of comparison by even the most ill informed journalist.
Yet Scotland manages to find someone that fits the bill in the requirements of total idiocy.
If you have to find something topical to write and this is all that you can manage, then do us all a favour and self isolate just a bit more.

Give the other clubs NOTHING

They have not one morsel of regret about their actions when we were booted down the league.

Let them forlough their staff.

It is what other non-essential businesses do when they cannot trade.

Our demotion to the bottom tier of Scottish football was a massive positive/help for the smaller clubs. It literally kept them afloat for the foreseeable future back in 2012.

Where was our help at our time of need. No where, every bastard wanted us dead
This. The cash injection Rangers fans gave the likes of Montrose was enormous. new stands, new community projects, coaching budgets increased. Financial security for the last 8 years.

You want us to commit to a friendly in the next 6 months against Peterhead to help them reassure creditors, I’m up for that. They treated us well, as I recall. You want us to hand over cash to Aberdeen? Motherwell? Or any other of the clubs who wanted us not to exist? %^*& that.

The irony for all of those smaller clubs in Scotland that are struggling such as Aberdeen, is that they purposefully made Scottish football that much weaker when they threw Rangers down to the bottom of the league structure and effectively set the game in their own country back by decades.

Now, this weakening is really hitting home because they reduced their own vulnerability to the current crisis.

If ever there was a tale of self-harming through hubris driven by hate, this one is it.

Well don't look to Rangers in your moment of need, any wealth that Rangers might have brought to your 'poor-table' was scuppered by your own actions, now if you starve all that Rangers can do is look on in bemusement at your previous malignant stupidity.

This phrase will stick in my head forever ' I'd rather we went bust than vote for Rangers'

Agree Maximus.

This was the CLEAR message from every fanbase. I think there were a couple of clubs ( eg Killie, Motherwell ) who tried to explain the situation to their fans but who were absolutely shot down by them & would rather we would have died.

I love the noble acts in Germany & it would be great if this country were suitably minded.

BUT WE ARE NOT, and I would never want my club to help any of them that treated us as they did in 2012.

We give a handout to every club we visit. Most expensive tickets of their season. Even the catering prices and programmes etc are lifted for our visits. That’s enough.

From the Scotsman

When this is all over, the hope is we’ll look back and realise that despite the borders, the different countries, races and religions, we are all in this together.
The world’s population will remain at risk from the sort of invisible enemy that is currently having such a profound impact. It could yet prompt a philosophical response. Some are even forecasting another Summer of Love when we are all allowed out in the open again.

Is it too much to expect Scottish football might develop something approaching a sense of community? Many are proving unarguably heroic in their own communities. The Scotsman has been carrying a diary from Stenhousemuir chairman Iain McMenemy in which he has been outlining his club’s efforts in helping the vulnerable in the local area.

Others, many themselves operating on the breadline, are pulling out the stops, such as Inverness Caledonian Thistle. Individuals, too, are taking a lead, Inverness manager John Robertson among them. He slipped on some protective gloves to deliver food parcels to pensioners in isolation due to the coronavirus outbreak.
But what are clubs doing for each other? I recall receiving some flak for suggesting Celtic should help bail out Rangers back in 2012. It was, perhaps, foolishly idealistic. One or two Celtic fans got in contact pointing that out. However, it was not some hippy notion plucked out of the air. The column was written on the back of a story in Germany where it was revealed, almost ten years after the event, that Bayern Munich had provided a €2 million loan to help fierce rivals Borussia Dortmund stave off the threat of bankruptcy in 2003.
It was a critical situation for Borussia Dortmund,” Uli Hoeness, Bayern’s president, explained. “I’m a big fan of tradition in sport. I think it was the right thing to do.”

The right thing to do. Just think about that for a moment. Bayern have also helped out financially troubled 1860 Munich and St Pauli in the past.

This week, it was reported that four clubs in the Bundesliga, including Bayern and Borussia Dortmund, have pledged a solidarity payment of €20m to support other clubs struggling to stay afloat in the country because of the shutdown.

“In these difficult times, it’s important that the stronger shoulders support the weaker shoulders,” said Bayern chief executive and former star player Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.
It is hoped those in charge of clubs such as Rangers and Celtic might have the good grace to feel slightly embarrassed upon reading these words having presumably already banked the cheques received from the SPFL earlier this week. There has been little from either of them or any top-flight club in Scotland regarding the greater good. Of course, they have needs too. And compared to Germany for example, there is simply not the same level of funding to hand in Scottish football.

But we must also accept there is something far wrong in our game when earlier this week our top three clubs, including third-placed Motherwell, received an early handout totalling almost £400,000 each from the SPFL. League 2 clubs’ share of the pot, meanwhile, was only £1,350. Barely enough to pay for floodlight bulbs they may be about to turn off for good.

We have nothing to feel embarrassed about after our journey back to the top it must be lost on him how much of the Blue pound was spread through the little Clubs during it,I didn't see that mob give away any of their unimpossed CL entry money or any big commercial contracts that brought because of it,we have already paid our debt to Scottish football we owe it nothing.

Lol
And just who the feck is Alan Patullo?
Where's this genius been dredged up from?
They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel to find new guys to dream up new and inventive ways to show their complete ignorance of the reality that is Scottish fitba.
Alan certainly gave me a laugh if nothing else

Maybe if you had treated our club with more respect during our darkest hours instead of constant sanctions our club would be taking the initiative to help other member clubs. Our fans helped a lot of clubs in the lower divisions while one abomination of a club swept up all the money. "Hunners 'a millions" so we are told. Maybe ask them for help since our taxpayers are constantly funding their projects through dodgy land deals and commonwealth games money. Its time that club gave back to our national game.
WE OWE SCOTTISH FOOTBALL NOTHING.

Very important point about them getting GCC & Commonwealth Games funding under the carpet SAB. And some of this, like Janefield St for a pound from memory when they were on their knees in the mid 90s to build their illegal stadium.

And that’s before we consider their behaviour towards the abused & their families.

It’s almost as if 2012 didn’t happen.

Exactly.

Conveniently skipped over by the likes of whoever wrote this article, and pretty much all concerned with Scottish football.

We’ve just to forget the kickings and bloodlust we endured that summer, and the bitterness and hatred we’ve also had to put up with ever since ..... and bail out those who wanted us dead.

I’m sure bigger men than me can find it in themselves to forgive. Not this Bear.

Absolutely laughable from Patullo. The only clubs that lifted a hand to help us in our hour of need were Linfield and Brora Rangers. The SPL clubs fell upon us like a pack of hyenas. We were robbed of prize money, transfer fees and subjected to humiliation. Now that balloon is asking us to help the people that did it! Aye right!

Back