Alan Stubbs on Clyde News

Call me crazy, but I actually quite agree here.

In my opinion, some Rangers players will benefit from not having parts of Ibrox getting on their backs when they make a poor pass or when they give the ball away.

Controversial opinion I know, so my tin hat is strapped on.
I agree with you.i think the players are trying things they wouldn’t in front of a packed Ibrox.

In my opinion, some Rangers players will benefit from not having parts of Ibrox getting on their backs when they make a poor pass or when they give the ball away.

Nothing I love more than someone agreeing with what has been said on clyde at times. Some posters, no matter the context or sentences used, cant see past the words "clyde 1". It was the exact same as the Keevins thread. I'm not saying listen to clyde, more just saying stop being so narrow minded. It's as if peole expect brownie points for starting a thread about anything to do with clyde as it will be lapped up by the staunch brigade

I agree completely.
The amount of last minute winners they got last season was frightening and dodgy decisions all over the shop.
We on the other hand showed we couldn’t face the pressure and teams like the sheep always raised their game in a stadium of hatred.
I absolutely believe this is and will suit us more than anyone.

"Rangers benefit from no fans." - Alan Stubbs.

SPFL decide to trial fans and Rangers is the first game to host fans. Rangers win 4-0.

"Rangers benefit from having fans" - Alan Stubbs.

Scottish football. 2020.

Brace yourself to have absolute clowns like Stubbs to be wheeled out on a weekly basis....ex mentally challenged players specifically to talk about Rangers.
It is as if fans have never been to see other teams. Football fans moan, some for 90 minutes. We are no worse than other groups other than there are more of us.
One of what I thought was the funniest of such games was watching Linfield v Distillery in the main stand at Windsor Park. These two old fellas moaned their way though the whole game but at the end it was clear they had thoroughly enjoyed their day out and were looking forward to the next match.

Saying Rangers are benefiting from there being no fans at the game. No mention of Any one else just us. Do hollicom have ex celtc eejits lined up to speak about us every time we win?

Another cock-eyed viewpoint from Blink?

Also, referees not beong bombarded with 40 penalty claims from the filth per game

Saying Rangers are benefiting from there being no fans at the game. No mention of Any one else just us. Do hollicom have ex celtc eejits lined up to speak about us every time we win?
I disagree with this view but it has been suggested on here a few times. Was there not a thread about it?

Sounds like he is trying to claim our players can't handle the pressure of playing in front of our fans, whereas the pape's can

Better get used to this as this is going to be the rollout of ex scum players with a campaign narrative every week until they get some influence from refs etc to help claw themselves back into contention. Its up to us to now find this winning consistency that's alluded us for years and shove it down their throats. Fans or no fans, do the business on the park week in/week out, stay humble and watch this lot crack.

Did he use actual words or just blink it out in morse code?

Our record at Ibrox is generally good though. Its our away form which lets us down too often. Our away support is superb as well so i dont think supporters can be used as an excuse.

Getting their excuses in early?

Can’t accept there was no challenge by the interviewer (ie for years we [media] have been saying how the crowd at Ibrox influences decisions - yet you, Mr Stubbs, opine differently even although Rangers frequently beat St Mirren at home, care to elaborate?)
That’s my thoughts exactly. When we hopefully pump them at darkheid it will be because we had an advantage with no fans being there,

Nothing I love more than someone agreeing with what has been said on clyde at times. Some posters, no matter the context or sentences used, cant see past the words "clyde 1". It was the exact same as the Keevins thread. I'm not saying listen to clyde, more just saying stop being so narrow minded. It's as if peole expect brownie points for starting a thread about anything to do with clyde as it will be lapped up by the staunch brigade
I don’t really care that it was Clyde news I was only advising fellow bears where I heard it. I don’t expect any brownie points thanks.

Conversely, Celtic are up against it as the referees perhaps aren’t as terrified with just the Lego muncher on their back rather than a baying mob of cagoule wearing weirdos

Biggest benefit for me is not having away fans putting pressure on the referee and demanding a red card everytime Morelos brushes against one of their tin pot players

Our record at Ibrox is generally good though. Its our away form which lets us down too often. Our away support is superb as well so i dont think supporters can be used as an excuse.
I’d argue that this carries over to all games. I’d say it’s starts at Ibrox and then players slowly begin to play within themselves.

I completely understand your argument, and it’s a good one. But seriously, I stand by what I said.

If a player is trying something out of the ordinary then they should be encouraged to keep trying it - especially in the tight games. They are the difference makers and I really do believe getting on their backs only leads to them taking the easy option next time. Which is often the pass out to the wing or a pass backwards.

You’re not wrong mate going by the pish posted since yesterday.

TBF I think the commentator at weekend alluded that Ibrox can get nervous when the team are slow and struggle before complimenting who good the fans are when behind you.
That said he is still a clown

Every player and Staff member have mentioned how vital Rangers fans are to the team.
Here comes this loony to add his two bobs worth in and as usual its nonsense.
You would think media outlets would stop being associated with pwicks full stop.

Time will tell after a few games, we have only humped a poor St.Mirren side at home so far, but we know how difficult it is to play at Ibrox. He may prove to be correct.

Ok, what is his reasoning?

Also, why did he even bring it up? Is he worried about us two games into the season?

Back