Alex Thomson Ch4 - Investigating Celtic Boys Club

The SFA are in full-fledged panic mode now. The problem for them is that this is now out there, nationwide, and while their broom might reach into Scotland's dark little corners, they have no power beyond it.

If this gets a cross-border enquiry they are well and truly done forever more.

@bbcmarkdaly led on investigating the abuse in the past, revisiting it in 2017. https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/ne...club-jim-torbett-tracked-california-sex-abuse

I find it astonishing that Daly has neither tweeted nor commented on this latest investigation. In fact i find it astonishing that Daly himself did not spearhead further investigations given all of the evifance and charges that have come to light over the past couple of years.

Ive tried to contact Daly several tines to ask why he did not pursue this after he confronted Torbett in the US as part of a documentary.

He's either chosen to leace well alone on his account or hes been told to leave well alone.

I see that he did respond to such a question on twitter 3 days ago with a completely pithy response.

I would urge any bears to ask the same of Daly.given his once aggressive pursuit of Celtic/Torbett.

@bbcmarkdaly

The SFA have always been a complete mess and a massive disgrace. However, the more I think about their statement they are just beyond disgusting and do need to be taken to task. I am assuming they are just shitting it from the fall out of their backing and enabling Celtic's cover-up but to issue that statement is staggering.

One thing it does appear to confirm though. Celtic and SFA are essentially the exact same thing. The only reason this could have come out and now would be because they're the same people delivering the advice for the statements. That in itself should be investigated above the SFA.

Time they were taken out of the equation on this subject as they clearly cannot be trusted. I doubt they've even started any investigation and will now have to hash bash some utter nonsense together to pretend they have.
Mcginn as sfa president must be involved innthe cover up

Worst thing is it's not even an SFA statement read the bit down the bottom. No idea why they are releasing this propaganda when they are too scared to but their name to it. The whole thing stinks.

The Scottish FA also wishes to clarify that Martin was speaking in his independent capacity and that personal views expressed are not in the scope of the Review’s Terms of Reference, nor are they endorsed by the Scottish FA.
It's not even an sfa statement, these fuxkers need brought to task

@bbcmarkdaly led on investigating the abuse in the past, revisiting it in 2017. https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/ne...club-jim-torbett-tracked-california-sex-abuse

I find it astonishing that Daly has neither tweeted nor commented on this latest investigation. In fact i find it astonishing that Daly himself did not spearhead further investigations given all of the evifance and charges that have come to light over the past couple of years.

Ive tried to contact Daly several tines to ask why he did not pursue this after he confronted Torbett in the US as part of a documentary.

He's either chosen to leace well alone on his account or hes been told to leave well alone.

I see that he did respond to such a question on twitter 3 days ago with a completely pithy response.

I would urge any bears to ask the same of Daly.given his once aggressive pursuit of Celtic/Torbett.

@bbcmarkdaly
I expect a significant enough number of threats and general intimidation is enough to put anyone off pursuing a story.
He probably fears for his personal safety.

That was a horrific video to watch. Listening to the lack of remorse from the convicted paedophile was shocking.

Just watched the second part and how anyone could believe that Celtic Boy's club wasn’t part of the Celtic brand is beyond me. For once Thomson’s has done his homework and stuck the knife into Celtic and not tried to drag us into their mess.

I hope they are ruined in the courts and become a distant stain on our memories.

The separate entity defence has just been rubbished.
And the law explained nicely to encourage the club to be sued.

This is costing them millions.

One thing missing though, is the fact their manager, board and some players knew the abuse happened. Will anyone ever mention that?
A deeper investigation further down the line will eventually bring it all out in the open that their current manager would have either been abused or been very close to it. Their chief executive will have had intimate knowledge of it, and some board members currently will have had knowledge.
right now, and quite rightly so, celtic are coming away from this looking very badly.
no amount of preening and fancy worded statements can direct and criticism away from that.
their reputation will be lying in tatters very very soon, if not now.

The SFA already floated an idea of a fund, paid for by all Scottish clubs, to pay out compensation. Yet another idea to protect Celtic.
They threw us to the wolves, yet everyone is to be held liable for their crimes

Then they release the "independent" statement before the SFA, it's clear who's running the circus. In the meantime, what are the other clubs doing?

A starter is what that news report was hopefully, a club that covered up abuse and distances itself from accountability should be exposed. Sadly the football authorities have made their position clear is to not to punish the cover up.
This will be taken further, even if it means getting justice from further afield. The crossborder sex trafficking of boys is the silver bullet that will do for the Paedophile enablers at Celtic.

The SFA are in full-fledged panic mode now. The problem for them is that this is now out there, nationwide, and while their broom might reach into Scotland's dark little corners, they have no power beyond it.

If this gets a cross-border enquiry they are well and truly done forever more.
It sounds like the guy conducting inquiry has done his job properly but the people who commissioned him to do it didn’t want the job done properly.
Therefore, they’re trying to distance himself from it.
They are about to pay the penalty big-time.

Good luck with that, they will be worshipping at its feet as I type.
With all the peado vigilante groups about you'd think they'd take action. Then again I read a report that a few of them are made up of people that have abused children and do this to feel as though they are making amends, no doubt there will be a few c*ltic fans making up the numbers because if what their club done

@bbcmarkdaly

I believe that this is Mark Daly's email address:

mark.daly@bbc.co.uk

Back