Alex Rae - deal for a striker done

What we need is two strikers . One an out and out poacher type, the other in the Morelos mould. Easier said than done
What need is an experienced forward; our strikers are young and as the game went on against Aberdeen they lost their way at times and stopped playing as a unit. The talent is there, but add the experience of someone like Roofe and AN Other and we could be a lot better.

TBH someone like Taylor who won't have anywhere near enough money out of football for life you can understand at 30 looking for everything he can get. This is his pension move. Was told he was fine with the weekly wage on offer but signing on fee didn't match what he was looking for.

Did you get all this when you were round Ross Wilson’s house for tea with the gaffer ,

We were never in for Taylor as he’s no where near the required level, Journeyman striker who played for Falkirk and Thistle as well as the lower leagues in England.

Just started posting again too.

Think he stopped posting after the grief he took after the Jamie Walker deal didn't happen and he said it was going to.

Shame decent posters are put off of posting by the mob.

Agreed, when someone posts something accurate they are ridiculed until it happens and then praised then if anything they ever say again isn’t confirmed the next day they are ripped again.

no wonder so many just don’t bother anymore. At times some of the abuse Four lads or Cwood took was ludicrous.... and now we don’t get anything.

Cedric Itten looks to have had a very good season in 19/20, with 20 goals in 36 appearances. Season before disrupted by a medial crucial ligament injury.

Never seen him play (await the highlights reel) but he’s an interesting prospect.
Where is this link coming from bud?

Where is this link coming from bud?

Appeared out the blue earlier in this thread (just before 1700hrs yesterday) - but not from a known ITK - and then hit the usual social media sites and spread like wildfire. I know as little about the player or any potential deal as anybody else. The stats I posted come from Transfermarkt.

Not if they provide a source that’s confirmed by admin.
So that would mean admin of the site know all links and contacts?

I knew about Barton coming weeks before it hit the press because my uncle arrange a golf game at Loch Lomond for him. I was told not to mention it.

I guess that would’ve been ridiculed even though I knew for a fact he was signing.

I knew about Barton coming weeks before it hit the press because my uncle arrange a golf game at Loch Lomond for him. I was told not to mention it.

I guess that would’ve been ridiculed even though I knew for a fact he was signing.

Ridicule is nothing to be scared of.

No of course it’s doesn’t, but that’s not what you asked.
Its a forum and effectively anyone can post what they want, whether other posters choose to believe it or not is up to them. But for a new poster with exclusive transfer info to be taken seriously some sort of source would be helpful. Otherwise they will just be ridiculed as we have seen and has been proven many times over the years, rightly or wrongly.

[QdUOTE="SuperGers07, post: 6580903, member: 49"]
Thursdays game in the main is a glorified bounce game. Ideally we want this sorted ASAP so we can sort out the squad for the new Euro campaign also
[/QUOTE]
Of course we all want it sorted ASAP, but Gerard is not treating Thursday as a ‘bounce game’
Yep.

I wouldn’t be against putting out a 2nd string team tbh.

He didn’t say it was minutes away though, and he was right there was/is investment coming, Douglas Park even confirmed it.

And a pandemic has probably put that on hold as it continues to %^*& the entire world over.

I've been reading articles on Roofe. He injured his ankle a few summers ago and not been the same since. Cracking player, I'm not sure we can gamble on him though given his fitness issues?

Why do former players in the media get so much abuse on here?
It's always the ones who are Scottish and bears who you would expect the mentally challengeds to hate that get the most abuse.

Why do former players in the media get so much abuse on here?
It's always the ones who are Scottish and bears who you would expect the mentally challengeds to hate that get the most abuse.
Probably due to the fact that majority of them constantly talk down our players.

Hearing that Roofe is off because of a problem at his medical.
You said this yesterday “No guess as of last night that was the way it sits .
We cant spend the money needed for him unless Alfredo goes.
Thanks for the lovely welcome .” Him being Roofe btw.

Either we’ve made significant process with Lille and the Morelos deal is when not if he will sign for them and the striker we have lined up when he goes is getting finalised or you are telling lies. I think I will go with the latter

You said this yesterday “No guess as of last night that was the way it sits .
We cant spend the money needed for him unless Alfredo goes.
Thanks for the lovely welcome .” Him being Roofe btw.

Either we’ve made significant process with Lille and the Morelos deal is when not if he will sign for them and the striker we have lined up when he goes is getting finalised or you are telling lies. I think I will go with the latter

Hes talking a lot of pish, he knows nothing.

I think Alfie’s is a done deal but we won’t let him go until after Thursday. Also, we don’t want to announce we have 18-20m to spend. So deals will be getting put in place for others at the moment. Just my opinion.,
If Lille have agreed a big fee for Morelos do you really think they would allow us to playbhin a couple of more times first?
Risking injury.

No pal you were told last night.
Passing on what i was just told i forgot i dont have enough post
Tbf you told us all last night it was a done deal, completed, but only once Alfie leaves. Now your saying that’s not the case.

Tbf you told us all last night it was a done deal, completed, but only once Alfie leaves. Now your saying that’s not the case.
Im saying that there was a problem with the medical you do realise that after the fee is agreed the player then has one right?

Back