Albertz grabbing Matthaus by the neck

He did the same at Ibrox to Gary Smith of Hibs and was sent off, to a rousing rendition of ALBERTZ!!! ALBERTZ!!! ALBERTZ!!!

Seem to remember Matthaus had just done something to Ferguson at that point and Albertz was having none of it.

Hell of a team we had then.
And how we didnt beat them is beyond me...in munich, kahn had the best game of his career, we hit the woodwork bout 3 times aswell. Seen an interview with Kahn years after he retired. They were talking about his illustrious career and all the medals he had won, championships, cups, world cup, euros he played in, the lot and asked him what was his best personal performance. That was a champions league group game against Glasgow Rangers he said. On any another night we would have beaten them ......

Moore's a classic in that he has the look that's saying "yer no so f*cking smart now are ye, ya wee crunt". Brilliant.;)

How pissed off was I after those 2 games against Bayern? We absolutely dominated them home and away and only got 1 point.

An absolute favourite of mine. Great pic.

And was delighted to see Moore turn from whipping boy to a rock solid defender.

Payback, I seem to remember Mattheus doing something similar to Barry Ferguson. He was an arrogant prick. Mattheus that is , no Barry!
To be fair... arrogance is a very important part of being a footballer.
Most of the best footballers in the world were extremely arrogant...
Ferguson himself (quite rightly) had that look about him as well - he had to..

Look at the chance on 19 mins and watch the acceleration of Mols to get into the 6 yard box.
A travesty his injury

Heartbroken when he left. He gave us so many wonderful times. Does he ever come back for fans events?

Always speaks in the highest regards about us and his time here. And, BTW, there was never much love lost between Hamburger SV and Bayern players, though that holds true for many teams and players. The arrogance that oozes out of that club and most of his players is utterly annoying.

Back