MOTM Poll Alashkert v Rangers - 16:00 Thursday - BBC Scotland

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well he was shite today? What do you expect folk to say..

Anybody can miss a sitter. But three in one game ain’t good.

Because it wasn’t relevant. I’d posted he was having a stinker before that so there was no disagreement there. But it’s not relevant to this ridiculous notion that clubs won’t take a punt because of this singular game. I honestly don’t know how I can make it any clearer for you mate.

Because it wasn’t relevant. I’d posted he was having a stinker before that so there was no disagreement there. But it’s not relevant to this ridiculous notion that clubs won’t take a punt because of this singular game. I honestly don’t know how I can make it any clearer for you mate.
What’s he done this season that would tempt an offer north of £15m for him. Tonight wasn’t a one off.

Only saw the second half and I thought we made heavy weather of a match v utter dross.

I thought we had a couple of shouts for penalties for fouls on Patterson and Aribo, but possibly another look would prove me wrong. Certainly, Neil McCann wasn't shouting the odds.

All that matters is getting through I suppose, but something just ain't happening.

Sunday will be the perfect time to start clicking.

That’s lowkey a tremendous result for us. No injuries or suspensions and EL cash that’ll take care of our wage bill for the season. Who knows, might even get lucky and have Kent etc back for Sunday. We’ll see.

What’s he done this season that would tempt an offer north of £15m for him. Tonight wasn’t a one off.
He’s only played about 5 games this season and scored in 3 of them, which includes the goal that just put us into the group stages again. And you’ve once again side stepped the point I was making which was that a solitary game, or even a couple of poor games will not wash over 3 or 4 years of excellent goal scoring performances in Europe.

The fact he was shite tonight was irrelevant to the point I was making and I’ve spelled that for you in a manner a child could surely understand. Either way, you clearly didn’t think this through, you’d have been better just manning up to your mistake and just calling it a day.

That was pretty dire, but at least we are through.

Seems to me the elephant in the room is our players just dont have good enough ball control to try and play through packed defences. We really need to vary our game plan in order to be successful.

I wont be too hard beyond that given the circumstances with the Covid break out. I just hope we start to gel better really soon.

Hard work watching that totally forgettable performance, we just have to find a bit of our true ability before its too late.

Slow methodical, boring football, my fav Morelas was terrible, we can't have a striker miss chances like that, the only game I have watched this season played at a very high tempo was the friendly against Madrid, our front 3 to start was Kent.masala and Wright, really pacy.
Your fav? Spell his fuckin name right then

Rupert, %^*& off and go back to playing croquet with Hugo.

The bit I’ve highlighted exemplifies your complete lack of knowledge about football. The third chance that Alfie had was a very difficult chance, Liam has influenced your opinion but I’m disappointed with McCann, I’m sure when he sees it back he will realise it wasn’t easy.

As for Alfie and his distribution, it’s obvious you don’t watch the the man. One of the most improved parts of his game making him a more all rounder and complete player.

As I said, go back to the croquet or celtc.
So your in the fan club of he can do no wrong types .
third one was difficult ,yes but the first one especially should have been buried and heat would have been off in an instant .
and who s liam by the way . no idea what your talking about .
makes 2 of us i suppose

Thr

Thread is full of absolute bawbags that you never see commenting when we are playing well.

They all come out the woodwork like crying wee bitches to stick the knife into everyone/anyone.

They’re not Rangres fans mate, but if they are, they are like you say, a bunch of surrender monkey, entitled, woke, shitebags who’ve never had anything bad/difficult happen to them in their life and probably offended by everything.

Threads are great for outing them and ignoring them too.

Yeah lets all pretend that Rangers were magnificent tonight, that we put on a tremendous display to put out the team ranked a highly credible 364th, only a paltry 321 places below ourselves.

When Rangers play well I'll applaud the team, when they are shite I ain't going to shy away from saying so. Anyone defending tonights shitshow, pretending that all is rosy in the garden is simply deluding themself.

We have been poor this first 4 weeks of the season, dreadful in fact. I wanted a decent performance tonight, a win by a couple of goals to bring a little confidence ahead of Sunday - well that didn't happen. Come Sunday I'll be roaring the team on but right now I, the ultimate pessimist, can see nothing but a difficult 90 minutes.

So your in the fan club of he can do no wrong types .
third one was difficult ,yes but the first one especially should have been buried and heat would have been off in an instant .
and who s liam by the way . no idea what your talking about .
makes 2 of us i suppose
Liam was the commentator

Slow,lethargic players going through the motions the first 11 needs freshened up with quality eventually these performances will cost us points tonight I seen players not even interested in trying to win alarm bells ringing for me

He’s only played about 5 games this season and scored in 3 of them, which includes the goal that just put us into the group stages again. And you’ve once again side stepped the point I was making which was that a solitary game, or even a couple of poor games will not wash over 3 or 4 years of excellent goal scoring performances in Europe.

The fact he was shite tonight was irrelevant to the point I was making and I’ve spelled that for you in a manner a child could surely understand. Either way, you clearly didn’t think this through, you’d have been better just manning up to your mistake and just calling it a day.
Just for the record I haven't said half the stuff your claiming so I won't be admiting to any mistakes.

You should brush up on your comprehension skills or better still just stick to playing wi your golden gun.

You're only as good as your last game and Morelos' last few games haven't been £15m standard.

Just for the record I haven't said half the stuff your claiming so I won't be admiting to any mistakes.

You should brush up on your comprehension skills or better still just stick to playing wi your golden gun.

You're only as good as your last game and Morelos' last few games haven't been £15m standard.

I only claimed you made a completely irrelevant post about him having being shite tonight, which wasn’t actually much to do with the point I had made when you quoted me. I’m not sure what the “other stuff is”.

The last paragraph is hilarious and certainly not the short sighted approach potential suitors take when looking at players. Basically, you’re pissing in the wind because you’re too small to admit your error. That’s fine though, you keep at and I’ll go this way instead.

Nope, what concerns me more is that same result and performance would have been achieved even with a Gerrard, Tav, Kent, Wright, Bassey all available. With what we had, clean sheet, into the group's with minimum fuss. Meh I'll take it without too much drama
And we laboured through it. Does that not raise alarm bells?

So pleased to get through this tie though it was a terrible match to watch. Don’t want to criticise any individual players this evening, but there were a few failures, rather say I thought that Aribo, Helander and Kamara were good and well done to McCrorie (hope his head is better!).
Onward and upwards lads, put the mhanks to the sword please.

Nope, what concerns me more is that same result and performance would have been achieved even with a Gerrard, Tav, Kent, Wright, Bassey all available. With what we had, clean sheet, into the group's with minimum fuss. Meh I'll take it without too much drama
Your first sentence is utterly damning of where we are. We look utterly rudderless, devoid of ideas, lacking intensity etc (i could go on)

Your first sentence is utterly damning of where we are. We look utterly rudderless, devoid of ideas, lacking intensity etc (i could go on)
We need to play our way out of it, moaning about failings wont drag us out of it. No better place or time than Sunday

We need to play our way out of it, moaning about failings wont drag us out of it. No better place or time than Sunday
Form always (usually, sometimes) goes out the window. We need to transform completely from everything we’ve seen so far this season.
Be interesting to see how the players cope with the expectations of the crowd

What admin said was "nobody has correctly named those missing"

Meaning people were saying "I've been told blah blah blah" and naming 5 or 6 random names. Yes some of those names were some of the players who were isolating, but some were wrong, meaning their 'source' was wrong and therefore were talking drivel

Just because some named 2 or 3 of those who were isolating doesn't mean they were 'right' overall, so let's not listen to WhatsApp rumours

Admin also said we will have a strong 11 who can compete (which is true) and also we may have some players back on Sunday

Unless of course you can point to someone who was 'spot on' as you say? I.e someone who only named exactly who was missing

Will all due respect…. Your post is akin to Matt Hancock facing Peirs Morgan on GMB last year.

We’re splitting feathers.

We were being led to believe this was a relatively minuscule issue. (It wasn’t - as an injury to mccrorie and Arfield in that first half could’ve been a real difficult one to over come)

We were led to believe that the rumours were largely inaccurate/nonsense. Ok they weren’t factually accurate but they were 99.99% correct. It was only a list of 5 players missing when it was actually more. So the “rumours” were underplayed.

As I said - splitting feathers with putting phrases/quotes under the microscope. It was being played down, when it was/is a serious issue that could’ve or could haunt us today/weekend.

Hence my questioning of the motive.

No, loads were absolute nonsense amd some were correct.

When there’s so much shite doing the rounds it becomes impossible to separate what was real and what was made up

But it was generally 99% accurate, although it was being played down as pïsh.

The fan media is coming under criticism from mainstream (as if they have a cheek) but “cheerleading” like this is starting to make people wonder….
Nobody’s saying pick holes in the club/team/organisation, but don’t suggest things are generally hunky dory when it’s not. Say nothing in this instance.

We should have blasted them into orbit over the two legs but we did create a good 4/5 clear cut chances tonight and on another night, Alfie gets 2 or 3. First half performance was OK, second half very poor as a collective.

Individually, thought Aribo was very good. Hagi good in the first half but fell out of the game completely second half. Borna playing very much like a second choice left back - hopefully the international break gives him a chance to get himself up to speed.

Special mention for McCrorie. Didn't have a lot of saves to make but done everything that was asked of him. Very smart off his line for the red card incident.

Aribo, Kamara and McCrorie only ones I’d give pass marks too.

I know you’re not allowed to say anything against Morelos on here without being accused of having it in for him - but his second half showing was a joke.

Few others were very poor and look so leggy and slack. Barisic and Arfield really struggling.
He missed three glorious chances the last one he should have headed but he went with his foot instead.
I'd expect a junior player to stick them away.

I only claimed you made a completely irrelevant post about him having being shite tonight, which wasn’t actually much to do with the point I had made when you quoted me. I’m not sure what the “other stuff is”.

How can a post about Morelos’ performance tonight be irrelevant in tonight’s match thread.

If anything is irrelevant it’s banging on about previous performances which are not pertinent to tonight’s game.

Delighted we're through. Performance was poor though.
Can only think that the instruction, especially after the red card, was to conserve energy and not do anything stupid, which we didn't.
We've had sort of similar before when we've went away to Maribor and Neiderkorn and came back with a 0-0.
It wasn't pretty but if we'd taken our chances it would have been a lot more comfortable. Under the circumstances of the team still trying to find form and the COVID outbreak, getting the job done and moving on to Sunday is what it's all about.

Really mate , we put in a terrible performance first half , then out scored them in second half with 10 men , i don’t know how they got this far , bookmark this and grow a set :D
I think I might remind you about your comments.
That was a horrible nervy 90 minutes and even with them having 10 men we were not convincing.
There were times their right back made fools of some of our players.
This Rangers team is not at the races.
Conditions were difficult but we are not anywhere last season’s levels.
Yes we were also missing a couple of the Covid guys.
But if we had been playing anything like a half decent team in this playoff round we would be out

They were awful, if we are being honest.

We played terrible the first half, but should have won by 4/5 in the second half - absolutely nothing to fear.
As I predicted, a horrible 90 nervy minutes from a poor Rangers team.
They were poor too but we weren’t much better.
We could be in for a hard time on Sunday.

Slow,lethargic players going through the motions the first 11 needs freshened up with quality eventually these performances will cost us points tonight I seen players not even interested in trying to win alarm bells ringing for me

We don't have the funds too freshen things up unless we manage to sell in the few days remsining in the window. Then the concern would be costly panic buys as the selling club inflates the fee the closer to deadline.

For me Morelos went through the motions yesterday - his 3 sitters the result of a lack of commitment, sloppy, not giving a damn.

i watched out game last night and words can't describe how that team played last night however the team getting gutted and the heat i'll taken getting to the group stages any day over performance............now for the weekend.

That was a painful watch last night.I feel if we are falling off a cliff after last season’s high.

Surprised at the reaction to the performance to be honest.
If Alfie had done his job it would have been lights out by half time.
We had to travel for more than five hours, then play in 35 degree heat, plus all the covid drama and an Old Firm game looming on Sunday.
We got through – that's all that mattered.

Back