Albufeira

Have a family friend in Vilamoura and he passed on the details of a guy who does it for a living.

His 4 cars are all full but got me the number of a girl who does it too, she's only one car so unfortunately they're full up.

If it wasn't for it being a friend of a friend I'd never have trusted them
That was a wee stroke of luck then mate.

Ultimately think I'm going to just have to place trust in whoever I book with.

I have actually been thinking of taking one for the team and hiring a 9-seater minibus. Of course the day of the match is the most expensive day to hire and with the border check, insurance and deisel/petrol then the cheapest Albufiera-Seville-back after game would be £99 a person. Dunno what others think but nobody wants to rip off fellow fans and if we had a few drivers willing to stay sober we could probably do it. Also we could watch the game somewhere and ferry fans to and fro Faro airport. Probably miles cheaper than anyone else.

What border check ?

Going Dublin-Lisbon Tuesday evening then down to Albufeira. Will travel to Seville but not 100% if I will stay for the game. Need certainty that I will see it. By the chat here looks like it’s a good option to stay in Albufeira for it anyway.

What border check ?
Spanish border. I know it's Eu but you still need extra insurance to take a hire car or minibus across a border! Also all passengers and drivers will need their papers checked. Also Spain need COVID vaccine status while Portugal don't bother.

Last edited:
Even when we were in the EU we needed passport checks and it's the same for any form of transit. Even in the Schengen area it's not just as simple as going straight through. It's just a different queue and sometimes quicker now!

Even when we were in the EU we needed passport checks and it's the same for any form of transit. Even in the Schengen area it's not just as simple as going straight through. It's just a different queue and sometimes quicker now!
Correct me if I’m wrong but there’s no border of any sort on the motorway between Spain and Portugal.

If you are driving it’ll be the same as going between Scotland and England.

Having been in Albufeira now for a few days and been around.

I saw folks mentioned Sports Bar 33 and Carlos’s bar at Bullring.

Decent enough options if not willing to go anywhere from that area or The Strip, but I would be looking at maybe 8 Euros in an Uber down to the Old Town where many more far better/bigger pubs with multi large screens the streets around the Old Town Square. Liverpool game on here the now and much better places for folk to see the game in my opinion.

I watched the Dundee Utd game in Sports Bar 33, prefer being in with fellow bears when watching one of our matches.

Correct me if I’m wrong but there’s no border of any sort on the motorway between Spain and Portugal.

If you are driving it’ll be the same as going between Scotland and England.
COVID changed everything with each member state having separate rules. There has always been a border between Spain and Portugal when all that is required is a passport! However - you can't just drive across!

Travel documents

EU, EEA and Swiss citizens need only present a passport or national identity card that is valid on the day you enter and leave Portugal. There is no minimum validity required.

All other citizens need to present a passport or other accepted travel document that is valid for the total duration of their planned stay in Portugal. Some will require a visa - see the Visa section below for more information.

All travellers​

The documentation you must present on entry when travelling from the UK to Spain is determined by your reason for travel.

If you are traveling to Spain for tourism you must show valid proof of one of the following:

• being fully vaccinated (with both doses of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a one-dose vaccine) at least 14 days prior to arrival in Spain (date(s) of vaccination must be specified). See ‘If you’re fully vaccinated’.
  • having recovered from COVID-19 in the last 6 months. You can also use a medical certificate or recovery record to prove your COVID-19 status on entry to Spain. See ‘If you’ve had COVID-19 in the past year’.

Those in / who have been to Albuferia recently - what's the story with Taxi's ? do they have UBER or is it flag down on the street? or is there an online app where i can pre book a taxi (for Wednesday morning to get to our bus pick up point)

Those in / who have been to Albuferia recently - what's the story with Taxi's ? do they have UBER or is it flag down on the street? or is there an online app where i can pre book a taxi (for Wednesday morning to get to our bus pick up point)

Im back from Albufeira about a month ago and used Uber every day, reasonably cheap aswell.
Loads of taxis floating around aswell.
Unsure about fares to seville but you can do a fare check on Ubers website

I'm sure they have Uber. Your hotel should be able to book you a taxi for a set time

I'm off to albufeira the Wednesday after the final with missus, thought I'd beer myself in Malaga before the game for a wee change of scenery!!

Uber seems decent enough having used fair bit this last week over here.

From The Strip you are looking at 5Euro to old town, 20 to Villamoura Marina, 15 to ZooMarine and about 190 to Sevilla.

Plenty other normal taxi’s about too.

One local company does have an app called 1Taxi! but I didn’t like look of it.

There is little Tuk-Tuks about too if you want the ripped off tourist experience around local area.

COVID changed everything with each member state having separate rules. There has always been a border between Spain and Portugal when all that is required is a passport! However - you can't just drive across!

Travel documents

EU, EEA and Swiss citizens need only present a passport or national identity card that is valid on the day you enter and leave Portugal. There is no minimum validity required.

All other citizens need to present a passport or other accepted travel document that is valid for the total duration of their planned stay in Portugal. Some will require a visa - see the Visa section below for more information.

All travellers​

The documentation you must present on entry when travelling from the UK to Spain is determined by your reason for travel.

If you are traveling to Spain for tourism you must show valid proof of one of the following:

• being fully vaccinated (with both doses of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a one-dose vaccine) at least 14 days prior to arrival in Spain (date(s) of vaccination must be specified). See ‘If you’re fully vaccinated’.
  • having recovered from COVID-19 in the last 6 months. You can also use a medical certificate or recovery record to prove your COVID-19 status on entry to Spain. See ‘If you’ve had COVID-19 in the past year’.
My mate is travelling with us to Portugal with a negative Covid test. Does this mean he can't go to Spain?

I’ve got bookings for both faro and albufeira but need to cancel one. Not sure which one I should keep, also keeping in mind if I can’t get in to Seville where would be the best to watch the game?

I watched the Dundee Utd game in Sports Bar 33, prefer being in with fellow bears when watching one of our matches.
If you were sitting out the back room, we were probably in the same company!

Uber works well.
Taxis very rarely stop in the street,you need to go to a rank.
Check out Yellowfish transfers from airport to Albufeira,reliable every time we’ve used them.

Cheers folks. My only concern is it’s further from Seville if I decide to attempt to go in
The group I'm going with still can't decide whether we're better to just stay in Albufeira for the game. I personally keep getting the fear that we'll get to Seville and have nowhere to see the game.

Anyone staying at the Pateo Village Apartments?

The group I'm going with still can't decide whether we're better to just stay in Albufeira for the game. I personally keep getting the fear that we'll get to Seville and have nowhere to see the game.

Anyone staying at the Pateo Village Apartments?
thats exactly what im thinking.i cant figure out how many people are going to be in faro/albufeira though, dont see any point in going to just watch the game there unless its likely to have a decent party

For anyone arriving late into Faro airport, the good news is that there are early hours transfers. It's about 20 mins by bus to the Faro bus terminal but the redline express only takes an hour non-stop. It looks as though these leave just after midnight and then 1.30am.

If anyone is flying from Prestwick to Faro on the 1935 flight tomorrow night, am hoping to arrange a resort shuttle to take us to central Albufiera. Failing that, 2 of us will be going on public transport or happy to share a taxi with up to another 3. You might even be able to get on our shuttle.

Spanish border. I know it's Eu but you still need extra insurance to take a hire car or minibus across a border! Also all passengers and drivers will need their papers checked. Also Spain need COVID vaccine status while Portugal don't bother.
Not sure thats correct mate?

Same mate I hope its all good cause we have 8 booked with him
Yeah hadn't heard of the guy before but from scrolling down the page seems to be on the level. There's podcasts and that with him on screen. Booked for me, my son and my sister. My Mrs is asking doo I know for sure after handing all this money over. Telling her yes but like anything will be a lot happier when sitting on that bus with a beer. Had a taxi booked that would have been hoping to share with people. Much rather a bus though than trust a driver to be at some random designated point 12 hours later or whatever. Hopefully see you next week then mate.
Does he not have something to do with the Lee Rigby charity
Yeah seen that from scrolling down the Facebook page.

Not sure thats correct mate?

Maybe just the driver check - I know they have a cross border thing as an option for travelling to Spain - only about £15, so am sure all fans will be ok. I think it's only a Covid thing and probably just an extra thing for the hire company to charge for!

Maybe just the driver check - I know they have a cross border thing as an option for travelling to Spain - only about £15, so am sure all fans will be ok. I think it's only a Covid thing and probably just an extra thing for the hire company to charge for!

For Braga game, I flew into Spain and then bus. Did the same in reverse. No checks at all at the border mate.

Edit - You are right about the hire car thing as we looked into doing it but, that's an insurance issue rather than any of the cars being checked I think? A lot of companies don't take anything extra for it anyway, but for the ones that do it looks like a way to squeeze a bit of extra cash out of you than anything else.

Last edited:
****Car Journey to Seville now taken by @Aliba************

I've just booked wee SUV for my stay in Albufiera (tonight until 23rd May).
Can take 3 others with us to Seville departing during the day from your location to a bar in Seville where the game is on. I'll then be leaving for the game but my friend Stewart who is with me doesn't have a ticket and will be watching in the bar in Seville with you (if you don't have tickets). At closing time we'll take you back (via the stadium or central Seville if you fancy) to your digs in Albufiera.
I wanted a minibus but costs are astronomical - so I understand why minibus transfers would be higher priced. I'm doing it for £70 or 75 euros return.
Staying sober anyway around the game for luck.
I also might do some transfers to Faro airport and back from Albufiera and will cover costs at 7.5 euros a head. PM me for details, I will be back on FF when am in Albufiera from tonight and can be tracked down at "The Empty Glass" or the Bullring bar.

Last edited:
Back