Alex Thomson Ch4 - Investigating Celtic Boys Club

Can't believe a lot more was not made of the judges sentence of only 12 months to Bill Kelly for 14 counts of abuse over 22 years! WTF! There should have been a national uproar over such a sentence and still should be. I'm still shocked and disgusted that can be remotely justified. Should have been a media outcry on a sentence like that. I can't understand it. If that's the sort of justice the victims are getting I could understand any possible hesitancy in coming forward. Terrible.

I’ve just watched on YouTube the interview with Malcolm Rodger and it’s utterly heartbreaking.

sivkens me to the back teeth that when as a Rangers fan we comment on these horrific acts that some will level at us it’s point scoring. If talking out against these monsters is wrong it’s you that has the problem

Ibrox's front bottom Bill seemed in no way remorseful for his depraved acts and I’m sure he will be served up so,e more jail time soon as more men are brave enough to share their truth.

I’m sure the judge who gave him 12 months in 87 must clearly not get what scars abuse leaves or was at it himself in another ring

Part 2 tonight...@Channel4News we examine Celtic’s claim that Celtic Boys’ Club was an “entirely separate organisation” from the FC. New eyewitness, photographic, documentary and legal evidence casts serious doubt on the Club’s claim.

Here's hoping tonight's screening is the haymaker the victims and their families have been longing for.

Celtic cannot be allowed to continue to hide behind this flimsy defence of being a separate organisation any longer. It's beyond pathetic!

It's time for Celtic to own responsibility, say sorry, properly, and to ensure the victims are properly compensated for having their lives destroyed, and the years of torment they've gone through.

Anything less should be deemed to be unacceptable.

It goes without saying that the victims come first in this. Compensation and some kind of closure is the least they deserve. However if an SFA enquiry says Celtic must take the blame then surely sporting sanctions must follow? This is not whataboutery or trying to even the score over what happened to us. It's quite simple - a sporting institution has been found guilty of heinous crimes by the body that governs it. Therefore the club must be punished by that governing body and sporting sanctions are all that are available.

Take a bow, Malcolm Rodgers.

0_ERtKnzvWAAImsD7.jpg

To reveal and relive the unimaginable horrors you went through at the hands of those beasts took immense courage.

We are all in awe of you!
Not ashamed to say I shed a tear or two watching this. Can’t imagine the amount of courage it took for him to speak out.

I will admit that I want that club dead. They and the SNP are responsible for a poison that has crept into our society. I hope that every person that this has affected get what they deserve. Money for a life ruined seems almost crass to me. That club needs destroyed

Genuine question from a stateside expat; here there is a mechanism for censoring or removing a judge for obviously biased or insufficient sentences. Is there such a thing in the UK?

Yeah they get moved to The House of Lords by the looks of things!

Can't believe a lot more was not made of the judges sentence of only 12 months to Bill Kelly for 14 counts of abuse over 22 years! WTF! There should have been a national uproar over such a sentence and still should be. I'm still shocked and disgusted that can be remotely justified. Should have been a media outcry on a sentence like that. I can't understand it. If that's the sort of justice the victims are getting I could understand any possible hesitancy in coming forward. Terrible.

I read this morning that the site worker who drove a JCB through a newly built Travel Lodge as he hadn't been paid in over a month (on a weekly wage) by the contractors during a period where he was clinically depressed got a 5 year jail sentence.

This country is bonkers when it comes to sentencing for people who sexually abuse children.

I read this morning that the site worker who drove a JCB through a newly built Travel Lodge as he hadn't been paid in over a month (on a weekly wage) by the contractors during a period where he was clinically depressed got a 5 year jail sentence.

This country is bonkers when it comes to sentencing for people who sexually abuse children.
Under the Tories, property is sacrosanct. It has always been the way !
From being hung for stealing sheep in the old days to dismantling a few bits of bricks and mortar nowadays ! Taking the law into your own hands is taboo, regardless of the justification.

This excerpt from the Record is mind blowing to me. I’ve been reluctant to join in with any boycott of specific media, but this smacks of blatant insider stuff. The Record attempts to paint this Celtc statement positively, saying that they are apologetic!!! How any journalist can say that is beyond me.

They are obviously working with Celtc and I’m done with them now!!!

The club rounds off its statement by apologising to the victims.

It continued: "In summary, these are historic issues, which the Club is dealing with in a responsible manner and in conjunction with its advisers.

"The Club reiterates its sincere sympathy, regret and sorrow for those affected.

"As we have said repeatedly, the Club will stand by its responsibilities, respecting the due process of law."

They are getting humped, of that there is no doubt now, they are just trying to minimise the cost... Despicable coonts!

It goes without saying that the victims come first in this. Compensation and some kind of closure is the least they deserve. However if an SFA enquiry says Celtic must take the blame then surely sporting sanctions must follow? This is not whataboutery or trying to even the score over what happened to us. It's quite simple - a sporting institution has been found guilty of heinous crimes by the body that governs it. Therefore the club must be punished by that governing body and sporting sanctions are all that are available.
Let's take the recent charge against us for bringing the game into disrepute.
We are being charged for two players making gestures on the pitch during a highly charged derby match.

The idea of them at the very least not having brought the game into disrepute by allowing 50 years of child abuse is unthinkable.

Whereas in England, Barry Bennell got 30 years.

Under the Tories, property is sacrosanct. It has always been the way !
From being hung for stealing sheep in the old days to dismantling a few bits of bricks and mortar nowadays ! Taking the law into your own hands is taboo, regardless of the justification.
So pray tell how these victims being discussed are being treated by the Scottish government?

You've come in with your dig at the Tories, when will the first minister or her justice minister speak about the paedo ring on their doorstep?

Soft sentencing north of the border, the norm so as when a judge politician or officer of the law gets drawn into the equation, they will get similar time .

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I reckon that there's hasn't even been one book written or published on this horrific scandal, despite the multitude of crimes involved.

Genuine question from a stateside expat; here there is a mechanism for censoring or removing a judge for obviously biased or insufficient sentences. Is there such a thing in the UK?
In short the answer is no.

The crown can appeal against a sentence if they are of the opinion that it is unduly lenient however this IIRC is a relatively new development and I doubt very much it was in place at the time of the remarks in question.

The judiciary in Scotland are supposedly independent from political interference (no laughing please).

Someone very close to me suffered abuse as a child, and as we watched that tonight I could see her visibly trembling, I’m fortunate enough to have had a relatively benign upbringing from that perspective.

watching her and the gent on the telly Tears lumps from the soul, and I genuinely mean it when I say it that I don’t give a %^*& what creed, colour, god or team you align to, abuse is abuse and the bastards deserve strung up. The hours days and weeks of abuse are nothing in comparison to the life sentence of recollection the survivors need to endure.
Sad. And the more the abusers and enablers deny any wrongdoing and cover their allies and enablers the worse it must be for the victims. If only we had a caring and determined government and justice system we might get some closure and comfort for victims seeing these evil bastards,who are walking free amongst us, locked up making the world a safer place.

Back