Albion Car Park – Possible Sale?

MichaelSeafarer

I’ve uncovered some interesting information from the minutes of recent meetings of Govan Community Council.

In November 2019:
Rangers were proposing to sell off part of the Albion Car Park - intention unknown.

In December 2019:
Rangers proposal is to sell off part of the Albion for Housing, while also pursuing other land for parking.

“Strong Support” for the reopening of the Ibrox Railway Station from SNP Councillor Dornan.

Minutes for both meetings can be found here: https://govancommunitycouncil.com/events/about-2/minutes/

Sounds like a compromise imo, keep part of the car park for park and ride and match day parking, sell 50% for housing

Didnt Suck hint ages ago that something was afoot regards the Albion? and it wasnt a postiive thing

Rangers have removed the car park season pass from sale. It was there mid December.

Back’s gone and wanted one.

Albion Car Park Pass - Looking to buy

@Greg Marshall

Possibly some of it going to be closed / fenced off for whatevers going on ?

Maybe a compromise somewhere.
There is a lot of waste ground down Broamloan Road, could that be converted into car parking, with a better traffic management system.

I'm sure I read on here a few months back that someone had seen a company in drilling the ground in the carpark.

ill phil will be telling all who listen that we are having our hand forced to keep the lights on for another year, that and selling Alfredo :))

If the station can be opened on the main Ayr to Glasgow line behind the garage it would be ideal. Trains from Ayr picking up Ayrshire and Renfrewshire bears without the need to go to central station and double back. Glasgow bears able to choose between the subway and either Ayr or Ardrossan trains coming the other way from central.
Could Ulster bears have coordinated trains from Stranraer off the boat?

I wouldn’t sell any land we own around the stadium as a trade off though.

They are doing land assessments in waste ground next to the car park, checking if it’s suitable to be building flats there apparently.
Heard a while back that the ground was either sold or to be sold off, due to the council exclusion zone, and a major part of any sale was to reopen the railway station. Theyve got the electric subway train testing area down behind the car park, and I know they were possibly looking to ready the ground nearby for a train station platform.
I would say the car park would defo be sold off.

Was it not a condition of the planning permission for the Club Deck that the Albion Car Park must be maintained by the club to minimise the parking impact of the additional crowd numbers?

I’ve uncovered some interesting information from the minutes of recent meetings of Govan Community Council.

In November 2019:
Rangers were proposing to sell off part of the Albion Car Park - intention unknown.

In December 2019:
Rangers proposal is to sell off part of the Albion for Housing, while also pursuing other land for parking.

“Strong Support” for the reopening of the Ibrox Railway Station from SNP Councillor Dornan.

Minutes for both meetings can be found here: https://govancommunitycouncil.com/events/about-2/minutes/

It was actually Dornan who proposed it and there was strong support from the rest of the group. Hopefully this is something that will progress. It would be a real game changer for many fans and reduce the amount of traffic on a match day. I'm sure it would be a real benefit for the local residents too.

It was actually Dornan who proposed it and there was strong support from the rest of the group. Hopefully this is something that will progress. It would be a real game changer for many fans and reduce the amount of traffic on a match day. I'm sure it would be a real benefit for the local residents too.
Call me a cynic but, what’s in this for septic?
Is that not a different Dornan???
I'm guessing that Councillor Dornan is not the same as Chief Bigot Dornan MSP.

I stand to be corrected,

Was it not a condition of the planning permission for the Club Deck that the Albion Car Park must be maintained by the club to minimise the parking impact of the additional crowd numbers?
The council could rescind that, or is it a government ruling?

Surely it would be a no brainer to reintroduce a platform at Ibrox to provide for the local community and match days. The 20-25 or so home games a season would be a good earner for the train company and would pay for itself over a few years.

reopening the station would be great for the fans, as mentioned about Ayrshire bears passing the stadium then getting a subway or train back to Ibrox

I heard something about this a while back and was asked to sit on it.

It sounded like a crap deal if I recall unless it opens up other opportunities but we are getting shafted in the area of our stadium and should have lots of land in the area but do not.

Ideal Trade off would be a portion of the Albion for the Sports Training Complex on Edmiston Drive, plus money. But i wouldn't sell land just for the money, that's not forward planning in my book.

Back