Alex Lowry - A star is born

As a football fan, you can generally tell within a minute if a players any good or nit, and you absolutely can with Lowry. Once he puts on a bit of upper body muscle, he will be an absolute star.

Filtered in and out of the game tonight, but made quite a number of intelligent passes and unlucky not to get an assist or 2.

Didnt play like a youth player making a tentative step up, played like he was part of the squad/team.

I think Gio needs to make a decision keep him up or not, I would go for keeping him the squad. Might not start every game, but should get on as much as possible.

I dont know how to express this, but he is a player that knows what the ball can do and what he can do with it.
Agree even moreso now with 5 sub rule!

Exact same for me. He has some great talents. The way he comes deep to take it then looks to turn and pass forward rather than a simple pass. Happy to take it in tight areas, can hold off challenges. Exciting talent.

@erskine bear Mind I said we should be giving these guys a shot in the team and you weren’t having it? ;)
I temper expectations, deliberately.

A very exciting prospect, he absolutely has to keep getting more game time even if that's from the bench with Aribo back.

Tonight's game was a drag in horrible weather conditions and without our 3 best attacking players, and he still shone. We can't go overboard with him, but with his talent it would be a major shock for him not to make it.

gn14.png

I actually liked that a couple of times he lost it. For too long we have had the safety first approach and loads of possession. Sometimes you need to take a chance and do something different.

I agree. Playing the obvious time and again makes it easy for defenders. Sakala and Lowry were prepared to take chances as did Wright but with less success.

Couldn't agree more looks a class act the boy. Something different to most youngsters we see getting a chance. Will only get better and better the more he plays staking a claim for starting against the filth
He’s settled into the first team so well that it would be a backward step if he goes back to the B team.

Hopefully he’s cemented his place in the first team squad now and gets more minutes.

I suspect with his age he may have dips in form but that’s for Gio to manage, he needs to stay around the team and get the minutes whilst he’s in form.

Looks to be that number 10 that can split a defense with a pass as well as be calm enough to go past a few and shoot.

Might save us a fortune, and make us at the same time.

Lowry drops out the next game for Aribo to come back in. It's a shame, as he's done enough in his 2 performances to still be in the XI.

I don't think he's ready yet to play week on week, he's 18, and still needs to strengthen up

He'll be our record sale in 4/5 years though

I genuinely didn’t think he was as good as was said by many on Friday but he was very good tonight.

It’s great to see a real talent emerging

Ability, awareness and bravery in possession. Made a few mistakes but still took responsibility next time he had possession.

I can’t believe no-one got on end of his ball across the goals in first half.

Don't think he goes back into B-team football tbh. Barring an absolutely mental end of window from us, which sees us bringing in 3 or 4 first team quality players. That ain't happening, so keeping Lowry involved and hopefully sign a couple of players. Then we are set to go.

I don't think he should feature every week but in games like tonight, he's going to bring something to the party. He'd also benefit from having players like Kent and Aribo linking up with him. Hopefully get him tied down on a long contract and he continues to go from strength to strength.

I think he absolutely could feature almost every week. Off the bench a lot, at least. If we were struggling for a goal, he'd be about the first option I'd be looking at to come on and create something.

There’s something about him that’s so unpredictable. Quite a few times tonight there was an easy pass on but he played another and caught them out. Won’t always come off and he’ll make plenty mistakes but he’s got that gallus streak to him.

Big decision to make for the scum game if he starts on Saturday and performs well again.

Kid is player. Needs to go on the Scott Wright weight gain plan immediately though. Once he’s got a bit more beef then the skys the limit. Youth academy is working, no doubt about it.

Yes, have to agree.

I wouldn’t be starting him in tough away matches just yet, until he builds his frame up & improves his fitness.

To me, he has massive potential, but we need to temper things & not throw him into difficult away matches where defending will be vital, and where space is less easily secured.

I’d always have him in the squad now & take the chances where we can to get him extra minutes on the park.

He CAN go to the very top, but let’s handle him compassionately.

I've loved seeing the clips of this lad playing in the youths and the B team but thought he was a year or two away from getting his chance.

Great to see he was not overawed or intimidated in either game this past week.

Looking forward to seeing him develop and kick on now. Got a wee touch of the young Cruyff about him. If he ends up a 10th of the original we'll have won a watch.

No pressure Alex.

If we'd signed an International midfielder in the break and he put in a performance like young Lowry did tonight, we'd all (quite rightly) be going nuts about what a player we'd signed.
This boy is something very special!
That mob are raving about Hatate after 2 games but from what I’ve seen Lowry has been better.

Reminds me of a younger version of Lula Modric.
This

The lad played a couple of balls tonight that players weren’t on his wavelength with, higher calibre players around him and he will look even better!

This lad could easily make us no longer think about what could have been with Billy Gilmour!

I agree with others that if he improves his mass, strength and stamina while he retains his mobility and vision…that he will undoubtedly be our record sale!! In fact I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we have some big money offers inside 18mths if he gets more game time.

As a few have said, he should be involved in the first team squad from now on.

He isn’t ready to be a starter week in and week out but he has a lot of talent and should be included in squads from now on.

Would love to see him with Kent, Aribo and Morelos around him.
Kent Aribo and Lowry scrambles my brain, that's CL speed of thought if they know each others game.

As a football fan, you can generally tell within a minute if a players any good or nit, and you absolutely can with Lowry. Once he puts on a bit of upper body muscle, he will be an absolute star.

Filtered in and out of the game tonight, but made quite a number of intelligent passes and unlucky not to get an assist or 2.
I agree. He seems to have it all. Majorly exciting. Patterson excited me.. But this boy could be unreal.

Back