Alex Lowry

Let's keep it real mate.

He did brilliantly for his debut and we're all delighted for him, but it was against part time opposition and he dropped out the game a fair bit in the 2nd half.

Gio has just said he's still got a lot to learn.

Let him develop at the right pace and fulfill his outstanding potential.
He deserves to enjoy a special night, without unrealistic claims and demands being put on him.
I for one am keeping it real.

Look at how he is already turning away after passing the ball into the net. He knows he's scored.

Absolutely, we need to take the level of opposition into account. But the other members of the team, all with first team experience, who started against that same level of opponent were hardly burning the house down, were they?

Yes, he is a work in progress, but for me, and despite the standard of Stirling tonight, that boy looks as if he is here to stay in the first team squad. At least.

Fantastic tonight but let's not forget who we were playing.
Regardless of who were playing it was his debut so that would need to be factored in. Did well, always looking for the ball, always available. His goal would be the cherry in the icing for him obviously.

To be honest, one of the most impressive things he did was in the second half when Albion were on the break and he tried to wipe the boy out. He's got talent but it strikes me has the game awareness to stop a threat in it's tracks and take one for the team.

Granted he missed him but it was enough for me to see he had a wee bit of devilment in him.

I know he’s young but hoping we have found a midfielder who’s not afraid to have a shot from outside the box and great to see king get minutes aswell

Excellent debut. I’ve seen him play for the B team a few times this season and he’s always stood out. Didn’t look out of place at all tonight.

Very impressed with what I saw.

Hopefully he will get more game time against better opposition

His quality on the ball is magnificent. So comfortable. Faded in the second half but still our best player tonight.

Looks like he's had a wee spray tan for the occasionB-)

holds the ball , he has twists and turns and will try to beat a man unlike the other pedestrian players in our midfield who just pass the ball back and sideways and is willing to shoot , whats not too like ?

Don’t see him making it in the game to be honest.

Far too small.

Absolutely delighted for him, dream debut.

He looked class as soon as he came on. Tired a bit in the second half but perfectly understandable.

Gio and the team won’t let him get carried away. Now he’s had a taste of it they’ll make sure he works as hard as he needs to.

Quick feet, good control, works hard, reads the game quickly, always looking for space, an eye for a cutting pass - what's not to like?

Let's keep it real mate.

He did brilliantly for his debut and we're all delighted for him, but it was against part time opposition and he dropped out the game a fair bit in the 2nd half.

Gio has just said he's still got a lot to learn.

Let him develop at the right pace and fulfill his outstanding potential.
He deserves to enjoy a special night, without unrealistic claims and demands being put on him.

Good summary.

But there’s no doubt that he’s one that we’ve thought has a real chance.

He’s still a skinny boy although he’s taken a nice spurt height wise which is good. We need him to fill out & increase his strength & stamina in the months ahead now.

Lowry CAN make it, and it’s encouraging that we have someone like Vos there to oversee his development.

I also thought Leon looked great too, he’s ahead of Lowry physically, but I loved his maturity and also his assertiveness. He already plays with a Rangers mindset.

He has some good stats aswell

Scottish cup - 1 game 1 goal
Scotland u19 - 3 games 2 goals
Challenge cup - 3 games 1 goal 1 assist
UEFA youth - 4 games 1 goal 2 assists
Total 11 games 5 goals 3 assists

On paper looks really promising would like him to see more moms versus the bottom half of the league at Ibrox or if we are scudding any of the rest

Dare I say a goal scoring midfielder right under our noses

Looks like a special prospect. I know there’s the argument about the standard of opposition but there’s also not a keeper in the SPL that’s saves that finish. Old trope but you can only play what’s in front of you. He outshone players that are years ahead of him. Hopefully he gets a fair few minutes this season

He was the best player on the park tonight when he came on. Streets ahead of what Hagi and Bacuna were producing in the same position.

Hopefully we see some more of him this season.

Cracking debut. I think when we are on running full tilt we should be bringing on players like Lowry more often. Fair enough he came on tonight due to injury but he done brilliant when he was called upon out the Blue.
I just think rangers profile has never been so high after stopping the ten, winning 55, undefeated, and having a Liverpool legend manage us, followed by an ex Barca champs league winner. These young boys would bust an absolute gut I’m sure to debut and keep a position in the first team and we should play on that by giving more the opportunity, and when you do well you stay in he squad……not to be rotated, but as a genuine first pick if good enough.

People downplaying his performance due to who we were playing seems very harsh. You can only beat what's in front of you and in a game with not many stand out performers he was brilliant.

Can’t wait for the multiple threads a week saying we need to punt so and so and start playing him every week, or what’s the point in an academy etc.
It’s started already :)) let the boy enjoy last nights performance and not put him under pressure, because the first time he has a stinker the knives will be out.

People downplaying his performance due to who we were playing seems very harsh. You can only beat what's in front of you and in a game with not many stand out performers he was brilliant.

Sterling seemed to be not much worse than some of the dross at the bottom of the Scottish Premiership such as St Johnstone.

Back