Alex Lowry - A star is born

Looks so confident and comfortable on the ball,looks like having a big future with us.
Hopefully his emergence and Patterson's will see us trusting the academy boys more in the future.

The fear about young players getting their chance is utterly bizarre, the lads a player, you have to accept when these kids get a game its cos the management have seen enough to believe they deserve it and are good enough to play for Rangers.
If he's selected and plays in the next couple of games then we'll have a good idea how his physique is holding up to the intensity of the Premier League.

While Im more than a little dissapointed we don't seem to be buying first team, I'm delighted we finding talent within.

Well played Alex Lowry, showing it's about taking your opportunity.

Voted for him as MOTM in the main thread, would have been Sakala if it wasn't for the fact it was Lowrys first start. Played well in and out of possession. Couple slack passes towards the end but that was to be expected. Couple of really good defence splitting passes as well that on another day could have been taken better.

2 players introduced to midfield, Lowry and Sands, I know who has impressed me more in the first couple of games.

Caught out on a few occasions but always brave and demanding the ball. Always looked a threat and he has really quick feet. Really exciting player, he showed he can deal with pressure.

Surely we won’t let him go back to the B team.He is exactly the type of player we need in midfield as backup or complementing Aribo. We lose a lot of creativity when we play with two defensive type players there. He looks like the type of boy that would not be passed next Wednesday night.

He did very well again.
What will help his development going forward is he's playing in a position where, even if he doesnt start he should hopefully pick up plenty minutes off the bench as well. Certainly Gio has given him his chance and he's taken it so far. Great to see.

The lad was not afraid to try a threaded pass or a through ball, he wasn’t scared to take a man on or take a chance with a run, he was ready to get on the ball and show for it every time and he certainly wasn’t afraid to take a shot on goal or run towards it.

The boy is a superstar in the making. A real prospect, and in the absence of Hagi I would be starting him in the next 2 matches.

That wee gallus attitude and willingness to drive straight at his man against the manks might just be the edge we require in that game.

If Patterson sells for £16m, this young fella is double that all day long if he keeps his place in this side and helps us win the title!!

Really like what I’ve seen so far. Just needs a bit of time working in the gym as he can get out muscled. Some of that will come naturally, rest is hard work.

What a fantastic player this boy is!

0_JS255666300.jpg

He's got a huge future at Rangers!
You’re a week late with that declaration mate.:p

He's done really well in his first 2 games and will only get better once he gets settled as a member of the first team.

It's good to see we have players coming through our youth team that we can turn to which will save us and make us a fortune.

Really good first half, thought he ran out of steam a bit in the second but overall that was a very positive performance against a well organised spfl team where he didn't have much help for long periods.

The lad was not afraid to try a threaded pass or a through ball, he wasn’t scared to take a man on or take a chance with a run, he was ready to get on the ball and show for it every time and he certainly wasn’t afraid to take a shot on goal or run towards it.

The boy is a superstar in the making. A real prospect, and in the absence of Hagi I would be starting him in the next 2 matches.

That wee gallus attitude and willingness to drive straight at his man against the manks might just be the edge we require in that game.

If Patterson sells for £16m, this young fella is double that all day long if he keeps his place in this side and helps us win the title!!

The ball he played at the start of the second half for Itten was great vision, just hit it too hard.

Very impressed with him again tonight.

Seems determined to take his chance and is starting to cause a buzz when he gets on the ball. Playing with no fear and he just needs to keep doing what he's doing so far.

I dont see him going back to the B side now

The ball he played at the start of the second half for Itten was great vision, just hit it too hard.
It was a sensational pass. It got me up out of my seat and applauding, that’s for sure. It was literally Gazza-esque.

We just don’t have a player like that, other than Hagi, who could even see that pass let alone try and it execute it to perfection. Although it was slightly over hit, Itten wasn’t fast onto it either but still, it was a terrific pass.

He’s got it, whatever “it” is, he has it in abundance.

Good to see we relaxed about the boy and not building him up too much lol.

I know, if he has a poor game next you can imagine the posts on here. However the lad has been give a chance and took it. Last few games there been a fair few given this opportunity and failed miserably. So on that well done kid.

Those comparing to Baxter, lets hope they are good at scouting massive potential. I remember similar regards Lewis McLeod and Andy Murdoch lol

Last edited:
The boy goes out his way to make his every touch a positive one. Don’t get me wrong he will make the occasional backwards or safe pass but he is always looking to go forward or put some one in space. We don’t have enough of that in our team. Exciting talent!

He plays the passes other players don't look for so for me he is a breath of thresh air.
This is it for me. The one late on that was played into Wright when Lowry was on the right hand touchline summed it up for me, no one else would have played that. Brilliant decision making and composure for someone of his age.

As a few have said, he should be involved in the first team squad from now on.

He isn’t ready to be a starter week in and week out but he has a lot of talent and should be included in squads from now on.

Would love to see him with Kent, Aribo and Morelos around him.

Had the best touch and control on the pitch tonight, the experienced lads should be asking him how he does it and try and fucking do it, the amount of time we %^*& up a 10 yard pass every single game is frighteneing

Back