Alan Stubbs on Clyde News

Lemmy

Saying Rangers are benefiting from there being no fans at the game. No mention of Any one else just us. Do hollicom have ex celtc eejits lined up to speak about us every time we win?
Did he use actual words or just blink it out in morse code?

Topps

Call me crazy, but I actually quite agree here.

In my opinion, some Rangers players will benefit from not having parts of Ibrox getting on their backs when they make a poor pass or when they give the ball away.

Controversial opinion I know, so my tin hat is strapped on.
Our record at Ibrox is generally good though. Its our away form which lets us down too often. Our away support is superb as well so i dont think supporters can be used as an excuse.

Mamabear

Getting their excuses in early?

Can’t accept there was no challenge by the interviewer (ie for years we [media] have been saying how the crowd at Ibrox influences decisions - yet you, Mr Stubbs, opine differently even although Rangers frequently beat St Mirren at home, care to elaborate?)
That’s my thoughts exactly. When we hopefully pump them at darkheid it will be because we had an advantage with no fans being there,

Mamabear

Nothing I love more than someone agreeing with what has been said on clyde at times. Some posters, no matter the context or sentences used, cant see past the words "clyde 1". It was the exact same as the Keevins thread. I'm not saying listen to clyde, more just saying stop being so narrow minded. It's as if peole expect brownie points for starting a thread about anything to do with clyde as it will be lapped up by the staunch brigade
I don’t really care that it was Clyde news I was only advising fellow bears where I heard it. I don’t expect any brownie points thanks.

BothwellBear

Conversely, Celtic are up against it as the referees perhaps aren’t as terrified with just the Lego muncher on their back rather than a baying mob of cagoule wearing weirdos

EricBoAnderson

In my opinion, some Rangers players will benefit from not having parts of Ibrox getting on their backs when they make a poor pass or when they give the ball away.

Biggest benefit for me is not having away fans putting pressure on the referee and demanding a red card everytime Morelos brushes against one of their tin pot players

helicopter-sunday

Our record at Ibrox is generally good though. Its our away form which lets us down too often. Our away support is superb as well so i dont think supporters can be used as an excuse.
I’d argue that this carries over to all games. I’d say it’s starts at Ibrox and then players slowly begin to play within themselves.

I completely understand your argument, and it’s a good one. But seriously, I stand by what I said.

If a player is trying something out of the ordinary then they should be encouraged to keep trying it - especially in the tight games. They are the difference makers and I really do believe getting on their backs only leads to them taking the easy option next time. Which is often the pass out to the wing or a pass backwards.

the bridge

Official Ticketer

You’re not wrong mate going by the pish posted since yesterday.

Bakubear

TBF I think the commentator at weekend alluded that Ibrox can get nervous when the team are slow and struggle before complimenting who good the fans are when behind you.
That said he is still a clown

Masterblue

Every player and Staff member have mentioned how vital Rangers fans are to the team.
Here comes this loony to add his two bobs worth in and as usual its nonsense.
You would think media outlets would stop being associated with pwicks full stop.

Time will tell after a few games, we have only humped a poor St.Mirren side at home so far, but we know how difficult it is to play at Ibrox. He may prove to be correct.

kclarkhall

Ok, what is his reasoning?

Also, why did he even bring it up? Is he worried about us two games into the season?

change consent