Alex Thomson Ch4 - Investigating Celtic Boys Club

Of course we will be mentioned/dragged into this cos that's what this twat is all about bur if we as a club are guilty of anything untoward,we will deal with it in the right and proper manner.
There are people on here ,who have probably unearthed more damning evidence than thompson which is being collated for use at a later date,as we seek justice for all the victims of this club of depravity.
Perfect Kids went through their football factorys conveyor belt and came out the other end as broken human beings,traumatised for life due to their systematic abuse at the hands of their paedophile ring.

Perfectly put T. ;)

Exactly right. This is not an issue where it should be some sort of tit for tat / whataboutery thing. If we have done something wrong somewhere along the way then we need to hold our hands up and learn any lessons there are to learn to ensure that there is never a repeat. As it happens, all I have ever heard of our involvement with Neeley or whatever he was called is that we did exactly what we should have done, including reporting him to the police. But if there are things we should have done better then so be it, let's learn the lessons.

We all know, however, that there is one particular club that will be sitting very uncomfortably in relation to all of this. And all the obfuscation attempts in the world are not going to detract from that.

There is a danger that the tit for tat will be to help Celtic. Like: "it happened at all clubs", "Rangers had paedos too", "there is no evidence that Rangers reported it to the police", "Hibs knew they had one and did nothing" and so on. However no evidence is provided. Just general statements to help Celtic.

The evidence condemns Celtic - 6 convictions. Multiple cases of abuse.

So correct, no tit for tat. No gossip. Evidence - police - action - convictions - closure.

The only thing that matters is the victims get justice and the guilty get punished.
If we as a club did anything wrong then we need to pay.
But we know 100% their club was a cesspit of paedophilia and that needs told to the world so the right outcome can happen.

Exactly right. This is not an issue where it should be some sort of tit for tat / whataboutery thing. If we have done something wrong somewhere along the way then we need to hold our hands up and learn any lessons there are to learn to ensure that there is never a repeat. As it happens, all I have ever heard of our involvement with Neeley or whatever he was called is that we did exactly what we should have done, including reporting him to the police. But if there are things we should have done better then so be it, let's learn the lessons.

We all know, however, that there is one particular club that will be sitting very uncomfortably in relation to all of this. And all the obfuscation attempts in the world are not going to detract from that.

Correct Ald.

I'd like to say that this will blow the whole 'cover up' that Celtic have been so keen to endorse but, given Thomson's previous hatred for Rangers and it's support, I think it is more likely that it will be Timmy propaganda.

Gaz

I’m still incredibly wary of Thomson and his role in this, I just can’t see it being the hatchet job on Celtic that so many want.

He is a personal friend of Mad Phil, friendly with the Hag, he regularly engages with all manner of Celtic friendly journalists. The filth on twitter generally think he is a great guy, Rangers fans think he an arsehole, Thomson himself is acutely aware of this.

I think it might be a mitigation piece on their behalf, showing what they claim they have done and do to prevent abuse. It won’t go near victims, unless the victim thinks they have changed and are all good now.

Ignore the whataboutery from the vermin online. This is about to explode in their faces big time and they know it. The facts are about to be laid bare and pretty soon it will become clear what type of football club they support.
They could have went down another road but as soon as they dreamt up the separate entity nonsense they were doomed.

Hopefully the main thing to come out of this will be justice for the many victims.

If Rangers, Hibs, Hearts are involved so be it. Get an open investigation going outside Scotland government control. I have no faith in our justice minister. Think of the victims.

Is how you react to such things. Inviting the paedophiles back into employment to re abuse is the story that needs told.
Not only that, but how did Torbett get the MD's job at Fairbridge in Scotland? A charity for young vulnerable people. One McAfferty was involved in too. Celtic paedophiles diversifying into charities for the young and vulnerable. Shouldn't Celtic have said something! They would have certainly known he'd been employed by Fairbridge. Did Celtic provide Torbett with a reference? How did McAfferty get his job with Fairbridge?
There is so much scandal rippling out from Celtic Boys club. Investigations should be extended to find out exactly how far it went, and find out all who were in in the paedophile ring.

Going by his ‘previous’ the cynic in me says whitewash. I foresee the SFA getting the blame.

I doubt it will be able to go into it in any great detail or damning depth given the evidence being compiled on behalf of the victims still hasn’t reached court yet, but anything that exposes what’s been going on at that vile institution can only be a positive.

In an online article in the Scottish Sun about Channel 4 running the documentary: "Both Channel 4 and Celtic have been approached for comment by the Scottish Sun." They really don't see the irony do they. The Scottish Sun and the whole of the newspaper industry up here could have investigated this at any time in the last 20 years but have chosen not to. None of us know what the Alex Thomson/C4 angles will be but at least they have had the balls to investigate and are going to run a documentary.

I’m still incredibly wary of Thomson and his role in this, I just can’t see it being the hatchet job on Celtic that so many want.

He is a personal friend of Mad Phil, friendly with the Hag, he regularly engages with all manner of Celtic friendly journalists. The filth on twitter generally think he is a great guy, Rangers fans think he an arsehole, Thomson himself is acutely aware of this.
Another way of looking at it is, was he just trying to gain their trust? Is this him now with his big make or break story

There is a danger that the tit for tat will be to help Celtic. Like: "it happened at all clubs", "Rangers had paedos too", "there is no evidence that Rangers reported it to the police", "Hibs knew they had one and did nothing" and so on. However no evidence is provided. Just general statements to help Celtic.

The evidence condemns Celtic - 6 convictions. Multiple cases of abuse.

So correct, no tit for tat. No gossip. Evidence - police - action - convictions - closure.

And NO OTHER CLUB KNOWINGLY RE EMPLOYED A PAEDOPHILE. Don’t forget that bit Flootbon.

There was no interest in investigating this crap until there were links to paedophiles at other clubs.

And it’s pretty f’n clear that while there are, unfortunately, paedophiles in a lot of places... THEY KNEW of what was going on. Other clubs found out and took action. THEY didn’t.

Not only that, but how did Torbett get the MD's job at Fairbridge in Scotland? A charity for young vulnerable people. One McAfferty was involved in too. Celtic paedophiles diversifying into charities for the young and vulnerable. Shouldn't Celtic have said something! They would have certainly known he'd been employed by Fairbridge. Did Celtic provide Torbett with a reference? How did McAfferty get his job with Fairbridge?
There is so much scandal rippling out from Celtic Boys club. Investigations should be extended to find out exactly how far it went, and find out all who were in in the paedophile ring.

And the SRC also gave Torbett’s company a fucking grant too, so let’s not ignore local governments support, as well as these SNP lowlives.

The SFA, Scottish government need taken to task also. They have turned a blind eye and put their fingers in their ears. Our justice secretary should be taken to court and asked to explain his actions.

A full independent outside Scotland influence investigation should be taking place. There is so much evidence that points towards a large paedophile ring operating from celtic park. But just like the catholic church we allow cannon law to take precedent. But its celtic law in this case. Allow themselves to investigate.
I would only be guessing as to the content of his reports but would be amazed if he's not going to do some finger pointing at the SFA & Coonty Council of Scoatlan and its collective and continuing failure to act.

Another way of looking at it is, was he just trying to gain their trust? Is this him now with his big make or break story

I doubt that to be honest, it’s really not his exposé either, the story has always been there, it’s been circling for decades.

Im intrigued to see what his angle is but I genuinely don't think Celtic will be crucified.

The tweet does state Celtic in particular. It is filmed outside Celtic Park. It's going to be primarily about Celtic.

Why now ? What new evidence ? Is it new evidence about Celtic ? Or Scottish football ? Or us ?
Hope it does focus on them but I think its going to be more of a broadbrush thing.

The only thing that matters is the victims get justice and the guilty get punished.
If we as a club did anything wrong then we need to pay.
But we know 100% their club was a cesspit of paedophilia and that needs told to the world so the right outcome can happen.
The thing is, paedophiles will always try to surround themselves with kids and therefore opportunity. Sadly I doubt this will ever change or disappear from society.

The irrefutable evidence points to an organised ring being operated within Celtc. Whichever entity they wish to claim is responsible.

The same evidence clearly points to the subsequent cover up.

As despicable as paedophillia is, the horrendous aspect to this story is the numbers at Separate Entity FC who suspected, knew, allowed and enabled.

This is where inquiries, investigations and reports must ultimately lead to.

The fact it's being edited is no doubt to suit those within that vile organisation

This is my fear, it was rumoured to be going out on Fridays c4 news but it got pulled at the last minute. No doubt Celtic got an interim interdict slapped on C4. I’m concerned they’ve pulled all the punches and then extended it to cover all other clubs. This despite that rancid organisation having several convinced criminals in jail for their heinous crimes.

I’d also like to see an investigation as to why the Scottish main stream media have been allowed to ignore this for years.

I have a nagging doubt that this is an attempt by Hollicom/Thompson to put this to bed once and for all and avoid what they've always wanted to avoid, a full independent public enquiry.
This program could also serve to inhibit any future prosecutions which may arise.
Cynicism yes but not unfounded cynicism.

it will be to excuse them undoubtedly. show they are not as bad as the rumours suggest. They didnt know, was a separate boys club and so forth. If this guy does a hard hitting expose i`d be astonished.

This is my fear, it was rumoured to be going out on Fridays c4 news but it got pulled at the last minute. No doubt Celtic got an interim interdict slapped on C4. I’m concerned they’ve pulled all the punches and then extended it to cover all other clubs. This despite that rancid organisation having several convinced criminals in jail for their heinous crimes.

I’d also like to see an investigation as to why the Scottish main stream media have been allowed to ignore this for years.
It's being aired over 2/3 nights so would have been foolish to start on a Friday.

have a nagging doubt that this is an attempt by Hollicom/Thompson to put this to bed once and for all and avoid what they've always wanted to avoid, a full independent public enquiry.
This program could also serve to inhibit any future prosecutions which may arise.

Think you're reading too much into it.

If anything this will pile more pressure on Celtic and more calls for an inquiry.

I have a nagging doubt that this is an attempt by Hollicom/Thompson to put this to bed once and for all and avoid what they've always wanted to avoid, a full independent public enquiry.
I have asked if this an honest independent piece of journalism or whether he has met anyone at Hollicom.

Whether he answers or not is a different matter.

He put out a picture on twitter, with a picture of parkhead, not easter rd,fir park or Ibrox.

Whatever happened at the other clubs comes nowhere near what happened at celtic. 6 convictions, that's the ones who've been caught. No other club comes near that. That's not a rumour, that's fact.

There attempts to drag us into it actually make them look more pathetic than ever. Its whataoutery on steroids.

If we're named in all this,we should immediately put our hands up if true and deal with it like man city and chelsea done, whilst calling for an Independent enquiry uk wide.

The shit that pretends to be the media in this country chose to ignore it, The choice was theirs and theirs alone.

I'll believe it when I see it. We'll probably get shoehorned into it somehow.

If we do, we do, so be it. If there are skeletons in the cupboard then let's get them out.

But only one club has had 4 convicted paedophiles this year alone. Lyness Malley has also been questioned with another paedophile allegedly on the run.

Throw in the Celtic View Photographer, John Cullen, who was found guilty years ago and you have the full house!

Surely if you want to tackle the nation's paedophile past, you don't start with Filth FC disgusting as they are, but with the paedophile enablers on a global scale, the huge worldwide organisation that has covered these disgusting predatory crimes up on an industrial scale and whose agents have damaged more children in Scotland than any other group could ever conceivably manage?
Or is this one organisation in Scotland that Channel 4 Four and the irrelevant Thompson would never dare touch?

I'll give you the answer to that. Watched a programme last night where a certain state turned journalists into civil servants.

I give you Josef goebbels and the nazi party

Told to ignore it, not allowed. Also, because big numbers in the Scottish media these days are sympathisers, they had no inclination. Its not that difficult to hide something for a generation if you are able to control the news outlets. They have almost done it but maybe, just maybe, they arent quite there. The jailings are their Achilles heel. I'd hope Ch4 is re-examining the whole shebang, realise they fecked up previously - but maybe not if they are using the same journo.

Every single programme, documentary of film is edited. Think you are reading a bit much into that or I am not interpreting your joke.
Based on the rumours of them getting an injunction on the programme. Well aware every programme goes through editing but if it was supposed to go out last night and they've stepped in, I don't think that is reading too much into it

Prediction: celtic was riddled with nonces, but they did everything they could to out them, including a recent internal investigation.

Look over here, other clubs had issues too.

I was a journalist for over three decades and this stinks to high heaven.

Exactly my thoughts, no doubt the outcome will be to exonerate separate entity, nothing to do with the club etc et. And the distraction technique of ‘look, look, over here’

Prediction: celtic was riddled with nonces, but they did everything they could to out them, including a recent internal investigation.

Look over here, other clubs had issues too.
A 2 year investigation that didn’t involve victims being interviewed. So more like new attempts to coverup more. If it was a legitimate internal investigation then the London stock exchange would have been notified. Which they weren’t and we know that.

Back