Alex Thomson Ch4 - Investigating Celtic Boys Club

Someone very close to me suffered abuse as a child, and as we watched that tonight I could see her visibly trembling, I’m fortunate enough to have had a relatively benign upbringing from that perspective.

watching her and the gent on the telly Tears lumps from the soul, and I genuinely mean it when I say it that I don’t give a %^*& what creed, colour, god or team you align to, abuse is abuse and the bastards deserve strung up. The hours days and weeks of abuse are nothing in comparison to the life sentence of recollection the survivors need to endure.

Well said mate.

Utterly heartbreaking and I can't even imagine what they've been and are going through.

For all you on here who wish the lawyers would get a move on and doubting people who have tried to keep you updated, but can only say so much, have a look at malcolm Roger's on that clip. A grown man, a very brave man, ex forces and see the pain he's going through to this day. As I said in a previous post, the paedophiles are cunning, even Kelly still tries to make out that he done the lad a favour at the time, as he didnt want to put him through it all. Absolutely sickening and they will deny it all the way, which makes it hard as victims need to come forward, but who can blame them if they don't

Theres no quick fix here, it's unfortunate its had to come to to this. After watching this I hope people appreciate why this cannot be point scoring in any way. Its criminality of the worst kind, only second to murder.
That was the worst of it mate. To hear that utterly vile scumbag make out he had any sort of honour at all because he admitted guilt and stopped the guy testifying against him. More like he was advised by his lawyer that he was screwed. There was also no personal apology. More like regret for himself than his victims.

It's not a sentiment I'm proud of but when you hear of kids getting cancer and dying before they've experienced any sort of life then you see scum like that, living on and on and on...... Oxygen thieves every last one of them.

Someone very close to me suffered abuse as a child, and as we watched that tonight I could see her visibly trembling, I’m fortunate enough to have had a relatively benign upbringing from that perspective.

watching her and the gent on the telly Tears lumps from the soul, and I genuinely mean it when I say it that I don’t give a %^*& what creed, colour, god or team you align to, abuse is abuse and the bastards deserve strung up. The hours days and weeks of abuse are nothing in comparison to the life sentence of recollection the survivors need to endure.
Thank you. Excellent post.

Mr Rodger's bravery in telling his story might encourage others to come forward too.

I hope that people realise that it's all about justice for the victims, regardless of how long it takes, and that each claim needs to be verified. Don't go down the route of assuming the lawyers have been got at if nothing happens immediately, or even in the short to medium term. It will take time.

Take a bow, Malcolm Rodgers.

0_ERtKnzvWAAImsD7.jpg

To reveal and relive the unimaginable horrors you went through at the hands of those beasts took immense courage.

We are all in awe of you!
You can read through the whole of this thread and get angry at the abomination that went on. However when you see a real case it really smacks you right in the face the true impact on the victims. I don't think anything will give this poor soul closure on his episode.

Take a bow, Malcolm Rodgers.

0_ERtKnzvWAAImsD7.jpg

To reveal and relive the unimaginable horrors you went through at the hands of those beasts took immense courage.

We are all in awe of you!
I am unable to quantify the respect I have for Malcolm Rodgers. This is a man who has suffered the most appalling, unimaginable abuse and who has stepped forward to shine a light on the creatures who abused him.
Malcolm, I salute your indefatigability. You are a warrior and an inspiration. God bless you, Sir.

Am I missing something here?

Some well earned rest and a fucking medal.

Sorry to ask this, but multiple threads and hundreds of posts, but is this a prelude to a full documentary or is this is as far as media exposure goes until all the victims legal avenues are exhausted?

The SFA where set to release their timid and soft soap report, then something held it back. Looks like the cross border trafficking of boys to be abused, backed up with real evidence. Ripped that report to shreds, reluctantly imo, they have had to re-write their whole report apart from recommendations going forward for future child safety. You could see the duplicitous nature sweating out that strange guy representing the SFA.

Some well earned rest and a fucking medal.

Sorry to ask this, but multiple threads and hundreds of posts, but is this a prelude to a full documentary or is this is as far as media exposure goes until all the victims legal avenues are exhausted?
Follow up tomorrow and a 30 minute documentary to follow

That was a hard watch,what more have the victims got to do to prove it actually happened ?

Wee boys who only wanted to play football,the game that we all love whether your Rangers or Celtic and that life has been destroyed by sexual predators.

It's a disgrace that it's taking this long and a disgrace that the ones that were eventually caught have short jail sentences.

That bill Kelly is an absolute scumbag. Absolutely ZERO remorse there.
maybe Thomson isn’t going to help his bestestest buddy Phils favourite team out after all.
Maybe he’s about to drive a nail into a very dirty and murky coffin.

And still, there is the whataboutery from celtic, utterly hurt that so far there is no mention of rangers anywhere.
maybe because rangers weren’t part of a systematic paedophile and child trafficking ring. Maybe rangers dealings with paedophiles involvedat the club were dear with in a certain manner than meant the clubs conscience was fully clear?

all in all, it looks like celtic are going to lose some friends.
The fact is they don't have any real remorse because they are mentally damaged, they have a sick brain and need treatment to prevent them from doing any more damage, normal people do not do the things they do as they know it is wrong, these bastards don't think that way.
A stint in prison prevents them from committing more offences by taking away their ability to re offend, but does not address the real issue.
They should be chemically castrated and given mental health treatment as their brains are sick and damaged, before they can ever be considered a candidate for any release.

Last edited:
A church that basically says it’s priests are married to god and therefore males have no contact with females or it’s a sin? Children being around said people? Any “sins” can be exonerated if they confess? Come on mate

And adults never believing their own children or automatically taking the side of the priest/nuns when confronted with the truth , in fact in many cases severely punishing their children

No wonder very few children said anything

Unfortunately , not always confined to Catholic families but in a religion that allowed confessions to wash away all guilt and placed the priests above reproach , it was rife

I am unable to quantify the respect I have for Malcolm Rodgers. This is a man who has suffered the most appalling, unimaginable abuse and who has stepped forward to shine a light on the creatures who abused him.
Malcolm, I salute your indefatigability. You are a warrior and an inspiration. God bless you, Sir.

Hear hear! He will be a shining example to others who were harmed as children - people will take inspiration and come forward. Well done Malcolm - that took real courage.

The judge in 1987 saying, all are adults now and don't seem to have suffered any long term damage.

Wow.

The whole piece was shocking and sad but I was absolutely astonished to learn the judges comments and rationale for pathetic sentences being issued. Truly scandalous and makes me wonder how far up the tree this pedophile ring actually went. Wouldn't bet against people in the judiciary having some self-interests to protect.

The whole piece was shocking and sad but I was absolutely astonished to learn the judges comments and rationale for pathetic sentences being issued. Truly scandalous and makes me wonder how far up the tree this pedophile ring actually went. Wouldn't bet against people in the judiciary having some self-interests to protect.
That was what stuck in my mind more than anything else. Couldn't believe it, but certainly goes a long way to explaining the leniency of our courts regarding this.

I am currently abroad with work so missed the channel 4 programme last night. Was it just on Channel 4 news programme? I am going to watch it on catch up but there is no mention of this content in the bio for channel 4 news.

Thanks

I would suggest that this ring went to the very top of the tree and there will be people in high places feeling very uncomfortable just now.

I would suggest that this ring went to the very top of the tree and there will be people in high places feeling very uncomfortable just now.
Unfortunately if they were in their 40s and 50s when these offences took place and sentences handed out there's a very good chance a lot of them will be dead.

Judges / Scottish Parliament / UK Parliament / senior police all linked with pedo rings. Softer sentences handed out for silence and not exposing others in their circle. It stinks!

The simple fact that Torbett was convicted, then jailed for child molestation then on his release was rehired by them and go on to molest more kids is appalling, after being jailed a 2nd time celtic continued to use his company(trophy room) should be more than enough to get that cesspit bulldozed.

Back