Alex Rae Claiming Major Investment Coming Into Rangers

Here is the audio, some filthy mentally challenged calling in about our finances then the Raegun drops the bombshell

29 mins in

What a surprise, a beggar on to impart his undoubted wisdom and financial know how on, erm, Rangers!

That’s fear right there.

If we do have investment coming in I would rather we focused on improving the infrastructure of the club as much as possible, we do not want to be massively increasing our costs without increasing our turnover.

We should focus on building our scouting, youth development, coaching and maybe even expanding the stadium. That is what will bring us long term success and stability

We have already made some fantastic signings for very little money that will eventually be sold at a huge profit. That is what our long term strategy has to be.

Here is the audio, some filthy mentally challenged calling in about our finances then the Raegun drops the bombshell

29 mins in

Just listened to that. To be fair Rae is brief in what he says, but fair enough. As for the caller, I can hear desperation in his voice, he’s wanting to be comforted by them by all agreeing that we will sell our top players in January, so he can kid himself that 10 is in the bag never mind 9! They are scared and so they should be!

There is now commercial sense for a new investor to come in. We are going in the right direction and we are very high profile especially with the fantastic manager we have.
we are out selling and out growing the stadium. Hopefully something special is happening and some sort of plan to increase capacity.

'fine'

For fucks sake, how condescending and ungrateful can you be toward guys that have ploughed millions into Rangers, and continue to do so? Dave King has already pledged another 15 million over the next 18 months.

But aye, they're only here to help pay the bills.

Horrific attitude.

Don’t waste your time.
He never ever misses a chance to go in two footed on the board

There is now commercial sense for a new investor to come in. We are going in the right direction and we are very high profile especially with the fantastic manager we have.
we are out selling and out growing the stadium. Hopefully something special is happening and some sort of plan to increase capacity.

We are hugely undervalued at the moment because our squad for the first time in years is rapidly increasing in value. It isnt out of the realms of possiblity that beetween Morelos & Barisic there is £50m in transfer fees to come in.

We are hugely undervalued at the moment because our squad for the first time in years is rapidly increasing in value. It isnt out of the realms of possiblity that beetween Morelos & Barisic there is £50m in transfer fees to come in.

A bit early in the morning to be on the drink, £50m:D

Technically he does, but he will not use it. And that's fine. It's his perogative.

But as he chooses not to, then the need for external investment becomes more important.
Dave King and his mates saved us. Our financial figures demonstrate the importance of operating in the long term on a sound financial basis. We are a fair way on the road to sustainability when Rangers board regain independent control of our kit deal and all other revenue streams for Rangers.

Alongside the establishment of a successful membership scheme and regular participation in elite European competition our club should be able to operate on a break even basis long term. Long may King remain in charge.

I hope Alex is right, that host was a smarmy prick with his reply too.
Gordon Duncan is a good host and is very fair to Rangers. Am I right in saying he said "well that's news to us"? If so, is he not correct? What was he meant to say? This forum should be taking what Rae said with a pinch of salt, we have heard these rumours before and they have turned out to be false.

After all rumours from 2012 like others I’m dubious and will wait to see a security reversing into the main doors with 50’s flying about in the wind lol.

IF any cash is coming I think it will be the fella from Hong Kong and maybe getting some of his cash out the country with all the protests maybe.

we are in a good place at the minute so would make good timing,either way I’m happy with King and T3B and trust the kings judgment and leadership.

He isnt just doing it in Scotland though. He is crushing the Europa League , he is a full scoring Colombian international.

Honestly, if the dhims can get £25m for a kid with dodgy hips, Alfie has to be worth £40m.
that’s not how it works.

we’re not getting 40m for Morelos unless we win the league and the europa

Not sure what to make of what Rae said.

There are certain gers connected people who would probably have heard and would have plastered it everywhere by now as one or two of them care more about ego than sitting tight on any sort of news the club would rather release at their own time of choosing through their own chosen channels.
Do you mean if its not on any Rangers related podcasts its untrue?

Alfie £40m
Borna £10m

Alfie will be £35m by end of the season if he keeps up his current goal ratio and he is only 23.
Borna coming into his prime and now a regular for croatia who are ranked 7th in the world (1631 pts) and only 20pts behind england. Show me another you could compare at that level for that kind of sum £10m. If a Celtic player Chris Sutton would be shouting £25m

He isnt just doing it in Scotland though. He is crushing the Europa League , he is a full scoring Colombian international.

Honestly, if the dhims can get £25m for a kid with dodgy hips, Alfie has to be worth £40m.
It doesn’t work that way though. Arsenal massively overpaid for him.

as much as I’d obviously love us to get that kind of cash I just can’t see it at all. If we get £30 million I’d be delighted.

Reactions: GF7

What he is worth and what we get unfortunately isn't the same thing. £20-25 million offer in the summer and he is unfortunately gone.

Unless of course we have a headcase about to pump in tens of millions into the club just because they are looking for a new hobby.

All depends what alex rae sees as major investment is it some guy whos coming from america or hong kong or wherever and ploughing in £50m or is it some guy putting in £5m only time will tell if it will happen

Not herd anything about this from a financial expert Celtic supporter so it can't be true

Gordon Duncan is a good host and is very fair to Rangers. Am I right in saying he said "well that's news to us"? If so, is he not correct? What was he meant to say? This forum should be taking what Rae said with a pinch of salt, we have heard these rumours before and they have turned out to be false.
He says to Alex Rae after Alex says it comes from someone high up at Ibrox "ok , if you say so" in an aye right dismissive tone. Lacked s bit of respect for Alex, that is my issue, not that he has heard it all before.
Yes weve been through this all before and in time we will see if Alex Rae is right or not.

Reactions: VMS
'fine'

For fucks sake, how condescending and ungrateful can you be toward guys that have ploughed millions into Rangers, and continue to do so? Dave King has already pledged another 15 million over the next 18 months.

But aye, they're only here to help pay the bills.

Horrific attitude.

Not to mention Dave King facing a threat of Jail time.

I so hate the fact we downplay our players' values. Only today you've got Sutton saying griffith is worth 20M.
What other SPL player would get anywhere near the Croatia and Columbia first team?!?
If some club offered 1 million for Griffiths surely he would be out the door in a flash?

Dave King's 10 point plan IMO :

1. Save Rangers.
2. Come in and establish exact situation within club
3. Put a structure in place
4. Regain financial stability
5. Progress on the park
6. Establish sustainable financial model the short to medium term
7. Position the club as an attractive option to external investors
8. Engage with interested parties
9.Gain solid investment into the club
10. Step aside, knowing that the club has a firm and strong investment environment on and off the pitch.

Job done.

Feels like we are at about point 7 or 8. I'd expect King to probably step aside within the next 12 months.

Back