Albion car park .

BlueMeanie

Season tickets now available to buy for new season 2018/2019 . Same as last season £250 , renewed mine .

Last edited:
Is it not only £7 per game? So £133 for 19 home games? Even counting a further 10-15 non home league games and you still wouldn't make your money back.

Or am I missing something?

I've parked there a few times but traffics brutal getting out. Couldn't do it every week

Is it not only £7 per game? So £133 for 19 home games? Even counting a further 10-15 non home league games and you still wouldn't make your money back.

Or am I missing something?

I've parked there a few times but traffics brutal getting out. Couldn't do it every week

Correct , only thing it guarantees entry . Nightmare to get out at times as you say .

Aye, did the calcs on it last year and thought this isnae right. Would have thought buying a season pass should make it work out less than £7 a game not more??

Aye, did the calcs on it last year and thought this isnae right. Would have thought buying a season pass should make it work out less than £7 a game not more??

Thought that myself and questioned it at the ticket office when renewing season ticket a few years back . But they wouldn't budge on price . They say you are paying for a guaranteed parking space for every game at Ibrox . Used to be £200 , but they increased it by £50 last year .

Have you got a link mate?
I got an e mail this morning and renewed from that . If you go on the official site , click tickets , buy online , Tickets and Parking , takes you there .

SEASONAL CAR PARKING

• ALBION 2018-19 SEASONAL CAR PARK PASS
  • Availability:Good

Where/what is the Albion car park? I've seen it mentioned on here countless times but I haven't got a clue what anyone is on about. Is it the car park behind the Sandy Jardine Stand?

Where/what is the Albion car park? I've seen it mentioned on here countless times but I haven't got a clue what anyone is on about. Is it the car park behind the Sandy Jardine Stand?

Big car park off the Broamloan roundabout. Nearly opposite the Wee Rangers Club.

Not good value at 250 bucks in my opinion. Works out at £13.75 per league game if you make all 19 games. Even getting a decent run with home cup games. Rip off when it’s £7 entry in the day.

£5 for some of the work places for parking. I park for free where I park but don’t know how that’ll pan out if the GCC parking restrictions come in.

Might be forced into the train to Partick and join the subway loyal queues.

Not good value at 250 bucks in my opinion. Works out at £13.75 per league game if you make all 19 games. Even getting a decent run with home cup games. Rip off when it’s £7 entry in the day.

£5 for some of the work places for parking. I park for free where I park but don’t know how that’ll pan out if the GCC parking restrictions come in.

Might be forced into the train to Partick and join the subway loyal queues.

Expensive but guaranteed a space for all games. Not as difficult to get out of as some claim, sometimes good sometimes bad. If new parking restrictions come into force, for anyone that’s not able to walk any great distance, it’s a good investment.

Three of us that travel together split the cost my brother works most Saturdays so it works for us having the guaranteed space getting out can be ten minutes or on a bad day around half an hour on average.

I wonder if they could build a multi-story on part of it at some point if the new restrictions do get passed through. How many cars are in there, 500? 1000? A good earner for the club as I had no idea it was that expensive. I walk past it every game and it always seems full

Where our former Albion training ground used to be .

The seasonal pass is an insurance policy basically. Worth it for those that work to lunch time on Sat and might not get a space anywhere close to the ground. Drive up on the day is never guaranteed entry and you can bet that if GCC restrictions go ahead it will be harder to buy week to week. If at all possible. They must guarantee entry for permit holders and hospitality.

Can someone quantify how long to get out at its worst.

Assuming you stood clapping til everyone off the park.

Starting taking kids and currently park 1 mile away.

I parked there the day Gerrard was announced and it was a nightmare to get out of the car park. Wouldn't fancy that on a match day when the car park would be full

I live in Yorkshire, have always got trains up before. After passing my driving test earlier this year I'm considering driving up for at least some of the games next season.

I've been a bit disheartened by reading how its a nightmare parking etc.

Surely there must be somewhere else to park, I don't mind walking 20-30 mins away.

I live in Yorkshire, have always got trains up before. After passing my driving test earlier this year I'm considering driving up for at least some of the games next season.

Surely there must be somewhere else to park, I don't mind walking 20-30 mins away.
Plenty of places suitable and guaranteed a quick access onto the motorway but you have a 15/20 mins walk from stadium, I stay 10 miles from Ibrox stay to the final whistle and I'm home in an hour from the final whistle.

Can someone quantify how long to get out at its worst.

Assuming you stood clapping til everyone off the park.

Starting taking kids and currently park 1 mile away.
I have a season pass for the albion. Sit in CR and stay to the end.
I am normally out 10 to 15 mins.
Getting out depends where you park. As i arrive early (no later than 1.30) I nearly always get a good bit for a getaway.
If you are at the far end it can take up to an hour.

Plenty of places suitable and guaranteed a quick access onto the motorway but you have a 15/20 mins walk from stadium, I stay 10 miles from Ibrox stay to the final whistle and I'm home in an hour from the final whistle.

Like supermarkets etc? Could do with specific places so I can get the postcodes for my satnav.

Like supermarkets etc? Could do with specific places so I can get the postcodes for my satnav.

All the supermarket car parks have camera activated time limits so they are a no go.

It will be a pain getting parked anywhere as the permit zone will be 1 mile from the stadium if it goes through. Once that has been finalised you could pick a street on the outskirts of that

I wonder if they could build a multi-story on part of it at some point if the new restrictions do get passed through. How many cars are in there, 500? 1000? A good earner for the club as I had no idea it was that expensive. I walk past it every game and it always seems full

The costs involved in doing that work is very inpractical, that said it would make sense to make it bigger using some of the spare land around it for little cost. As its council land would get it for peanuts, and sh*t only one diddle team gets them sweet deals

Last edited:
The problem with building a multi story etc is that folk don’t realise that this is a car park used 25 times a year max really. It’s not a car park which is full every day and you make your money back from the investment quickly.

The problem with building a multi story etc is that folk don’t realise that this is a car park used 25 times a year max really. It’s not a car park which is full every day and you make your money back from the investment quickly.

No idea how much it would cost to build. 300 spaces at £250 per season is £75,000 so potential to start making profit after 6 years if it costs £0.5m?

No idea how much it would cost to build. 300 spaces at £250 per season is £75,000 so potential to start making profit after 6 years if it costs £0.5m?

I think it be a minimum of 3m to build. But if they can get a capicity of say 1000 it might be worthwhile

It would cost far more than that to build and maintain. It would require a permanant staff for security, incur a bigger ratable value

Haha as I said I have no idea on costs. If only it was closer to the subway we could have used it as a park and ride scheme on non match days

Drive to sheilds road park and ride to Ibrox for £5.50

Dont know if there is a discount but last season there was a disabled section. I drove past last week and noticed new disabled spaces had been painted.

I've just clicked on the link there and the charge is £10 for the Bury friendly.
I take it the price has gone up from £7 per match for this season then?
Looks like it,supply and demand I guess with the new parking restrictions proposed.

Looks like it,supply and demand I guess with the new parking restrictions proposed.
I can live with a tenner I suppose but does anyone who uses it on a regular basis know how far in advance they can buy a single pass and if there's a possibility that you can't get one?

If they had more exits to go into Edmiston Dr instead of just Broomloan Rd this would ease congestion a bit.

Once we start getting back into the Champions League we should then look at improving our infrastructure, perhaps adding a multistory car park at the Albion.

Additionally, it would be interesting to know if we could get more use out of Ibrox and Albion Car Park by holding concerts or other sporting events on the weeks we aren't using them.

After VAT payments of the income of £75k - you are only left with £62.5k.

There are quite a few staff to pay on match days and with repairs and upgrades each year, there won't be an awful lot left. Tarmac and potholes along with curbs, barriers and paint lines will run away with cash each year.

Add on admin fees, payment fees and the like for managing it. Not the cash cow that you'd expect.

Back