Alex Rae - deal for a striker done

You heard any names pal ?
Yes mate a few. Said a few weeks back one of our main targets have been named already in the transfer thread. Our CM target(s) isn’t/ aren’t from this continent. Again, wouldn’t take it away from the club but those who have followed the transfer thread will know who it is.

Yes mate a few. Said a few weeks back one of our main targets have been named already in the transfer thread. Our CM target(s) isn’t/ aren’t from this continent. Again, wouldn’t take it away from the club but those who have followed the transfer thread will know who it is.
Has that Swiss boy been mentioned? You happy with the names you’ve heard mate ?

Can back you up on this. Recall you saying the stuff about targets. Any idea if we are looking at one more midfielder once Zungu is done and do we hold any interest in signing a RW?

Not ITK. Don’t claim to be. Have a mate who works with the first team daily. Got passed info, was given info on Mebude, Alfie and some targets, bits here and there. All seem to be correct so far. I’ve always said i’ll never take anything away from the club with regards to announcements so will leave it down to club to announce anything but what I’ve been told leads me to believe we are in a very good place. As always with FF - it’s take it or leave it - Everyone is an adult and can choose to believe.
Is one of the names Curtis Main?

Roofe possibly and Zungu for sure .

Can back you up on this. Recall you saying the stuff about targets. Any idea if we are looking at one more midfielder once Zungu is done and do we hold any interest in signing a RW?
No idea. I know the staff are actively looking for a Fabinho type CM who we have been in talks with for a few weeks. Beyond that i’m clueless.
Management know what we need, squad knows what we want and the board are prepared to deliver it.

i’ve also had a few beers so i’ll be logging off for my own good now:))

Croatian paper still saying Maric still on his way to Ibrox. And we the fans are mad for it, can't wait for it to happen and he's the most googled player in Scotland. So there you go.
Just to let you know I'm sitting with my Croatian pal and he's reading it right off the paper to me. The paper even shows Maric out side the chip shop lol.

Hope so plus Roofe especially if Alfredo moves on

No idea. I know the staff are actively looking for a Fabinho type CM who we have been in talks with for a few weeks. Beyond that i’m clueless.
Management know what we need, squad knows what we want and the board are prepared to deliver it.
I
Tremendous news

thanks for the info mate. As said previously I’m curious if these 2 signings would of happened even if Morelos was staying? And any further signings are dependent on Morelos leaving, on which we will spend a decent fee

thanks for the info mate. As said previously I’m curious if these 2 signings would of happened even if Morelos was staying? And any further signings are dependent on Morelos leaving, on which we will spend a decent fee
No signing relies on Alfie going except replacement Striker. Wouldn’t be surprised to see us bring in 2 forwards :cool:Expect this to be the party line from the club too. Obviously Alfie cssh gives us a boost but we are prepared regardless. Again we are in a good place

No signing relies on Alfie going except replacement Striker. Wouldn’t be surprised to see us bring in 2 forwards :cool:Expect this to be the party line from the club too. Obviously Alfie cssh gives us a boost but we are prepared regardless. Again we are in a good place

Good to hear!

Because he has been told a deal is done?
You’re missing my point bud. The club have been very tight on that sort of info. I’m not sure there was much point in him saying it if it was a repeat of what SG has said. Especially if Rae isn’t going to be questioned further on it.

On the flip side if he’s trying to take what SG said further before the club mention it, I’m not sure they’d be too happy. Unless of course he has a club source (wouldn’t be any surprise) and they’ve said it’s ok to mention.

Rae is saying a deal for a striker is done. He didn't expand and he wasn't asked a single question by anyone to get more detail. On a football program that was odd.
That’s because the only question these half wits have written down is “ where’s the money coming from?” Predictable as it is pathetic

From what you know mate do our management team consider zungu to be the fabinho type player we have searching for?

what what little i know of this boy he doesnt seem to be that style of player to me?

From what you know mate do our management team consider zungu to be the fabinho type player we have searching for?

what what little i know of this boy he doesnt seem to be that style of player to me?
Don’t know much about the player to be honest. All i know is we have a blueprint for the starting 11. The planning gone into building it is meticulous. Once its assembled i’m confident we’ll be happy. Much like the Liverpool project.

what I will say is - with Wilson - this squad will go beyond SG. We are managed like a top football club now and once one part of the puzzle goes we have lists as long as your arm to replace any part of it. As far as i’m concerned we are a completely different team as a whole than we were 12 months ago

Last edited:

Brilliant, I didn’t think Liverpool would sell him but he’ll be a great signing up here!!

cheers for the info.

Don’t know much about the player to be honest. All i know is we have a blueprint for the starting 11. The planning gone into building it is meticulous. Once its assembled i’m confident we’ll be happy. Much like the Liverpool project.

what I will say is - with Wilson - this squad will go beyond SG. We are managed like a top football club now and once one part of the puzzle goes we have lists as long as your arm to replace any part of it. As far as i’m concerned we are a completely different team as a whole than we were 12 months ago

hope your right mate, all sounds very positive, exciting times ahead.

so glad we won the 3 points today, huge.

Exactly the model Southampton have worked to for years. No more rip it up and start again, everything feels fresh and positive again on & off the pitch

Because Maja used to play before Sunderland. He'll still have friends in and around the Sunderland team who he'll speak to.
If Alex knows something, then i don't think its Maja.

Highly unlikely that any team would risk a player that's signed or just about to sign for another team in a friendly.

Maja started for Bordeaux today in a 4-2 defeat.

Latest posts

Back