Albania coach fires warning to Grezda

Recoba

Official Ticketer
Grezda seems like a complete waster, i hope we get rid of him asap

Eros Grezda fired warning as Rangers winger’s troubles mount
The Ibrox player has been urged to 'take responsibility' by his Albania head coach.

Rangers winger Eros Grezda has been told to "take responsibility" by his Albania manager after he walked out on their squad.
The 24-year-old – who could be sold by the Ibrox giants this summer – quit the Albanian training camp ahead of their Euro 2020 double-header with Iceland and Moldova, with the Balkan country's FA stating he had "personal problems".
But Grezda himself insisted it was because of an injury and wished his team mates all the best for the games, where they lost in Iceland, but beat Moldova at home.
Reports in his homeland suggested the real reason he left was because he was informed he wouldn't be an automatic pick and stormed out.
And Albania manager Edoardo Reja has now urged Rangers wideman Grezda to improve his attitude and commitment.

Reja said: "Eros has made his decision and it's clear he's got some problems going on.

"The situation was I had two other players who weren't going originally going to be in the team either - Kristi Qose and Odise Roshi.
"But they both chose to stay with the camp and tried to show me what they could do. They impressed me.

Rangers star Eros Grezda will be off the road until October after ban (Image: SNS Group)
"I ended up using both of them and they made a big difference.
"They stayed because they have Albania in their heart.
"Grezda is wrong on this matter. He needs to start taking responsibility for his actions."
Record Sport Online revealed on Thursday night it’s believed Rangers would listen to offers for Grezda, who made just 13 appearances in the Premiership last season.

Remember meeting him and his bird in the Anchorline when I was out with my bird (no pics).

We chatted for a while and he told me how he was frustrated he hadn't been able to show the Rangers fans his true ability because of injury.

Said he was determined to get back fit, show what he was about and he seemed really genuine.

It's now looking like he was telling me porkies.

He will never play for a club as big as ours, ever!

Will the penny finally drop that he has the chance of a lifetime here?

Does he give a rats ass?

Can't wait to see the back of this waster. P*sh like this only reduces his value in any potential sale.

We'll probably need to loan him out somewhere rather than sell him.

Remember meeting him and his bird in the Anchorline when I was out with my bird (no pics).

We chatted for a while and he told me how he was frustrated he hadn't been able to show the Rangers fans his true ability because of injury.

Said he was determined to get back fit, show what he was about and he seemed really genuine.

Or things have taken a dip since then.

It's unlikely we'll ever find out either way. For what little it's worth, I don't believe the fault lies with Grezda alone as to why it hasn't worked, but most would disagree.

For his sake, be it with Rangers or elsewhere, I hope he gets his confidence back and sorts out whatever is affecting him.

We should never have signed a player who had been out of Football for 6 months injured. We've had our fingers burnt far too many times in the past with these type of signings.

Best bet for us is to put him out on loan and hope that a club takes a chance on him next summer I can't see anyone buying him after this.

So far Grezda has been like Harry Forrester with even less ability. I genuinely cannot think of a piece of skill, a pass, movement or a even taking someone on which have made me think he's a player. I know he scored a couple against Motherwell and I had hoped he would kick on from that but it was against 10 men and he had been terrible in the first half of the game.

I appreciate he arrived off the back of an injury and operation but usually by now I would expect some kind of indication that the guy can play a bit.

I hope he proves me wrong and becomes a success but given the reports of his off field antics its looking increasingly unlikely.

Never realised Panucci had left them, he used to talk up grezda. Also see Porrini is listed as an assistant coach for them too.

I wanted this one to work so badly. From the description before he came in he was exactly the sort of player we needed and every time he started or came on I was buzzing to see what he could do. I probably stuck with him longer than I should have just because of how desperate I was to see him do well. The fact that his national manager is now confirming suspicions we've held all season doesn't bode well.

At 24 he's far from a lost cause, but there comes a point where a player needs to experience a real shock to put them in that make-or-break mode. I don't think that's going to happen at Rangers any more, although I would still be delighted to be proved wrong.

Thought after the Pena debacle that we would have learned a lesson and wouldn’t be signing any more duds for significant amounts of money.

We have to learn to stop wasting money away

How is it possible to keep making these shockingly bad signings? Whoever sanctioned this signing and the likes of Pena, Herrera etc. needs their jotters.

We will find out on Monday how his attitude is......if it is stinking he will be dealt with by SG the same as any of the other jokers have been.

It's easy to tell a fan that in the space of ten minutes or whatever it was. What's going on in reality looks totally different. It takes a particular mentality to play for Rangers. If anything in his head is in doubt or he's not at the races then we are better off without. I think the Pena situation should make everyone sit up and realise that we can't wait forever for something that may never materialise.

And I'm sure Gerrard has given him every warning/opportunity to sort himself as well.

We should never have signed a player who had been out of Football for 6 months injured. We've had our fingers burnt far too many times in the past with these type of signings.

Best bet for us is to put him out on loan and hope that a club takes a chance on him next summer I can't see anyone buying him after this.
I couldn’t really get my head around buying a player, especially considering the price that had being injured for so long and hadn’t done a pre- season so was always going to be playing catch up.
Whoever sanctioned that really never thought it though.

Gerrard won't want him around the squad. Surplus to requirement but who is going to be interested as Grezdas reputation goes down the toilet.

Hope Eros & BB get a good pre season into them and get both into the gym and harden the fuk up.
I don't want either to fail as some obviously like to see.

Being quoted he's a 20m player and plays like Ribbery.
Got to be a player in there ffs,
Monday big for both players I hope they prove everyone wrong.

Hope Eros & BB get a good pre season into them and get both into the gym and harden the fuk up.
I don't want either to fail as some obviously like to see.

Being quoted he's a 20m player and plays like Ribbery.
Got to be a player in there ffs,
Monday big for both players I hope they prove everyone wrong.
They both need to toughen up, but i don't think its the toughness you get from hitting the gym. They are two big guys, look like they should be physically strong enough. Grezda posted a pic on instagram the other day and he looked ripped (no homo).

On the pitch they both just look soft mentally, and/or severely lacking in confidence. It'll be interesting to see the approach with them once pre-season starts.

They both need to toughen up, but i don't think its the toughness you get from hitting the gym. They are two big guys, look like they should be physically strong enough. Grezda posted a pic on instagram the other day and he looked ripped (no homo).

On the pitch they both just look soft mentally, and/or severely lacking in confidence. It'll be interesting to see the approach with them once pre-season starts.
Gym won't do them any harm.
Couple of fuk off punches each from Souness wouldn't harm them.
Need to take the fire in the belly into games, both internationals FFS!!

Back