Alex Thomson Ch4 - Investigating Celtic Boys Club

It goes without saying that the victims come first in this. Compensation and some kind of closure is the least they deserve. However if an SFA enquiry says Celtic must take the blame then surely sporting sanctions must follow? This is not whataboutery or trying to even the score over what happened to us. It's quite simple - a sporting institution has been found guilty of heinous crimes by the body that governs it. Therefore the club must be punished by that governing body and sporting sanctions are all that are available.
Did you not see that this was the old Celtic. this changed in 1997.

For all the sevcopaths, your club is now stating that they are indeed only 23 years old. No longer the celtic football and athletic club as used to be on their badge.

Did you not see that this was the old Celtic. this changed in 1997.

For all the sevcopaths, your club is now stating that they are indeed only 23 years old. No longer the celtic football and athletic club as used to be on their badge.

Their badge changed in 1995. I think this pre 1997 reference is more to do with the end of their own "internal" investigation and police involvement at that time.

Inquiry into Celtic sex abuse claims

• Saturday 6 April 1996 00:02

Detectives were called in to investigate allegations of sexual abuse on young players at Celtic Football Club, it was confirmed last night. Strathclyde Police said a senior detective led an investigation at the club and inquiries were now complete.
    A spokeswoman said: "We can confirm that an inquiry has taken place into allegations of sexual abuse of young players at Celtic Football Club. However, these allegations have not been substantiated. No report has been forwarded to the procurator fiscal."

It is understood several players and officials at Celtic, both in the boys' team and senior club, were interviewed as part of the investigation.

According to reports yesterday, the police were called in by Celtic chief Fergus McCann after an internal investigation at the club into allegations of abuse during a boys' club tournament in the United States. It was also reported that further allegations surrounding the boys' club have been made over the past few years.
    In a statement last night, Mr McCann said of the police investigation: "This matter is not currently affecting Celtic FC. Since the change of control at Celtic Park, complaints were made regarding an alleged incident in New Jersey in 1991 involving Celtic Boys' Club. Following the Boys' Club's return to Britain one of its officials resigned ... the matter was referred by the club to Strathclyde Police for investigation."

Disappointing that the clear underlying main intent of Celtic’s statement is to once again state that it’s got nothing to do with them. Even if that is legally the case, true care and regret for the lives of precious wee kids should be the total focus. They were utterly wronged and Celtic, perhaps unwittingly at the time, totally welcomed and championed the perpetrators in and around their whole set up. Their focus should be entirely on that.
Anyone working there at the time who had an awareness of what was happening owes a grave apology to those directly affected for not being brave enough to come forward, out those doing it and thus rescue some kids and perhaps prevent others from suffering altogether.
So so sorry for all those directly affected.
Incidentally our focus should be similar and not be motivated by a fervour to see Celtic weakened - nice as that would be!

Disappointing that the clear underlying main intent of Celtic’s statement is to once again state that it’s got nothing to do with them. Even if that is legally the case, true care and regret for the lives of precious wee kids should be the total focus. They were utterly wronged and Celtic, perhaps unwittingly at the time, totally welcomed and championed the perpetrators in and around their whole set up. Their focus should be entirely on that.
Anyone working there at the time who had an awareness of what was happening owes a grave apology to those directly affected for not being brave enough to come forward, out those doing it and thus rescue some kids and perhaps prevent others from suffering altogether.
So so sorry for all those directly affected.
Incidentally our focus should be similar and not be motivated by a fervour to see Celtic weakened - nice as that would be!
Unwittingly my eye.

Their badge changed in 1995. I think this pre 1997 reference is more to do with the end of their own "internal" investigation and police involvement at that time.

Inquiry into Celtic sex abuse claims

• Saturday 6 April 1996 00:02

Detectives were called in to investigate allegations of sexual abuse on young players at Celtic Football Club, it was confirmed last night. Strathclyde Police said a senior detective led an investigation at the club and inquiries were now complete.
    A spokeswoman said: "We can confirm that an inquiry has taken place into allegations of sexual abuse of young players at Celtic Football Club. However, these allegations have not been substantiated. No report has been forwarded to the procurator fiscal."

It is understood several players and officials at Celtic, both in the boys' team and senior club, were interviewed as part of the investigation.

According to reports yesterday, the police were called in by Celtic chief Fergus McCann after an internal investigation at the club into allegations of abuse during a boys' club tournament in the United States. It was also reported that further allegations surrounding the boys' club have been made over the past few years.
    In a statement last night, Mr McCann said of the police investigation: "This matter is not currently affecting Celtic FC. Since the change of control at Celtic Park, complaints were made regarding an alleged incident in New Jersey in 1991 involving Celtic Boys' Club. Following the Boys' Club's return to Britain one of its officials resigned ... the matter was referred by the club to Strathclyde Police for investigation."
Ok mate, I'll give them 25 years. They certainly turned on McCann which, considering what he done for them, was outrageous.

Why are sentences so lenient in Scotland compared to England?

Some judges must be worth a watching...
They probably won't but I'd love to see a spin-off investigation into the sentencing up here.
Follow it up by looking at a PFs which loses evidence and judges who sentence someone to five months in jail for singing.
Could then probe why Daly took the lead on this then for some reason lost interest.
There's enough corruption up here to keep Thompson busy for years. Pulitzer prize potential, Alex.

I'm sorry the events took place, doesn't mean I was complicit in them happening or covered them up.
it's not an apology for what happened. It's an apology for being caught. Do you honestly think there would be any apology, or Celtic willingly admitting that there was a cover up or that the abuse took place? even now, after being told yes, your club and the boys club are one and the same, your club is complicit in the cover up of a paedophile ring, they are still shutting their eyes, fingers in ears screaming "la la la la la!" And shouting from the rooftops " ah but... Ah but".
Their vile support care not a single jot about victims or their families. They only care about making sure "ra huns" are dragged into it and that absolutely nothing will stop 10iar*.
I hope for absolute justice for these poor people no matter the club it happened at.

The sheriff involved with Angelica Kluk before her murder being a case in point.
Yes, he was snared when his fingerprints were found on the hammer that Tobin used to murder her.Managed to weasel out of it by saying he had handled the hammer while in Tobins workshop and took hold of it to comment on the size of the ball on the hammer.Plausible, but very strange nontheless.We have little or no idea what goes on right under our noses.

What exactly would be the implications for the tims if its proven the boys club was part of Celtic football club?

And titles stripped pertaining to that period,like what happened at penn state
If this is investigated properly this will be a scandal far bigger than Penn State. If you watch the movie Paterno which is about the Penn State scandal the similarities are very striking with what is happening on our own doorstep however what has been going on here will totally dwarf what went on with Penn State. The public really have to start asking questions as to who in power assisted in covering this up, why the media decided not to pursue this story. I firmly believe that this will be the world's biggest paedophile scandal as links to monsters like Saville and Bennell have already been shown yet it appears that the public and media in general will rather turn a blind eye. These innocent children have been failed big time by the Scottish public and have all shown tremendous bravery against all the odds to expose these bastards.

Under the Tories, property is sacrosanct. It has always been the way !
From being hung for stealing sheep in the old days to dismantling a few bits of bricks and mortar nowadays ! Taking the law into your own hands is taboo, regardless of the justification.

Compare and contrast the long sentence for Bennell in England - where the justice system is controlled by the Tories - with the light sentences for abusers in Scotland where the justice system is controlled by the SNP.

In short the answer is no.

The crown can appeal against a sentence if they are of the opinion that it is unduly lenient however this IIRC is a relatively new development and I doubt very much it was in place at the time of the remarks in question.

The judiciary in Scotland are supposedly independent from political interference (no laughing please).
I liked this because you answered not because I liked the answer obviously. There is something inherently wrong with this. Obviously people can be corrupt or become so. Are there sentencing guidelines in place or is sentencing up to the whim of each judge? It seems they are as I don't know how the hell someone gets 1 year for abusing 12 children!

I'm genuinely curious about this stuff, need to learn more as I'm looking at possibly moving back to the UK soon!

I liked this because you answered not because I liked the answer obviously. There is something inherently wrong with this. Obviously people can be corrupt or become so. Are there sentencing guidelines in place or is sentencing up to the whim of each judge? It seems they are as I don't know how the hell someone gets 1 year for abusing 12 children!

I'm genuinely curious about this stuff, need to learn more as I'm looking at possibly moving back to the UK soon!

as a resident of texas with all my direct family in Scotland and a wife who would move there next month given half the chance. I’d advise a move south of the border until these SNP cuunts are finally brought to task on shyt like this.

Lord Ross appears to still be alive at the ripe old age of 92. According to this article he was considered to be a tough sentencer and in favour of the return of the death penalty.

Can you imagine the sentence that would befall a middle aged man who raped and abused 12 women?

Do kids not matter?

Are judges from a public school background or an RC family, where this is just part of growing up?

This country is well fvcked!

My heart goes out to the guy Malcolm. It must be horrendous dealing with that on a day to day basis. I hope he can find some sort of peace and normality in his life, nobody should have to go through that.

Do we think the rest of Scottish football will be as angry with Celtic as they were with us using tax avoidance schemes?
I hope the Bassa’s that wind up Morelos are now getting into the heads of scum players playing for a rancid club.
could be an interesting run in.

Back