Albie Murphy of Clyde - mad bigot sent off twice against Rangers

mdingwall

Administrator
Seems to have been a horrible bastard.

S4rd2gL.jpg

Needed a better financial advisor if his pension depended on exposing himself as a dull bigot......I blame the skules

Remember him well. Some R.C. players bless themselves with a quick manoeuver, whereas he did the 4 movements very slowly and very obviously.

Scum is scum.

Then, now, forever.

Edit - why is this worthy of a full-page story? This is surely designed merely to provoke.

My dad told me Billy Simpson hated him with a passion.He said he chinned him in a game against Clyde.Any help here?Any info would be good to let my dad know some info.Hos memory is a bit sketchy.

He blessed himself all the time in front of the fans, and as the game progressed you could bet that our Northern Ireland striker Billy Simpson would stick one on him, which he did a few times.Those were the days.
Yes remember it well him and Billy boy used to get into it great days when we took no shit from no one

For that match it sounds like the fans might have been on his case because he went for Maxie.
Also like the abuse story in the lower corner from the totally separate celtic boys club official. Why would fergus comment on it??:confused:

My dad told me Billy Simpson hated him with a passion.He said he chinned him in a game against Clyde.Any help here?Any info would be good to let my dad know some info.Hos memory is a bit sketchy.
In that game Woodburn had been sent off earlier and (so the story goes) when Murphy and Simpson went up the tunnel Woodburn guarded the door through to the dressing rooms and told Simpson to finish the job off.

This thread is a wee walk down memory lane for this Bear. The night that Albert Murphy was marched off the park by two of Glasgow's finest is my first ever memory of a game at Ibrox. I was 4 years old and got taken by my dad to see us win the Glasgow Cup. We won 2-0 and the sight of the two cops coming onto the park to march big Albert off it has been part of my memory for over 60 years. It caused no little hilarity among the watching Bears. My other abiding memory from that night is of George Young lifting the Glasgow Cup. To this wee lad at the time he was an absolute giant. For these reasons the Glasgow Cup has always meant a lot to me and it was great to see that old trophy being paraded around Ibrox again at half time when we played Kilmarnock.

Spot on i was at the game when Billy stookied Murphy, i may be wrong but im sure it was at Shawfield, and both of them may have been sent off.
It was always a fiesty game when we played against the Bully Wee.there was never a dull moment, when Simpson & Murphy were in the park.
Billy Simpson hated Murphy, as did the fans.

Back