Alex McLeish in best of health

55itscoming

very very under rated and if I’m being honest looking back it was at times shameful the way he was treat by a lot off us in trying times squad cut spending slashed and he still delivered
Forever grateful big man
WATP
#55iscoming......eventually

Buzz07

very very under rated and if I’m being honest looking back it was at times shameful the way he was treat by a lot off us in trying times squad cut spending slashed and he still delivered
Forever grateful big man
WATP
#55iscoming......eventually
That is spot on mate. He had practically nothing compared to other managers and still gave us memories that will last forever.
A class act as a person any time I've met him.

Rt. Hon. Bearman

I'm not going to lie, there were some very low points when he was manager and some of his signings, team selections and tactics use to frustrate and baffle me.

However, he delivered two league titles, two Scottish Cups, three League Cups, got us to the last 16 of the CL and within a bawhair of the quarter finals. For all the lows, there were some great, great highs.

He is a complete gentleman who gave his all for our club and I wish him all the best.

He was too good a man for Scotland, and I say that as someone who still supports the national side (albeit through increasingly gritted teeth).

ID10

Official Ticketer
I'm not going to lie, there were some very low points when he was manager and some of his signings, team selections and tactics use to frustrate and baffle me.

However, he delivered two league titles, two Scottish Cups, three League Cups, got us to the last 16 of the CL and within a bawhair of the quarter finals. For all the lows, there were some great, great highs.

He is a complete gentleman who gave his all for our club and I wish him all the best.

He was too good a man for Scotland, and I say that as someone who still supports the national side (albeit through increasingly gritted teeth).
I think you would enjoy his stories on the podcast

Him and Alex Rae talking about Helicopter Sunday was amazing, like two pals in a restaurant chatting
Wee snippets of life behind the closed doors

Two top men

TQ3

Great news OP, I love the big man. He done a great job during the downsizing and still won trophies, and in the most dramatic way.
The glorious memories well outweigh the poor times.
As an aside, Scotland are only in with a sniff of qualifying for a major tournament because of the big man.

Notooshabby

It's good to hear that the big man is in good health.
When you put his time at Rangers into perspective, given the financial disadvantage he had, 2 League titles, 2 Scottish Cups, 3 League Cups, 2 doubles and a treble wasn't a bad return. I think we as fans possibly didn't realise the enormity of the task he faced.
As has been previously mentioned, he gave us some incredible days. Stay safe Big Eck.

caddy

Great to hear he's well. Never met him but never hear of anyone having a bad word against him - seems a class act. Looking forward to the pod.

kclarkhall

Sat next to him on a flight from Gatwick two weeks ago.

An absolute gentleman who was more than happy to talk about his time here, I was more than happy to listen!

RenfrewBear72

He gave me my best memories to date following Rangers and has earned his place in Rangers folklore. Still maintain that our treble winning season saw us play the best football I've ever watched us display.

Graeme692

My dad was good mate with Alex during his Time with Glasgow Utd. Has nothing but good things to say about the big man! Good to hear that he is in good health!

Blu_ultra

Mcleish bested Celtic's second greatest ever manager, made us a profit in the transfer market and qualified for the CL knockouts. Let that sink in for a minute.

tomster

Good to hear he's in good health. Best of away from the Scotland job as the abuse he got was terrible probably a lot of it to do with being a Rangers man.

imvaison

Good man our Alex, good Rangers man and a good player in the day.
Very pleasing to hear that all is well with him - excellent news at this difficult time.

okbear

Really glad to hear he is okay as TV interviews etc hinted otherwise.

Prior to Stevie G appointment, I felt he might be worth a gamble, but seeing the Scotland situation, I was miles wrong.

You can never take away helicopter Sunday and the lovenkrands final though. Thanks Eck, stay safe.