Alex Thomson Ch4 - Investigating Celtic Boys Club

Martin Henry stated: ".....the club [Celtic] has gone to great lengths to address any past contacts between the club [Celtic] and Celtic Boys' Club - and have done so effectively.

What does he mean ? "great lengths" "address" "past contacts" "the club and Celtic Boys' Club"

What has Celic done when addressing these contacts ?

Does anyone have a clue ?

I cannot go against my club or church.

Absolutely spot on, literally trample over ruined lives to protect a poxy football team. Our countries media and parliament have basically told us that a football team is more important than children's lives. This has gone on so long that I now genuinely feel that the SNP can't be seen alianating their core support so they stand by celtc, even in the face of racism, bigotry and systematic child abuse.

Part of the media who took a crash course in the Omerta involving the filth is a guy at Ibrox.

James Traynor.

When your religion is infested and you are brainwashed into accepting it as normal what chance is there of you realising that abuse is not acceptable and should be condemned.

Abuse of children has been washed over for years by Catholic Church.
Too true, if they regarded it as an open secret then what hope do we have if they don't see it as wrong. Particularly damming when they seem to think covering it up is easier than phoning the police. Obviously completely warped.

Last year getting a taxi home from the city centre I had the fortune to talk to a remarkably brave, dignified man. He was one of the three along with Brazil who came forward, obviously his names been published but it’s not my place to say who. All I can say is he is a real true survivor and I have the utmost respect for him as a person - he opened up to me (accidentally as we were speaking about how the OF takes over your life and he remarked , ‘you don’t even know how much’ then the conversation developed naturally.) But all I will say is, yes unfortunately some of their greats are tainted by this. I just hope some kind of closure can come of the investigations, and IMO Celtic just finally do the right thing. If this wasn’t a football club of alleged cultural value, then in any other industry or law of the land we all know what would happen. Closure.

I really don't understand the name change. Is it an excuse to allow further abuse to continue?

It's the old closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Everyone knows it's all about Celtic Boys Club. Any charges relating to them won't come under St. Pats, unless there's more to come on that and they're trying to get away from that now?

%^*& knows what the idea is behind it.
Their motherships corporate name needed to be as far away going forward for worldwide sponsorship to be had

I haven't heard that old favourite term "Strict Liability" mentioned for a while, you know where they want clubs punished for a few fans singing naughty songs.

One of the leading protagonists was believed to a club which itself is shamefully denying liability for the illegal and reprehensible actions of its employees. Not just those sick, evil paedophiles, but also their enablers, those who covered it up, allowing it to continue for years whilst more and more victims suffered.

Hypocritical bastards as well as everything else. They have had more than enough chances to hold their hands up and apologise, even at this late stage but they show no remorse whatsoever.

It looks like the victims will have to go through further pain and agony of very public Court action to get the justice that they deserve and are entitled to.

They are a club that has no shame.

I really don't understand the name change. Is it an excuse to allow further abuse to continue?

It's the old closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Everyone knows it's all about Celtic Boys Club. Any charges relating to them won't come under St. Pats, unless there's more to come on that and they're trying to get away from that now?

%^*& knows what the idea is behind it.

My take is they are looking forward & trying to mitigate future risks & liabilities if further paedophiles are there even now mate.

Again, we are all guessing.

my concern in all this is i fear it is not getting out there. speaking to guys in work from the east coast and they were oblivious to this even my own brother hadnt seen it until i told him.

Yes, indeed there is. Neil Strachan, who actually ran celtc boys club Edinburgh branch, was part of the same paedophile gang as the vile guy who set up a LGBT youth group along with Henry.
Henry reeks of wrong 'un.
Absolutely down right fkn disgusting!!
Who at the SFA actually put this cretin at the head of this investigation? Once again this is going to get brushed under the carpet.
The most the SFA will do after the investigation is hit ALL clubs with the same punishment. It's an absolute joke that the SFA are investigating this in the first place. These are very serious crimes and should be dealt with by the law of the land.

Absolutely down right fkn disgusting!!
Who at the SFA actually put this cretin at the head of this investigation? Once again this is going to get brushed under the carpet.
The most the SFA will do after the investigation is hit ALL clubs with the same punishment. It's an absolute joke that the SFA are investigating this in the first place. These are very serious crimes and should be dealt with by the law of the land.
The sfa are up to their necks in this .They ate trying to cover their own backs as well as their masters Celtic.

Last year getting a taxi home from the city centre I had the fortune to talk to a remarkably brave, dignified man. He was one of the three along with Brazil who came forward, obviously his names been published but it’s not my place to say who. All I can say is he is a real true survivor and I have the utmost respect for him as a person - he opened up to me (accidentally as we were speaking about how the OF takes over your life and he remarked , ‘you don’t even know how much’ then the conversation developed naturally.) But all I will say is, yes unfortunately some of their greats are tainted by this. I just hope some kind of closure can come of the investigations, and IMO Celtic just finally do the right thing. If this wasn’t a football club of alleged cultural value, then in any other industry or law of the land we all know what would happen. Closure.

I posted this a long time ago. In terms of reputaion and recovering respect, the boat has sailed.

If Celtic now make a full apology and accept responsibilty, they will be seen to have done it under pressure. Forced into it by UK TV exposure, and changes to Scottish and UK law.

The boat has sailed for all other apologists - the BBC, MSM, Scottish Parliament, UK Parliament, GCC, politicians of all parties, the RC church and other churches, and on and on and on.....

Surely after these statements the sfa should get a vote of no confidence from the rest of Scottish football definitely not fit for purpose Unfortunately there are too many bottle merchants acting as chairmen
it is surely an issue that extends beyond bottle merchant chairmen. On the board of every constituent club there are bound to be men and women who will have children and grandchildren in their own families. Yet, there seems to have been an absence of any expression of concern from any club over a business, which is both sordid and heartbreaking. Just can’t figure out the reason for the silence.

Guys a don’t know if you know big Bill Storrie giving his interview last night he is a great guy got me my mortgage 20yrs ago so sad to here he was abused he is a great Rangers fan can’t believe this happened to him can we all give the big man a graceful word good on him giving it tight to them fucker as they knew what was going on

The SFA must be disbanded. What has gone on, and what action they have taken, is an insult to victims.
SFA unfit for purpose and simply a disgraceful organisation from a bygone age. Totally out of touch and scrambling around putting sticking plasters on all their fcuk ups.

Stein must fall
their is a statue of a little boy on Broadcasting house home of the BBC, the (Artist) who produced this work used his teenage nude teenage daughters as models His name was Eric Gill, Gill, who was born in 1882 in Brighton, Sussex, converted to Catholicism in 1913. after his death it was revealed in his diary, "In his diary, published after his death, he described his penchant for bestiality and incest - with his sister and with his daughters and animals " they have been asked to remove it by many different childrens charities, to no avail ,
The Catholic Church has also rejected calls to dismantle the work.
This was in 20 13 from an article from the mail

I may as well over the weekend when I get the time to do so. Others are actively pursuing them.
If anyone has an updated clean list for Adidas, please post it, or even pm me it.
If anyone wants the recently cleaned NB list, gimme a shout.

Adidas corporate media contacts.
The video should be sent to these people.
If someone has got a copy I’m sure this would have an impact...

Up, emailed these NB cants again and leaving for work again very shortly, so gonna post this now as I don't have time to catch up on everything (just found out who we play in the next round - bring it on!). Apologies for any errors as it was rushed.

I do know that the scum fans want Adidas as their sponsor as a poster rightly pointed out, but I've been chasing these cants up for a long time now with the aim of getting them to pull out before the contract ends. It's almost certainly not happening now, but maybe it will ensure that they don't renew their contract with the paedo harbourers. Maybe once it ends, they may even reply to me showing their disgust then. Now, that would be useful info to have.

Good afternoon,

The Channel 4 programme was aired this week as I said it would. The first part was shown on Tuesday and the second part was shown last night (Wednesday).

The second part is all about Celtic Football Club and it debunked many of the ridiculous and insulting excuses the world’s most disgusting and vile club with their paedophile rings has thrown at the survivors and their families.

A club like no other? They certainly are and we should all be thankful for that.

I should warn you that you may find some of the scenes distressing.

Part 2 – A club like no other?

Part 1 – Revealed: The paedophiles who scarred British football

They truly are abhorrent and in the time slot the programme (part of the main news bulletin) was shown, it barely scraped the surface. It didn’t pull any punches, yet probably covered less than 5% of what we know to be factual information. The other lengthy documentaries coming up soon will shed more light here.

To give you an analogy, this wasn’t even a chapter in a book, yet here’s an entire library of damning facts associated with them. Celtic Football Club is now toxic to the world and it will only get worse for them. When all is shown if they’re still in existence, they’ll forever be known as the club who harboured paedophiles (and covered it up for decades).

I hope with all of my heart that the victims and their loved ones get the much awaited closure they need because they deserve it and they’ve earned the respect of everyone I know associated in our quest to do whatever we can to help them get just that.

Not everything is about money. That’s where business can be a dirty game. Some people what they do, because they believe it’s the right thing to do, because they’re decent human beings and in the victims situation in particular, they are more interested in an apology. That’s acknowledgement for the heinous crime that no man, never mind a young boy, should have had to endure.

Earlier email from Monday

Good afternoon,

A short and to the point email from me this time with a little of the most recent events – you have all of the other information you need already.

A Channel4 special report is to be aired this week.

Celtic Football Club. Channel4 state - Famous for its noise. Now infamous for its silence.

I’ve repeatedly contacted you to try and educate you as to the truly vile football club Celtic FC are. You’ve ignored me for months and in effect, condoned child sexual abuse by doing so and you’re STILL sponsoring them.

The report is going to be shown over 2/3 nights and we obviously have no control as to how it’s shown, but we have contributed some information as the group representing some of the survivors and their families. You’ll be able to catch up with it online after it’s aired.

The Mark Daly (BBC reporter) documentary and the three part documentary from award winning Dan Gordon will be shown on TV in the next few weeks/months, probably after the SFA inquiry that ends in March.

Dan Gordon has spent five years preparing this and new victims finding the courage to come forward, or even other paedophiles being uncovered that are associated with this vile club, means information is constantly being updated and programme airings being put back for weeks/months.

Amongst others, we represent two of the strongest women I’ve ever known in Helene and Michelle Gray. Dignified at all times (I don’t know how they manage to do so) and very focused in their quest for justice for their son/brother respectively.

If Andrew was alive today he would be immensely proud of them. I know I certainly am, as I am for all of the many others who have come forward to tell their horrific experience, such as Kenny Campbell who suffered incessant sexual abuse whilst being a young, vulnerable lad, who only wanted to play for the team he loved. They all should command the respect of every decent human being, everywhere.

Another day and yet another pervert uncovered at Celtic Boys Club/Celtic Football Club. There’s no end to this and we know that there will be MANY more and very high profile ones too. As Channel4 would say – Watch this space!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/man-tells-cops-repeatedly-sexually-21562500

Helene Gray – Andrew’s mum

https://twitter.com/HeleneG46816352

Michelle Gray – Andrew’s sister

I hope you will now understand why I’ve been relentless in bombarding you and your company over the last few months. Please show your support for the countless victims and their families by responding with the shortest, or even the simplest reply for us to pass onto them. It would mean a lot to them and I’ll omit your name if you request me to. You have my word on that (never broke it – never will).

Thank you.
great letter mate great effort, you and the other bears doing their bit will always have the satisfaction of being able to look into a kids eye knowing you did something well done again, doing nothing is not an option for decent minded folks,

The SFA must be disbanded. What has gone on, and what action they have taken, is an insult to victims.
SFA unfit for purpose and simply a disgraceful organisation from a bygone age. Totally out of touch and scrambling around putting sticking plasters on all their fcuk ups.

The American justice system took Penn state to the cleaners. What is wrong with this country?

Up, emailed these NB cants again and leaving for work again very shortly, so gonna post this now as I don't have time to catch up on everything (just found out who we play in the next round - bring it on!). Apologies for any errors as it was rushed.

I do know that the scum fans want Adidas as their sponsor as a poster rightly pointed out, but I've been chasing these cants up for a long time now with the aim of getting them to pull out before the contract ends. It's almost certainly not happening now, but maybe it will ensure that they don't renew their contract with the paedo harbourers. Maybe once it ends, they may even reply to me showing their disgust then. Now, that would be useful info to have.

Good afternoon,

The Channel 4 programme was aired this week as I said it would. The first part was shown on Tuesday and the second part was shown last night (Wednesday).

The second part is all about Celtic Football Club and it debunked many of the ridiculous and insulting excuses the world’s most disgusting and vile club with their paedophile rings has thrown at the survivors and their families.

A club like no other? They certainly are and we should all be thankful for that.

I should warn you that you may find some of the scenes distressing.

Part 2 – A club like no other?

Part 1 – Revealed: The paedophiles who scarred British football

They truly are abhorrent and in the time slot the programme (part of the main news bulletin) was shown, it barely scraped the surface. It didn’t pull any punches, yet probably covered less than 5% of what we know to be factual information. The other lengthy documentaries coming up soon will shed more light here.

To give you an analogy, this wasn’t even a chapter in a book, yet here’s an entire library of damning facts associated with them. Celtic Football Club is now toxic to the world and it will only get worse for them. When all is shown if they’re still in existence, they’ll forever be known as the club who harboured paedophiles (and covered it up for decades).

I hope with all of my heart that the victims and their loved ones get the much awaited closure they need because they deserve it and they’ve earned the respect of everyone I know associated in our quest to do whatever we can to help them get just that.

Not everything is about money. That’s where business can be a dirty game. Some people what they do, because they believe it’s the right thing to do, because they’re decent human beings and in the victims situation in particular, they are more interested in an apology. That’s acknowledgement for the heinous crime that no man, never mind a young boy, should have had to endure.

Earlier email from Monday

Good afternoon,

A short and to the point email from me this time with a little of the most recent events – you have all of the other information you need already.

A Channel4 special report is to be aired this week.

Celtic Football Club. Channel4 state - Famous for its noise. Now infamous for its silence.

I’ve repeatedly contacted you to try and educate you as to the truly vile football club Celtic FC are. You’ve ignored me for months and in effect, condoned child sexual abuse by doing so and you’re STILL sponsoring them.

The report is going to be shown over 2/3 nights and we obviously have no control as to how it’s shown, but we have contributed some information as the group representing some of the survivors and their families. You’ll be able to catch up with it online after it’s aired.

The Mark Daly (BBC reporter) documentary and the three part documentary from award winning Dan Gordon will be shown on TV in the next few weeks/months, probably after the SFA inquiry that ends in March.

Dan Gordon has spent five years preparing this and new victims finding the courage to come forward, or even other paedophiles being uncovered that are associated with this vile club, means information is constantly being updated and programme airings being put back for weeks/months.

Amongst others, we represent two of the strongest women I’ve ever known in Helene and Michelle Gray. Dignified at all times (I don’t know how they manage to do so) and very focused in their quest for justice for their son/brother respectively.

If Andrew was alive today he would be immensely proud of them. I know I certainly am, as I am for all of the many others who have come forward to tell their horrific experience, such as Kenny Campbell who suffered incessant sexual abuse whilst being a young, vulnerable lad, who only wanted to play for the team he loved. They all should command the respect of every decent human being, everywhere.

Another day and yet another pervert uncovered at Celtic Boys Club/Celtic Football Club. There’s no end to this and we know that there will be MANY more and very high profile ones too. As Channel4 would say – Watch this space!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/man-tells-cops-repeatedly-sexually-21562500

Helene Gray – Andrew’s mum

https://twitter.com/HeleneG46816352

Michelle Gray – Andrew’s sister

I hope you will now understand why I’ve been relentless in bombarding you and your company over the last few months. Please show your support for the countless victims and their families by responding with the shortest, or even the simplest reply for us to pass onto them. It would mean a lot to them and I’ll omit your name if you request me to. You have my word on that (never broke it – never will).

Thank you.
The media contacts for Adidas contacts in Germany on the corporate side.
Would be great to have it sent to these guys...

Scroll down a little to see the two top people.

Last edited:

Guys a don’t know if you know big Bill Storrie giving his interview last night he is a great guy got me my mortgage 20yrs ago so sad to here he was abused he is a great Rangers fan can’t believe this happened to him can we all give the big man a graceful word good on him giving it tight to them fucker as they knew what was going on
I know Bill, he’s been a family friend for ages & first I knew about it was when his wife posted on Facebook on Tuesday about what had happened to him & that Bill bravely was waving his anonymity. Been in touch since the program was aired & he has been genuinely touched by the level of support he has rcvd. Bill is as you say one of our own a massive Bear & hope he gets all the support he needs & more importantly justice. Proud of you Bill.

I know Bill, he’s been a family friend for ages & first I knew about it was when his wife posted on Facebook on Tuesday about what had happened to him & that Bill bravely was waving his anonymity. Been in touch since the program was aired & he has been genuinely touched by the level of support he has rcvd. Bill is as you say one of our own a massive Bear & hope he gets all the support he needs & more importantly justice. Proud of you Bill.
Well said brother

My take is they are looking forward & trying to mitigate future risks & liabilities if further paedophiles are there even now mate.

Again, we are all guessing.
Pretty much what I was thinking too. I had also said, I wonder if there’s something brewing on that front and they’re gonna try and push it on St. Pat’s.? Nothing would surprise me with them.

The American justice system took Penn state to the cleaners. What is wrong with this country?
It disgusts me that in this country we have people jailed for 3 months for singing a song, yet a paedophile who physically abused children, caused actual harm to them physically, emotionally and psychologically, gets anything between 1 month and 6 months per victim.

How is that justice?

Someone needs to remind the Scottish judiciary of Kofi Annan's quote when he accepted the Nobel prize awarded for the work in the UNCRC paper:

There is no trust more sacred than the
one the world holds with children.

Except in Scotland, where apparently the trust between man and football club is more important (so long as they don't sing naughty songs).

The other thing America has is a punitive damages system. The victims who are suing will not be awarded millions each because that's how the courts work here. They might even struggle to get beyond low six figures each. Its not going to bankrupt them unless there are actually hundreds who come forward.

Should anyone pursue them in America for crimes that happened in new jersey, then you might see a substantial damages award, but not here.

The sfa are up to their necks in this .They ate trying to cover their own backs as well as their masters Celtic.
Is the SFA under any proper scrutiny and if not why not?

They are up to their necks in this. They also had paedo refs I believe and knew about Celtic and did nothing. They also allowed themselves to be infiltrated by Celtic minded people and one can assume this was to assist Celtic with all sorts of issues like keeping a lid on the paedophiles issue, controlling refs and nailing Rangers to th floor. Shameful

An abuse survivor has claimed that he was molested in premises used by Celtic Boys Club that were yards from Celtic FC’s stadium.

Gordon Woods was 13 when Jim Torbett, the founder of Celtic’s feeder club, sexually assaulted him.

He alleges that some of the abuse took place in a building used by the boys’ club in the Sixties.

Mr Woods, who has waived his right to anonymity, told Channel 4 News: “Immediately outside the main Celtic ground there was a building. It was painted in the same colours as Celtic FC. It was part of Celtic FC’s grounds. That’s where we trained. That’s where some of the abuse took place.”

The building has been demolished but photographs and Celtic publications confirm its existence.

Torbett was jailed for two years in 1998 and for six years in November 2018 for sexually attacking boys in his care. Celtic FC has expressed sympathy but continues to insist that the boys’ club was a separate organisation with which it had “historic contacts”.

Mr Woods, now in his sixties, denied this, saying: “We were very much part of Celtic FC.” He was backed by James Dornan, an SNP MSP whose son was on the books of Celtic FC and its feeder club.

Martin Henry, chairman of the Independent Review into Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football, told Channel 4 that there had been an “irrefutable” historical relationhip between Celtic FC and the boys’ club, which was later severed.

He said that Celtic FC and other clubs had an “inescapable” moral obligation to accept responsibility for the abuse that took place at feeder clubs. Offering compensation was “the right thing to do,” he added.

The Scottish Football Association, which commissioned the review, said Mr Henry was speaking in a personal capacity and that it did not endorse his views. The governing body stressed that it was not in the gift of the review to apportion any liability.

The review’s interim report, published in 2018, suggested that senior teams could not distance themselves from abuse at feeder clubs. The Times understands that this will be reiterated in the final report, which is expected to be published within weeks.

Celtic said: “Celtic FC is appalled by any form of historic abuse and has great sympathy for those who suffered abuse and for their families. The club is very sorry that these events took place.

“Although Celtic FC is a separate organisation, we take these [claims] extremely seriously because of the historic contacts between the two organisations.”

Fixed this

Celtic said: “Celtic FC is appalled by any form of historic abuse and has great sympathy for those who suffered abuse and for their families. The club is very sorry that these events were found out.

Was there not a 3rd part to this? I'm overseas so cannot access the ch4 stuff. Relying on the clips posted here.

What do we know about this Martin Henry fella?

You will find all you need to know here.

Back