Alex Oxlade Chamberlain Out of World Cup

Sebo23

The lad doesn't have much luck. Stretchered off last night and has a serious knee injury that means he missed a potential Champions League final and another World Cup, after missing out on the last 1 as well.

Shame, the lad has started to look like a player again under Klopp & in a system that suits him.

That's a real sickener for the lad.

Cracking challenge as well. Milner went in with an identical challenge and just picked himself up and carried on.

His tackle reminded me a bit of Gazza's vs Notts Forest. Made contact with his knee instead of his foot.

Looked like cruciate to me

As soon as he went down last night I thought he'd done his cruciate. His knee twisted as he was stretching and you could see from his immediate reaction that he was in pain. Being cold and callous about the situation as a neutral observer, however, it was probably a lucky break for Liverpool on the night. As soon as Winjaldum came on they took control of the game.

As soon as he went down last night I thought he'd done his cruciate. His knee twisted as he was stretching and you could see from his immediate reaction that he was in pain. Being cold and callous about the situation as a neutral observer, however, it was probably a lucky break for Liverpool on the night. As soon as Winjaldum came on they took control of the game.
Yip, I said ACL as soon as he hit the deck

Been a different player since klopp signed him
Massive blow for him & maybe assures Wilshere of a place now

Who is Jesy?

In my day being called a big Jesy meant you were less than manly. (PC version of what I was going to write).

Yer a Big Jesy Nelson does imply your somewhere in between a woman a man and a munter

Classy statement from him

"Absolutely devastated to have picked up this injury at such a crucial time in the season. Gutted I won't be able to play any further part now in our Champions League run for Liverpool, and also the World Cup with England.

"But now it's all about supporting the boys and getting behind them. I know we have what it takes to do something special in this tournament. I'm going to give everything I have to make sure I'm back as quickly as possible.

"However, this all pales in comparison to how the family of the Liverpool fan badly hurt before last night's game must be feeling. My thoughts are with him and his loved ones. Thank you for all your kind words, messages and support. I'll see you soon. #YNWA."

Who said he was going to the World Cup anyways?? Wish him a speedy recovery.

Classy statement from him

"Absolutely devastated to have picked up this injury at such a crucial time in the season. Gutted I won't be able to play any further part now in our Champions League run for Liverpool, and also the World Cup with England.

"But now it's all about supporting the boys and getting behind them. I know we have what it takes to do something special in this tournament. I'm going to give everything I have to make sure I'm back as quickly as possible.

"However, this all pales in comparison to how the family of the Liverpool fan badly hurt before last night's game must be feeling. My thoughts are with him and his loved ones. Thank you for all your kind words, messages and support. I'll see you soon. #YNWA."

If he’s no going to be playing for a few months surely we could get him to write our statements instead of Traynor?

Just sayin’.

Feel for the lad. He has really has improved under Klopp in recent times.

Also a critical injury to Liverpool who with Lallana, Can and now the Ox out, really only have Wijnaldum, Henderson and Milner as fit midfielders.

ACL all day long with a good amount of meniscus gone aswell. Won't be the same player after that.

There's gonnae be a fair amount of players who will be lookin to stay clear of injury before Russia.

And not jeest England players.

Feel for the lad. He has really has improved under Klopp in recent times.

Also a critical injury to Liverpool who with Lallana, Can and now the Ox out, really only have Wijnaldum, Henderson and Milner as fit midfielders.

Huge blow as Ox had been playing really well, but i thought Wijnaldum came on the last night and was terrific.

Back