Albuferia,Portugal

volunteer

Just back from a week in Albuferia and discovered the Brittania bar(formerly the Hideaway for the Bears who may known it).
Run by a guy called Alan,his wife Marie and Lorette(sp?) who works with them,nice folk and got on really well with them and was my local for the week.Unfortunately it was international football week so no Rangers matches to watch but all games will be shown.It's a 2 minute walk from the strip,very reasonable prices for your drink so when in town give them your support.

2629nc5.jpg

1676ya0.jpg

I was in there in May when I was staying nearby. Cracking wee pub in a great location too!
Only managed one visit though due to playing 2 rounds of golf a day.

Nice one.

I remember being in it when it was the Hideaway Bar the last time we played Sporting Lisbon in the Europa League. I spent the week in Albuferia and was in the Hideaway every day and night. Will pass this on to my Uncle who will be there during the beggars match.

Watched a game in here earlier in the year. We were made very welcome and had a great night even though we lost the game. Was the lad from Belfast still working behind the bar?

Watched a game in here earlier in the year. We were made very welcome and had a great night even though we lost the game. Was the lad from Belfast still working behind the bar?

No I never seen him in the last week so not sure it was mainly Alan,Marie and Lorette.

I will be there next Friday for the Patrick match. Looking forward to a few celebratory drinks.

Will be over in October and we play Saint Johnstone on the Friday night.

Thanks for the post, We know now where we are watching it.

Was there in October last year on several occasions when it was Hideaway. The boy from the Shankill was brilliant!

Back