Alan Stubbs on Clyde News

Saying Rangers are benefiting from there being no fans at the game. No mention of Any one else just us. Do hollicom have ex celtc eejits lined up to speak about us every time we win?
Don't think the MSM in Scotland require Holicom. All Scottish media outlets have a hotline to a large and willing pool of bitter ex-mentally challengeds, all more than happy to stick the boot into us at every opportunity.

I’m assuming he’s meaning that some of our fragile pettles from last season are benefiting from having no rangers fans at the games?

Kent and Tav being examples who said as much in interviews last season..... struggle to cope with the pressure/expectations from fans, Prefer playing away from home, prefer being underdogs in Europe etc (or words to that effect)

If that’s what he means then I agree with him.

However, that doesn’t take away from the fact that he’s still a cünt!

Last edited:
Agreed. I’ve said it all pre season. I hope we go without fans until March and we’ve won the league by then. Then let us all back in for a big %^*& off party for two months.

Yeh! That's gonna happen Livi :oops:
I can see the headlines.

"Sturgeon's SNP Government and the SPFL give the go ahead for return of crowds to let Rangers party."

Call me crazy, but I actually quite agree here.

In my opinion, some Rangers players will benefit from not having parts of Ibrox getting on their backs when they make a poor pass or when they give the ball away.

Controversial opinion I know, so my tin hat is strapped on.
Without a goal in the first five minutes, Ibrox can be pure poison. The arseholes who think shouting abuse at players is supporting the team are a problem.

Why only mention the Ted's? Surely the mentally challenged hordes influence refs. Surely Hamilton, St Mirren and Aberdeen play with less fear without huge crowds watching them! As usual it's the Rangers name which garners the clicks, the reads and the views.

In my opinion, some Rangers players will benefit from not having parts of Ibrox getting on their backs when they make a poor pass or when they give the ball away.

There's nothing crazy about your point. What I will say is every team who play those shameless bastards in the green and grey will benefit from NOT having the screaming hoards of the unwashed on the refs back. In this country that levels the playing field very much.

I mentioned this to my mate right at the start of this no fans thing and that it could conceivably work in our favour. If in any doubt of the above just watch the clammer in the coming weeks by paedo FC to get their wailing gargoyles back in the game.

Whether this is true or not I'm quite happy for Celtic to feel they have some unfair disadvantage. It puts more pressure on them.

Did he say any reason why it or just because we are bad Rangers so we must be benefiting from it and poor good Celtic are suffering ?

I never heard it but I'll bet he was never asked to explain. Just like the woman on the news claiming that the refugees crossing the channel were doing so to escape war, famine and poverty. I didnt know France was at war.

Saying Rangers are benefiting from there being no fans at the game. No mention of Any one else just us. Do hollicom have ex celtc eejits lined up to speak about us every time we win?
To be fair to the prick they have been playing different clips from an interview the whole day. Earlier it was Jullien needs someone to replace him for games away to physical strikers

I’ve thought the same myself, as have others. If things are not going well after 10 minutes a large portion of Ibrox can turn negative in an instant. Some players can use this negative energy as motivation, others turn inward. If having no fans at games would guarantee 55 I’m all for it.

Agree that a portion of our support can be vocal and impatient at Ibrox towards some of our players. I have never been to their stadium, but surely their fans can show the same frustration with their players too?! Sounds like double standard reporting - as usual.

Quite agree with this.

I also think we benefited from a lack of crowd at Pittodrie on the 1st. When the sheep had a bit of a purple patch at the start of the second half a packed Ewe Camp would have helped them and we may only have come away with a draw.

I would say 80% or our issues are down to mental strength.....

From the St Mirren game in January we looked lost being the team to catch

Its not controversial at all. I've heard countless opposing managers or players say the set out to frustrate us and hopefully get the Ibrox crowd on our back. That would go with Celtic too, though

Perhaps it's just me, but I have no idea what you are on about mate.
Well pardon me must have put my reply in the wrong bit?but if you cared to read my reply you will find out that I'm pointing out to Mr Stubb's theory of us having an advantage to playing BCD,and we have played once at Ibrox competitively!,so please dont try and be smart about it,you may disagree,but it's still on the same thread!

Agree that a portion of our support can be vocal and impatient at Ibrox towards some of our players. I have never been to their stadium, but surely their fans can show the same frustration with their players too?! Sounds like double standard reporting - as usual.
Maybe it can, but we are the chasing team. We are the team trying to win a trophy for the first time in ages.

More pressure on us I'd say.

Getting their excuses in early?

Can’t accept there was no challenge by the interviewer (ie for years we [media] have been saying how the crowd at Ibrox influences decisions - yet you, Mr Stubbs, opine differently even although Rangers frequently beat St Mirren at home, care to elaborate?)

Well pardon me must have put my reply in the wrong bit?but if you cared to read my reply you will find out that I'm pointing out to Mr Stubb's theory of us having an advantage to playing BCD,and we have played once at Ibrox competitively!,so please dont try and be smart about it,you may disagree,but it's still on the same thread!
I'm not trying to be smart about anything. I didn't understand your reply as it was all round the place.

Please don't take my reply as I was trying to have a pop, never my intention.

I

I was listening to music and the news came on
There’s new things out that can play hours of music Without interruption from pesky news. You don’t even need to hit pause/play at the start of each song nab it.

only joking btw, listen to whatever you want.

Nope. We might have won 5-0 yesterday. Who knows?

What I'm saying is, players go into their shell at Ibrox in my opinion, and this is because certain fans inside Ibrox scream and yell at the player when they try something speculative and it goes wrong.

For example, fans are often encouraging players to shoot from outside the box when we are against a team who sit on the edge of their own box.

But, if a player shoots and it goes flying over the bar there will be lots of fans inside the ground who will give that player a lot of stick. Therefore he is unlikely to do it again. Instead, he will pass it sideways.

Again, it's just my opinion, but I think as a team we might benefit from having no fans in the games against the poorer teams in the league.
Absolutely with you on this mate

Imagine RC, the celtic propaganda station, having an celtic mouthpiece on spouting pish about us

Can't bring myself to listen even after they've been beaten

Horrible station

He was doing the league cup draw today so would have been asked questions by the media after it had taken place.

I'm not trying to be smart about anything. I didn't understand your reply as it was all round the place.

Please don't take my reply as I was trying to have a pop, never my intention.
My apologies I'm a Luddite at heart and it shows up with technology,sorry mate 2years off 70,trying to keep up!

Weekend there, 65 minutes in, still just 1-0 against a packed defence and struggling to break them down.

Our fans can be world class but in the above scenario I can already hear the groans and anxiety. It's absolutely true that Rangers players should be able to thrive on that sort of pressure, but I'm not sure it's always been helpful.

Back