Alex Rae - deal for a striker done

Anderlecht played a friendly today and he was left out with a "slight knock'. You could read different things into that

Roofe was posting training pics on his Instagram yesterday and he looked 8n good nick
Like Cuellar's slight knock, or Hutton's?

Not got a clue if we are even getting a new player never mind Roofe, but clubs do that sometimes.

Fair enough. Guy on the Andre Gray thread claims deal been agreed for him but reliant on Morelos leaving. If Morelos goes and we bring in Gray and Roofe that would be good business imo
WATP and this chap should check their sources with each other, perhaps they are both ITK and we are signing both! Happy days, i'm not so sure though

You're right, it was.

He took some stick that day and then the pictures started appearing.
Just started posting again too.

Think he stopped posting after the grief he took after the Jamie Walker deal didn't happen and he said it was going to.

Shame decent posters are put off of posting by the mob.

Gonna say it. I think Alex Rae is an attention seeker. I'm doubtful he gets that much (if any) info from the club, but he always comes out with daft wee snippets like this to make it appear as if he does.

I think Alfie’s is a done deal but we won’t let him go until after Thursday. Also, we don’t want to announce we have 18-20m to spend. So deals will be getting put in place for others at the moment. Just my opinion.,

Thursdays game in the main is a glorified bounce game. Ideally we want this sorted ASAP so we can sort out the squad for the new Euro campaign also

I think Alfie’s is a done deal but we won’t let him go until after Thursday. Also, we don’t want to announce we have 18-20m to spend. So deals will be getting put in place for others at the moment. Just my opinion.,
Actually could be correct with that, it will be extremely hard enough as it is but without Alfie there is zero chance of getting through.

Alex Rae came out with the thing about massive investment that never materialised. Just need to wait and see suppose.

Actually could be correct with that, it will be extremely hard enough as it is but without Alfie there is zero chance of getting through.

The manager's demeanor when his name was mentioned in the Sky interview, could possibly indicate ...something... is afoot?

If so, it's a hell of a gamble playing him today and now especially on Thursday.
I would suggest possibly 15-20 million reasons why he shouldn't?

For those people that keep saying that Rae was wrong on the investment. This is from a Q and A with Park that was posted everywhere including the club website.

Not saying Rae necessarily knows anything about a striker

Q How close were you to fresh investment from Stuart Gibson before the pandemic struck? Will it still be in place when football returns?

A All of the potential new investors are fully engaged and we will make an announcement in coming months.

You mean the investment put on hold due to covid19.
For those people that keep saying that Rae was wrong on the investment. This is from a Q and A with Park that was posted everywhere including the club website.

Not saying Rae necessarily knows anything about a striker

Q How close were you to fresh investment from Stuart Gibson before the pandemic struck? Will it still be in place when football returns?

A All of the potential new investors are fully engaged and we will make an announcement in coming months.
He was correct about that though, not his fault the Corona arrived!
Ok I stand corrected I must have missed this. May have been mixed but if thought the claim was ages ago something was to be done immediately after new year.

Alex is a good Rangers man and he does get good info. I wish we would stop criticising good Rangers men who put themselves out there in the media.

Not going to comment on the info but your post is spot on. Keep seeing threads about ex players, and it’s no wonder they don’t back us up with the stick some of them take.

That’s true. I suppose I’m what the youngsters call a “ Rangers dad“ and think players should be proud to wear our jersey . Old fashioned I admit .
TBH someone like Taylor who won't have anywhere near enough money out of football for life you can understand at 30 looking for everything he can get. This is his pension move. Was told he was fine with the weekly wage on offer but signing on fee didn't match what he was looking for.

if we sign Roofe, all well and good - my own concerns are about his reported injury history but that’s only anecdotal as I’m too lazy to have actually done any research myself! But the clips (and I know that’s all they are) of Itten look decent. Good stature, seems to be quick, not scared of hitting through the ball. Different types of goals, left, right, head. And he’s young enough to improve and sell on. Yes please!

TBH someone like Taylor who won't have anywhere near enough money out of football for life you can understand at 30 looking for everything he can get. This is his pension move. Was told he was fine with the weekly wage on offer but signing on fee didn't match what he was looking for.

I bet he is still better off than 99% of us who have season tickets . It’s all relative and of course I understand that’s just life these days money is god . Players these days expect to retire at 34 and live another 40 years and never work a Monday .

Its the most Likely outcome as I am pretty sure we have him top of our list and have spoken to Anderlecht but I agree the poster is at it and making an educated guess.
No guess as of last night that was the way it sits .
We cant spend the money needed for him unless Alfredo goes.
Thanks for the lovely welcome .

No guess as of last night that was the way it sits .
We cant spend the money needed for him unless Alfredo goes.
Thanks for the lovely welcome .

It’s hardly earth shattering info is it we have been chasing him for 12 months.

Welcome on board but until you pluck something out of thin Air that becomes true no one is taking your word for anything.

I have no issues with this - he’s at the stage in his career where he needs a big deal!

From our perspective, it’s better the deal fell through

Alex Rae is a good Rangers man who ran through brick walls for us,he will still have his sources i would imagine.

Back