MOTM Poll Alashkert v Rangers - 16:00 Thursday - BBC Scotland

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good result yes we should have won pretty easily which tells me the coaches got it right,we can only be upset because of the chances we missed I counted 6 good chances to score,we take one of them early and it’s a riot,the moaners will moan regardless they don’t know very much,we had a game plan and it worked pretty good apart from chances missed we finished the game with no injuries we now move on to Sunday job done,and hopefully wee Alfie saving himself for a double,chin up guys believe me we are doing ok.

Horrible game to watch, playing against a side, who had 10 men, that most of the SPFL would have beaten

However we are through but need to hope the OF game sparks some of these players, they badly need a spark to get going

That was a tough watch & we could have easily been in the Euro Conference. It was far from convincing but it's the end result that matters.
Looking forward to the draw & onto Sunday. Fear no Foe:)
Please explain how we could easily have been in the conference? Did McCrorie make wonder saves that I missed?
Did they hit the bar/post several times?
where we under constant pressure defending countless corners, free kicks and attacks from open play?
Did we have 20% possession or less?
Where we sweating to the last minute?

Some brilliant observations on here tonight.

Job done. Europa League Group stages comfortably in the bag. On another night thats easily a 2, 3 nil performance.

The old firm will take care of itself.

Ok then;

Half our first choice team missing
84 to 96 degrees heat
Manager not there
1 nil up form first leg
3500 mile flight
All teams go through bad patches, we’ve no divine right to steam roller everyone
more important game on Sunday

Yet you come on here with your negative pish questioning the ability of our whole squad, especially after last season.

Get a grip, as you’re not a millennial, your opinion is even worse. An absolute bed wetting, surrender monkey and panic merchant of epic proportions.
Half our squad wasn’t missing and we shouldn’t need Steven Gerrard at the side of the pitch to put away a team that’s on a par with queen of the south

1 positive came out of tonight and that was qualifying that’s were it stops

again you can’t be happy with the application of our players since the start of the season we are miles off the level we can be

Again throwing out childish insults at strangers on the internet really says more about you than it does me

Unfortunately for your Uber staunch reply I’m not a millennial no

if you aren’t worried by our piss poor start to season and find tonight’s performance acceptable then you need have a look at yourself

I understand it’s easy to throw out mentally challenged accusations when someone doesn’t match your thoughts on the game but it really shouldn’t be your first instinct

that performance was embarrassing
I don't think it's right to call the performance embarrassing when we achieved qualification. Embarrassing would only come into it had we somehow not qualified.
The start to the season has been low key. There are causes for concern, but it's not been piss poor. We're still in everything, and it'd be crazy to write us off this early.
The performance against Celtic will tell us a lot, and going straight to descriptions like embarrassing and piss poor is over the top. At least wait until after that match before using up those criticisms. You'll leave yourself with nothing to blast the team with if you're not careful.

Not the best performance but job done

tough conditions all round and we could have won easily

no danger really
It was really poor but like you say tough conditions. Alfie takes even two of the clear chances he was given and we would have said lacklustre but really comfortable. It’s always going to be tough if your forward misses chances like that.

Half our squad wasn’t missing and we shouldn’t need Steven Gerrard at the side of the pitch to put away a team that’s on a par with queen of the south

again you can’t be happy with the application of our players since the start of the season we are miles off the level we can be

Again throwing out childish insults at strangers on the internet really says more about you than it does me
He said half our team

Arguably Tav, McGregor, Wright and/or Kent, and Bassey would start Sunday. 4-5 out of 11 is near as dammit half the team

Frustrated watching the game and was getting angrier by the minute but we created a million chances and had we taken one of the 4 or 5 sitters the general view of that game would be much more positive. Job done, onwards to Sunday.

Shocking performance by many of them
Alfie,a hatrick of clear chances missed and his distribution was terrible as usual culminating with taking the ball to the corner to kill time at the end only to pass it straight into the keepers arms :oops:WTF was he doing
Davis would have caused us real problems twice against better opponents too
Barasic ,really struggling for some reason and despite Hagi doing a lot of good work,pass or final ball piss poor
Bad day at the office but at least we are through
i really hope Bassey is available on Sunday
Rupert, %^*& off and go back to playing croquet with Hugo.

The bit I’ve highlighted exemplifies your complete lack of knowledge about football. The third chance that Alfie had was a very difficult chance, Liam has influenced your opinion but I’m disappointed with McCann, I’m sure when he sees it back he will realise it wasn’t easy.

As for Alfie and his distribution, it’s obvious you don’t watch the the man. One of the most improved parts of his game making him a more all rounder and complete player.

As I said, go back to the croquet or celtc.

Which came after he was smartly off his line with the appropriate degree of diligence. The 2 shots he had he dealt with no fuss, and he caught everything cleanly.

For a third string keeper making his debut and keeping his clean sheet I've no idea why he'd be the target of your disappointment tonight.
You’ve picked this up wrong, I’m not disappointed, far from it. I just don’t want to praise someone who hasn’t had anything to do. He was off his line fast, but the shots he faced were from miles out. I rate him, but don’t think the half shift he needed to put in deserved praise

It was clear to me the players were told to do just enough. If the finishing was better we’d have won by a few without getting out of first gear. It makes sense in that heat, after travelling so far , with a long journey home and the Scum game on Sunday. There was no need to bust a gut trying to win an easy game.
Nailed it

What you seen with alfie tonight is what he's mainly been since he arrived. When having too much time to think about it, he's not at his best, no coincidence his best effort was when he had the quick shot, although the keeper did overplay it.

That's what makes him in general a very clinical goal scorer against the better teams, you dont get a lot of time and the chances have to be taken. Nobody can argue about him on that score.

I always use his goal against porto as an example. Good opposition and gave the keeper not a hope in hell. That's what hes brilliant at and remember, his goals have helped us massively with finances.

Listen mate, you’re the one that questioned our full playing squad.

That says more about you than me. So don’t try and play wee games and turn this around to me, thats the snp celtc way of doing things.

You initailly questi9ned the ability of our whole squad.

For player purposes here we go, First and second choice goalkeepers missing, captain and right back missing, current left back based on performances missing, forwards Ryan Kent and Scott Wright missing. Add to that Ryan Jack and Kemar Roofe missing.

But yeah, you sa6 that we had our full strength team out there, whilst it was strong, no denying that, it wasn’t full strength.

Does a win on Sunday paper the cracks still?

That's the easiest passage to the Europa groups we've had
But we missed the opportunity to take a straight forward passage to the CL.

I'm delighted we're in the groups but it could have been so much better.

We really need to sort ourselves out sharpish.

Yes it was another rough watch but for me tonight was all about qualifying. Quality of football was definitely poor but throw in the travel, heat, the general covid stuff and the wee eye on the weekend then I’ll accept tonight but we definitely need to improve and sooner rather than later

You've got a very confrontational style mate.

His opinion is just as valid as yours. Especially when you read it properly.

This is a match thread and in this match Morelos was shite. That's fact. Apart from passing up three chances he mostly failed in his secondary role of creating space for others.
Agree with all of this. But the idea this one game is the reason teams won’t take a punt on him for bigger money is embarrassing shite. Which was the original point when you chimed in with “yeah but he’s been shite tonight”. Yes indeed, congratulations.

all i can say is that we are through to the group stages,
that's a poor as i've seen under gerrard.
need to improve 100% for sunday.
Slow methodical, boring football, my fav Morelas was terrible, we can't have a striker miss chances like that, the only game I have watched this season played at a very high tempo was the friendly against Madrid, our front 3 to start was Kent.masala and Wright, really pacy.

Good result yes we should have won pretty easily which tells me the coaches got it right,we can only be upset because of the chances we missed I counted 6 good chances to score,we take one of them early and it’s a riot,the moaners will moan regardless they don’t know very much,we had a game plan and it worked pretty good apart from chances missed we finished the game with no injuries we now move on to Sunday job done,and hopefully wee Alfie saving himself for a double,chin up guys believe me we are doing ok.

Hey son... less of that positivity on here thank you very much.

Really noticeable just how little Patterson was used in any attacking sense.

Didn't think Borna was that bad today, but Bassey atm is simply better than him -- defensively, in attack and in crossing.

A few daft moments from many of our players, including even Davis, but although Arfield was mentioned several times on here, I thought that Kamara (apart from a few forward forays late on) was back to that annoying habit of slowing everything down.
Indeed, at times it's almost as if our guys get possession from the opposition and then pass it about at the back for a bit in a "Are you guys ready now ?" routine, having allowed them to reorganise and flood back into defence.

Several other things have crept back into our game -- our poor throw-ins and our lack of attentiveness at the opposition's. Our inability to cut out low balls crossing our box. Our tendency to double up on a player and STILL not have one of our guys tackle him, usually ending with him bypassing them both by passing between them. Often an unwillingness or simple inability to go for the ball coming down, when it's to be won, especially when it's in the opposition box.

I've never criticised Alfie before on here, but he's going to have to start doing what we all used to do as kids -- practise shooting and finishing.

Worryingly, yet another game where we've gone up against 10 men and looked the worse for it, for no discernible reason.

Progress to the next stage.
No further injuries.
No obviously daft bookings or absolutely stinking performances.

But not convincing and I doubt if our next Euro opponents will be overly worried if we continue to play like that.

Delighted we are through but really poor performance. Thank god we were playing dross as a decent side would have skelped us. Still hopefully we get a few players back for Sunday and inject some pace into a team that is playing like the surface is treacle.

reading some so called bears thoughts is enough for me tonight. Logging off but maybe back on later if they get knocked out and the forum is not as stinking.

Fairly routine match in a horrible climate.
We should have won that comfortably, so the tactics were spot on,IMO.
They rarely threatened, don't recall McCrorie making an important save.

Onwards to Sunday now.

Looks like the votes so far cover off those who get pass marks in what was a dire performance!
McCrorie, Patterson, Helander, Davis, Kamara and Aribo, with Aribo getting my vote.
Barasic actually looked ill, and if he is then that might explain the performance and Goldson is a shadow of himself last season.
Can only hope we snap out of this soon……. Sunday would be good!

Agree with all of this. But the idea this one game is the reason teams won’t take a punt on him for bigger money is embarrassing shite. Which was the original point when you chimed in with “yeah but he’s been shite tonight”. Yes indeed, congratulations.
Well he was shite today? What do you expect folk to say..

Anybody can miss a sitter. But three in one game ain’t good.

Back