Alex Rae Claiming Major Investment Coming Into Rangers

He said this on Clyde earlier, major investment coming into Rangers in the new year from a new investor.

Apparently from his source at Rangers.

what if this was something the club wanted to announce and he has let the cat out the bag

Dave King's 10 point plan IMO :

1. Save Rangers.
2. Come in and establish exact situation within club
3. Put a structure in place
4. Regain financial stability
5. Progress on the park
6. Establish sustainable financial model the short to medium term
7. Position the club as an attractive option to external investors
8. Engage with interested parties
9.Gain solid investment into the club
10. Step aside, knowing that the club has a firm and strong investment environment on and off the pitch.

Job done.

Feels like we are at about point 7 or 8. I'd expect King to probably step aside within the next 12 months.
He's well on the way to achieving his dream of a safe, secure and successful Rangers. But Ive got a feeling he'd like to be here for our 150yr anniversary :)

Dave King's 10 point plan IMO :

1. Save Rangers.
2. Come in and establish exact situation within club
3. Put a structure in place
4. Regain financial stability
5. Progress on the park
6. Establish sustainable financial model the short to medium term
7. Position the club as an attractive option to external investors
8. Engage with interested parties
9.Gain solid investment into the club
10. Step aside, knowing that the club has a firm and strong investment environment on and off the pitch.

Job done.

Feels like we are at about point 7 or 8. I'd expect King to probably step aside within the next 12 months.

Think youve skipped point 6 bud, we’re not there yet!

I so hate the fact we downplay our players' values. Only today you've got Sutton saying griffith is worth 20M.
What other SPL player would get anywhere near the Croatia and Columbia first team?!?

Our players do get undervalued in the media but to think we’d get £50m for Morelos and Barisic is stupidity.

If some club offered 1 million for Griffiths surely he would be out the door in a flash?

I reckon so. He conveniently signed a bumper new contract not long before his 'problems' started, so he'll be a massive drain in wages to them for no return.

Gordon Duncan is a good host and is very fair to Rangers. Am I right in saying he said "well that's news to us"? If so, is he not correct? What was he meant to say? This forum should be taking what Rae said with a pinch of salt, we have heard these rumours before and they have turned out to be false.
Haven't listened to it but I agree

Gordon Duncan does try to remain fair and not take sides and pushes / questions everything. Not to say he's 100% perfect, noone is( especially in this city where everyone is rangers or Celtic), but in general speaking I do think he is fair and tries his best

Can't say the same about his co hosts unfortunately

Gordon Duncan does try to remain fair and not take sides and pushes / questions everything. Not to say he's 100% perfect, noone is( especially in this city where everyone is rangers or Celtic), but in general speaking I do think he is fair and tries his best

It's what he says after it and the tone he uses towards Alex Rae.

Given how much King and the Three Bears have invested, I can’t see them walking away at the first sign of someone waving cash around.

It doesn’t work that way though. Arsenal massively overpaid for him.

as much as I’d obviously love us to get that kind of cash I just can’t see it at all. If we get £30 million I’d be delighted.
I haven't seen one bit of proof that Arsenal paid the alleged money for the scum player.

Gordon is a big Motherwell fan.

He was 19, a part time bin man, lived in England and didn't even have a bank account. I'm guessing he couldn't afford to travel up for games.

We have 50,000 seats at Ibrox but we have a lot more supporters than that.

I know at least 30-40 total staunch Rangers men who never go to games,
I’m sure we all do.

Here's wat I saw on twitter. Dunno if it's true or not.

"This AGM. Dave King likely to be stepping aside and at last. News from Rangers about big investment.

I’ve said all along this would happen (I told you all about the Hong Kong lad a year before it happened"

now that our club is debt free, we’re competing at home and in Europe and has high value players it’s only natural investors are interested.

We Directors who have invested millions of their own cash and an iconic manager.

We have an incredible support who have backed the club with huge ticket sales season after season.

New investment will come....

We're on the verge of reaching the Champions League, while still operating on a shoestring compared to other top Euro sides. Probably as good value as a football investment gets right now

In his previous term, yes. But he is being more cautious and prudent this time around. I get that.

I am not criticising him. He has done well for us. But in terms of investment of he is not going to provide it then it would be time for others to come on board with their cash.

“He has done well for us”

Honestly? He saved us FFS.

You don’t like King.We get it

We're on the verge of reaching the Champions League, while still operating on a shoestring compared to other top Euro sides. Probably as good value as a football investment gets right now

We've a way to go yet to reach the Champions League mate. CL proper that is, not just qualifiers. We are also, even with the Europa League money coming in, running at a loss. King has already said there's a circa £10m shortfall this season.

Don't get me wrong, we are in a much, much better place and could be on the verge of a real breakthrough and a return to glory. We're not there yet. Lose two or 3 games in December and it all turns to ratshit again. Huge pressure.

We remain a gamble for any investor - as is any football club. If we hit the jackpot with CL group stages for example, all that happens is the fans demand we spend even more in order to sustain it. Not many people at the level we operate make big bucks out of football clubs.

I haven't seen one bit of proof that Arsenal paid the alleged money for the scum player.

We persist in peddling this idea that they aren't receiving the fees reported. There might be an element of truth in it for lower order fees that are reported as 'undisclosed', however, once you get into these 'megafees' at £20m+ then it is such a huge part of the Dhims accounts that it is generally reflected not only in their accounts but in announcements to the Stock Exchange. They are not going to get away with lying at that level of disclosure.

We've a way to go yet to reach the Champions League mate. CL proper that is, not just qualifiers. We are also, even with the Europa League money coming in, running at a loss. King has already said there's a circa £10m shortfall this season.

Don't get me wrong, we are in a much, much better place and could be on the verge of a real breakthrough and a return to glory. We're not there yet. Lose two or 3 games in December and it all turns to ratshit again. Huge pressure.

We remain a gamble for any investor - as is any football club. If we hit the jackpot with CL group stages for example, all that happens is the fans demand we spend even more in order to sustain it. Not many people at the level we operate make big bucks out of football clubs.

We have been running at a loss but also building up a squad where we have several players which any one of we could sell and be in profit or break even for the year. Now we have the squad to do this I am guessing that is how we will operate from this summer onwards.

We have been running at a loss but also building up a squad where we have several players which any one of we could sell and be in profit or break even for the year. Now we have the squad to do this I am guessing that is how we will operate from this summer onwards.

Yes, it's how we will operate. It will work handsomely with Morelos, who will undoubtedly move on for £20+ and take us, temporarily, into profit. We will be very fortunate to ever see such a massive profit on a player again. He is both exceptional and the exception.

A more realistic measure would be, for example, Kamara. Let's say we get £6m for him. Again, a huge profit. What happens then? We won't replace him with another £50k player, the fans will 'demand' we go out and spend circa £3m on his replacement. So your profit shrinks accordingly. Chips away at the losses but it doesn't eradicate them altogether. Its been a long, long time since Rangers ran at a profit for 2 years in a row.

Yes, it's how we will operate. It will work handsomely with Morelos, who will undoubtedly move on for £20+ and take us, temporarily, into profit. We will be very fortunate to ever see such a massive profit on a player again. He is both exceptional and the exception.

A more realistic measure would be, for example, Kamara. Let's say we get £6m for him. Again, a huge profit. What happens then? We won't replace him with another £50k player, the fans will 'demand' we go out and spend circa £3m on his replacement. So your profit shrinks accordingly. Chips away at the losses but it doesn't eradicate them altogether. Its been a long, long time since Rangers ran at a profit for 2 years in a row.
You’re kidding yourself if you think Rangers will never sell a player for £20m + after Morelos. Good scouting is what you need

We persist in peddling this idea that they aren't receiving the fees reported. There might be an element of truth in it for lower order fees that are reported as 'undisclosed', however, once you get into these 'megafees' at £20m+ then it is such a huge part of the Dhims accounts that it is generally reflected not only in their accounts but in announcements to the Stock Exchange. They are not going to get away with lying at that level of disclosure.

Fair enough VB. They've got away with lying about things more important than money.

Taken from Rangers News page on Facebook:

Those of you that have been on the page with me from the start will know I’ve ALWAYS said money isn’t a problem and never has been.

The problem was/is Mike Ashley and his legal stuff.

Keep in mind I told you about the first Hong Kong investment a year (or more) before it happened. The new money is from Hong Kong also, not the same lads but they are friends with him. I think it’s safe to Julian Woldhardt who already has shares in Rangers. There may be others involved, I don’t know for sure though.

I did say a year ago we were about to get investment from the same person(s) that are about to invest but Ashley got in the way.

The news about Dave King stepping aside is new though. It was kind of a surprise, but when you think about it it’s not. He said he would stay as Chairman till things were stable, I guess he feels what’s in place means he feels comfortable in stepping aside. That is a big deal when you think about it.
From what I’ve been told, and the source it came from means you can take it to the bank, is he will step down as Chairman but still be “involved”. What that “involved” means I don’t know but my gut feeling is he’ll be around for years as at the end of the day, first and foremost he’s a die hard Rangers fan. I do not know who the new Chairman will be.

His tenure has had its ups and downs but his up have far outweighed his downs. I’m so glad he was there during the dark days as if he wasn’t, well I hate to think.

Also. There are other expat Rangers fans with money that have always been sitting on the sidelines that could have given Rangers a fiver or millions in a heartbeat, specifically the guy in New York that some will know about. He is meant to be extremely wealthy though medicine. Don’t quote me on that though.

Why do you think Gerrard signed, he was given cast iron assurances and he himself was shown proof this was going g to happen. The real tell tale for me was when we signed Kent in the summer. Rangers spending £7M (I know it’s paid in instalments) said to me that this investment period was on the horizon as Liverpool and their lawyers and all involved would have to be have shown “proof of funds” or how ever you want to say it.

So we are the crest of another interesting period for Rangers.

Feels good eh.

Those of you that have been on the page with me from the start will know I’ve ALWAYS said money isn’t a problem and never has been.

Keep in mind I told you about the first Hong Kong investment a year (or more) before it happened. The new money is from Hong Kong also, not the same lads but they are friends with him. I think it’s safe to Julian Woldhardt who already has shares in Rangers. There may be others involved, I don’t know for sure though.

I did say a year ago we were about to get investment from the same person(s) that are about to invest but Ashley got in the way.

The news about Dave King stepping aside is new though. It was kind of a surprise, but when you think about it it’s not. He said he would stay as Chairman till things were stable, I guess he feels what’s in place means he feels comfortable in stepping aside. That is a big deal when you think about it.
From what I’ve been told, and the source it came from means you can take it to the bank, is he will step down as Chairman but still be “involved”. What that “involved” means I don’t know but my gut feeling is he’ll be around for years as at the end of the day, first and foremost he’s a die hard Rangers fan. I do not know who the new Chairman will be.

His tenure has had its ups and downs but his up have far outweighed his downs. I’m so glad he was there during the dark days as if he wasn’t, well I hate to think.

Also. There are other expat Rangers fans with money that have always been sitting on the sidelines that could have given Rangers a fiver or millions in a heartbeat, specifically the guy in New York that some will know about. He is meant to be extremely wealthy though medicine. Don’t quote me on that though.

Why do you think Gerrard signed, he was given cast iron assurances and he himself was shown proof this was going g to happen. The real tell tale for me was when we signed Kent in the summer. Rangers spending £7M (I know it’s paid in instalments) said to me that this investment period was on the horizon as Liverpool and their lawyers and all involved would have to be have shown “proof of funds” or how ever you want to say it.

Feels good eh.
Lots of well educated guesses in that.

I would say we have more players than Kamara in that will make us money.

We have also been spending £8-10m bringing in 15-20 players each season. As our squad becomes more settled we will not need a big a turnover of players and can focus on quality instead of quantity.

We could spend £3m on replacements no problem. Might even get a higher fee when selling them.

You've misunderstood. We may, and probably will, but its about the profit. We will go a long, long way to show a £19m+ profit on anybody. Different thing entirely getting £20m for someone you paid £10m for.
Apologies if I’ve misunderstood. The mentally challengeds spent £10m on Edouard to replace Dembele and will sell Edouard for £25-30m. That’s what we need to do

It's a wise statement to make from Rae. Chances are in our position there will be investment in the club. Whether that is a significant sum which would change the direction of the club, or a contribution to maintain the current direction remains to be seen.

He probably has no knowledge of who or what but remains vague enough where it could turn out to be accurate. It also shuts down the nonsense clutching by mentally challengeds on that phone in desperate to talk about and fabricate scenarios regarding our finances.

Feels good eh.
Who’s the guy from new york?

Hate to say it, but they have shown you can run a big Scottish club in the black, providing you get into the CL.
Unfortunately that looks like it is going to get harder and harder, regardless of the co-efficient boost.
So how would an investor recoup their money? A sell-on down the line?

Apologies if I’ve misunderstood. The mentally challengeds spent £10m on Edouard to replace Dembele and will sell Edouard for £25-30m. That’s what we need to do
I think if you are going to spend that much on a player in Scotland you need Champions league qualification to make it sufficiently profitable. His wage will be very high, PSG I imagine will have a sell on clause and any fee will likely be in instalments.

What they did with Demeble is what we need to do. A minimal or development fee from another League which you then sell for a big profit in addition to a future sell on. You might only get a year or two out of them and have to offer a higher wage to get get them to come here, but that has to be the business model. Ajax were paying their youngsters a higher wage to get them to stay, had a cracking run in champions league and were getting astronomical fees as a result.

We currently have at least 3 in that bracket - Aribo, Kamara and Morelos - all now young internationalists and worth significantly more than what they cost to get them here. In addition bring in youth players like we have been doing such as Balde in the aim to feed them into the 1st team.

I hope this rumour about big investment is true

Would be magic for the club and supporters and really help us compete against Nonce FC

The scums wage bill compared to ours allows them to attract good players

We have Stevie G and he helps us secure players but it would be good if we could have a similar wage budget and help us into CL proper if we can win the league

Dave King and the other investors have been superb and we should all appreciate what they have done for the club by removing the Spivs

We just need to get Ashley to phuck and get our retail deal sorted out ASAP. That’s one big mistake this board have made re Ashley and hopefully we can get him away from the club forever

AGM should be interesting if this is accurate

Are they still taking calls from tims wanting to talk about our finances?

Desperate stuff.

As for investment, I'm sure there is some coming. It won't likely be as "major" as people hope/think but a necessary boost.
Thought they said it was only on field stuff they would discuss?

Has Michael Carroll won another jackpot?
Gordon Duncan is a good host and is very fair to Rangers. Am I right in saying he said "well that's news to us"? If so, is he not correct? What was he meant to say? This forum should be taking what Rae said with a pinch of salt, we have heard these rumours before and they have turned out to be false.
He said if you say so!

He said if you say so!
i think sometimes you have to remember they are reacting live to discussions. the host is not bitter and is pretty fair. i wouldn't be surprised if it was a load of shite anyway, so in that case "if you say so" isn't too bad a response.

Back