Alan Thompson Said Every Celtic Player Agreed With Sutton on Dunfermline Lying Down!

17 years on and that lot are still accusing another football club of cheating and bringing the game into disrepute. Utterly shameless.

Talking of cheating. Gordon Marshall's take on that day at Rugby Park is interesting. That doesn't fit the narrative though eh.

He's a balanced guy is Thompson, a chip on both shoulders, a real coincidence this comes out just as the pubs are opening back up.

I have said many times I hate that lady's front bottom. But everyone in my family believes that too.

Fucking chimp faced goon.

Didn't we pump Dunfermline all season, yet they struggled against killie previously but pumped them on the last day?

Lie doon ya penalty missing torn-faced asshole.

Gordon Marshall is on record as saying he was surrounded by scum players that very same day at a corner kick all moaning at him that he was trying too hard.
This latest guff from Thompson is one of the reasons they still want to thieve this title from us .

Last edited:
So they all sat down and watched the whole 90 minutes of our game before deciding?
Fkn idiots, hope it haunts them for a long time to come

If I remember correctly Dunfermline could easily have scored 3 times at Ibrox, Kilmarnock had one chance at home in the full 90 mins!. How anyone could fathom that it was Dunfermline that lay down is crazy.

Always Cheated. Never Defeated.

It's put a smile on my miserable pus this morning knowing that, after all this time, the pain still lives with them every day.

The mentally challengeds drew the previous away league game with Killie 1-1
We had pumped Dunfermline 6-0 and 3-0 away in the league, with cannigia getting 7? goals against dunfermline himself that season in all comps.

Watch both they games and its clear which game was more competitive. Dunfermline equalised against us and the first half was a pretty decent contest until we pulled away the second half.

If this moron could score from 12 yards then maybe it would have been different.

They even demanded that their own ballboys replace Killie's that day at Rugby Park. They were told to piss off. :))
Sports Record also understands that Kilmarnock and Celtic were at loggerheads in the build-up to the match after the Parkhead side demanded extra ball boys. Martin O'Neill's side wanted to ensure the ball was in play as much as possible to help their goal chase but Killie turned down their request.

They then received an anonymous letter accusing them of pandering to Rangers.

Did Marshall not come out the day after and say he was disgusted with the Celtic players behaviour that day? and he felt no sympathy towards them?
Marshall in the Kilie goal that day, and also in the Motherwell goal on Helicopter Sunday.
A great contribution to Rangers history.:D

Marshall in the Kilie goal that day, and also in the Motherwell goal on Helicopter Sunday.
A great contribution to Rangers history.:D
Hold it... were not finished !! we win the league at Pittodrie that day in season 86/87, because falkirk win at parkhead, now any idea who was the falkirk keeper that day ?? :D :D:D:cool:

Last edited:
"pipped to the title", "snatched away". It was ours to lose that day, we started top and finished top. They were pipped %^*& all.

Thing to remember that season is the results v Dunfermline/Kilmarnock, That season Dunfermline had lost every game against us and Celtic before the last day. We'd beaten them 6-0, 3-0 and 3-1 in our three previous games and Celtic also got three wins - albeit by narrower scorelines. Either way 6-1 for us at home on the last day - especially when needing goals - wasn't particularly out of sync with the other results.

Kilmarnock on the other hand had a good record against us and them - especially at Rugby Park where they'd drawn 1-1 at home against both Rangers and Celtic, and narrowly lost the other game against us 1-0. While they'd taken a few beatings away from home, their home form would have suggested a narrow/tight battle with Celtic.

So if either result on the last day suggested a team 'lying down' (which neither did), the result that stands out is Kilmarnock 0 Celtic 4. As above - in their other three home games that season against us and Celtic they'd drawn twice (1-1) and lost 1-0.

Thompson was perhaps the most sleekit and vile player in that horrible team, and that is saying something. There were others like lennon and sutton who were more up front with their general Rangers-baiting nastiness, but thompson was always seething under the surface. His penalty miss was one of the many highlights of that memorable nerve-wracking day.
I was watching The Bill, Alan, remind me, what was the score in Seville??

haha get it roon ye!

I'm sure that was Killie's biggest lost of the season whereas Dunfemline had already lost by large amounts. If any team lay down it was Killie.

Dunfermline lost by 5 away & Kilmarnock lost by 4 at home, and the scum missed a
penalty too ?

Did Kilmarnock lie down ?

Idiots.
They blamed the Killie goalkeeper Marshall for playing so well, and actually had a go at him after the game. I always remind them that if Thomson had scored his penalty, and Arteta missed his,nthey would have won the league, for some reason they don’t like that. :cool:

They blamed the Killie goalkeeper Marshall for playing so well, and actually had a go at him after the game. I always remind them that if Thomson had scored his penalty, and Arteta missed his,nthey would have won the league, for some reason they don’t like that. :cool:

Exactly T.

It doesn't fit the agenda they try to set.

That day and Helicopter Sunday damaged their brains, our demise off the pitch is all they've cared about since then. Shitey flawed 9IAR. Worth nothing.

ALAN THOMPSON claims Chris Sutton was speaking on behalf of his Celtic teammates when he accused Dunfermline of "lying down" to Rangers.

Sutton landed himself in hot water when he famously took aim at the Pars for shipping six goals to Rangers as the Hoops were pipped to the title on goal difference in 2003.

The league flag was snatched away from Martin O'Neill's side just days after the devastating UEFA Cup Final defeat.

And Thompson - who missed a penalty against Kilmarnock on the dramatic final day - told the BBC Sportsound podcast: "I think we all had the feeling but Chris was the one who had the interview on the day and he said what we were all thinking to be honest.

"He took the brunt of it. I think he got a three or four game ban which was harsh.

"He was speaking his mind. It was his opinion, it was our opinion.

Glad to see the Dick is still hurting!
Sutton's got a bigger mouth than Grangemouth but with a lot more poisonous gas in it !

ALAN THOMPSON claims Chris Sutton was speaking on behalf of his Celtic teammates when he accused Dunfermline of "lying down" to Rangers.

Sutton landed himself in hot water when he famously took aim at the Pars for shipping six goals to Rangers as the Hoops were pipped to the title on goal difference in 2003.

The league flag was snatched away from Martin O'Neill's side just days after the devastating UEFA Cup Final defeat.

And Thompson - who missed a penalty against Kilmarnock on the dramatic final day - told the BBC Sportsound podcast: "I think we all had the feeling but Chris was the one who had the interview on the day and he said what we were all thinking to be honest.

"He took the brunt of it. I think he got a three or four game ban which was harsh.

"He was speaking his mind. It was his opinion, it was our opinion.

Glad to see the Dick is still hurting!

still hurts them...that's nice

Its now 17 years since that amazing day, I cannot believe they still bang on about it! In saying that I can still believe it haha!!

I love how much pain and misery we inflicted on them, horrible cretins!

Their team were quite famously giving Gordon Marshall pelters for not just letting Celtic score as many as they wanted by virtue of him being an ex-Bheggar.

You couldn’t mark their neck with a blowtorch - Episode 1872

Sssshhhh!! They will go fkn mental.
CSg3bD4WcAE3wAs.jpg

He's judging us by what he'd expect from them. This is the team who were urging the Kilmarnock goalkeeper (an ex-scum player) to basically throw the ball in his own net. They won 4-0 away from home, a much more "iffy" result than ours. It's also conveniently overlooked by them that Dunfermline equalised in our game and Stefan Klos had to make a brilliant save at 3-1 that if he hadn't might have completely changed the outcome. But facts and the truth don't combine in Timmy's world of paranoia.

The thing that they really could not accept, was Marshall not throwing a couple in the back of the net. I don't think they really think Dunfermline lay down. They are just bitter that Marshall didn't cheat.

Utterly bizarre. The only suspicious thing that happened that season was an in-form Dundee getting turned over by Celtic when their star defender who Celtic were after (can’t remember his name) passed the ball to Larsson for a goal and, I think, might have scored an OG too.

From what I recall, the defender seemed an ok bloke but, if you were looking for conspiracies that season, it wouldn’t have been us winning at Ibrox!

The big question is why they all came to that conclusion when they hadn't actually seen the game . O''neill said on another occasion about a penalty awarded to Rangers in another game that it shouldn't have been given ,then went on to say he didn't see the incident.....dirty lying cheating mentally challenged scum

Back