Albertz or Gazza

Albertz or gazza?

• Albertz

Votes: 138 41.9%
  • Gazza

Votes: 191 58.1%

• Total voters
Gazza was, by a distance the more naturally gifted footballer, but the Hammer was special. In my all time XI I’d have Gazza with the Hammer’s mentality. What a player that would have been.

To be honest I thought Gazza would have skooshed it.

Don’t get me wrong I loved Albertz but Gazza was probably one of only 2 or 3 truly world class players to play for us in my lifetime.
It’s about contribution to rangers and big Jörg done some amount.

I’m surprised at how close this is.
Albertz was brilliant but gazza was on a different level.

I’m surprised at how close this is.
Albertz was brilliant but gazza was on a different level.
Albertz was better for Rangers overall.

Gazza was a genuine world class talent in his day and was a superstar when he signed but he is a bit overrated as a Rangers player as a result of this. That's not to say he wasn't brilliant for us because he was for two seasons.

Albertz was consistently great for a longer period of time, it's arguable that he was just as good for us specifically in terms of quality

Albertz was better for Rangers overall.

Gazza was a genuine world class talent in his day and was a superstar when he signed but he is a bit overrated as a Rangers player as a result of this. That's not to say he wasn't brilliant for us because he was for two seasons.

Albertz was consistently great for a longer period of time, it's arguable that he was just as good for us specifically in terms of quality
Agree with everything said here

I think it’s a given that Gazza was by far the better player but I’d pick Albertz simply for being here longer and the quality he gave us right from the start to the end of his career for us. Also delivered for us a lot more in Europe.
This is the correct answer. I loved Gazza when he was with us and gutted when he left but when Der Hammer left It felt like a death in the family.

Gascoigne was an outstanding player for us no doubt about . But Albertz for me contributed far more. Both players were excellent in the league for us . But in Europe albertz put in the better games. PSV and Bayern spring to mind. The scum were absolutely petrified of albertz he bossed nearly every game v them. I put albertz in the same bracket as laudrup and gascoigne not as talented but what he gave us as club was more the gascoigne.

Gascoigne , no contest.

Paul Gascoigne in his prime was a world class football player. When he was at Rangers he was head and shoulders above everyone in Scotland with the exception of Laudrup. There should be no debate that he is one of the finest football players ever to grace the game in Scotland.

Albertz was a decent player for us with a good contribution to the club but he is several levels below the quality of Gascoigne.

Albertz was a decent player for us?

That's some critique. He was s few levels up from decent FFS

Very tough . Gazza was the world superstar , and a great player . But based only on rangers , big Jorg is the winner contributed more for a longer period of time . Scored a helluva lot of important goals in big matches for us.

Precisely my own thought. Gazza was an incredible talent but the question was 'who was the better player for us'. The Hammer did more for us than Gazza, despite some memorable moments from the latter. Jorg didn't have the same talent but my goodness he contributed a lot during his time at Ibrox.

I echo this, when we really needed a goal in the big games, Der Hammer popped up.

This is like choosing who to live with between your mum or dad after a divorce. Went for Gazza!

Gazza was clearly the better player but Albertz contributed more to Rangers.
This for me. Gazza was a genius without doubt, but Albertz offered more to Rangers.

Knocking Lamberts teeth out and winning a penalty is enough for me!

It really is Albertz all the way in regards to contribution . Gazza was amazing too but he was here for a short time and wasn't a big loss leaving , as cool as he was . Albertz however was missed much more imo.

Albertz for me. Gazza was more gifted but issues and injury means that he wasn't always there for us but when he was bit what a player. Albertz really turned up constantly and in the bug games. You always fancied him for a goal against the Tims too.

Gascoigne lit up Ibrox, he had genius, he made dreams come true; he doesn't make mere contributions in this comparative sense. Those years he was here were sprinkled with magic. The composer Shubert once said, 'some people come into our lives, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never the same'; that's Gascoigne, that's why his Rangers Years video on Youtube has had near on half a million views. Laudrup once said of Gascoigne that 'he glided with the ball in a way that made him virtually untouchable for opponents'. Contribution? Gascoigne's contribution never goes away.

I take it you weren't at Ibrox the day of Albertz last game? I'd say Albertz also left some footprints on our hearts - he is one of the most popular players I've ever seen at Ibrox.

Gascoigne , no contest.

Paul Gascoigne in his prime was a world class football player. When he was at Rangers he was head and shoulders above everyone in Scotland with the exception of Laudrup. There should be no debate that he is one of the finest football players ever to grace the game in Scotland.

Albertz was a decent player for us with a good contribution to the club but he is several levels below the quality of Gascoigne.

You obviously didn't read the OP.

With all due respect to The Hammer, who was a fantastic player and one of my favourites...

Whit????

I don’t think it’s that outlandish a question.

Gascoigne was obviously the more talented of the two but really only did it for us for a couple of years while Albertz was a standout for much longer chipping in with so many match winning goals.

Back