Alex Rae interview - July 2004

If anyone wants the full issue of the paper version the Rangers News it is in - complete with Bill McMurdo interview - PM me a note of your address. First Pm secures.

Recall McLeish saying at the time that he first became alerted to the possibility of signing Rae after watching a feature on Football Focus during which Rae stayed that he was a Rangers fan.

I’d like to think our recruitment methods are a bit more sophisticated nowadays

Recall McLeish saying at the time that he first became alerted to the possibility of signing Rae after watching a feature on Football Focus during which Rae stayed that he was a Rangers fan.

I’d like to think our recruitment methods are a bit more sophisticated nowadays

I wouldn't bet on it. Often players are brought to the attention of the club by agents in a rather random way.

That summer was great. We had been weak versus Celtic the season before and we beefed up with Rae, Prso, Boumsong and the likes.

Random, my Granda had his photo taken with him while still at Wolves and he told him he'd had to prepare to have "A Rae" on his back next season and Alex said "aye, I didn't think about that" as Gavin was still here.

My Granda loves stories like that. lol

Back