Alex Thomson Ch4 - Investigating Celtic Boys Club

I have a nagging doubt that this is an attempt by Hollicom/Thompson to put this to bed once and for all and avoid what they've always wanted to avoid, a full independent public enquiry.
This program could also serve to inhibit any future prosecutions which may arise.
Cynicism yes but not unfounded cynicism.

It’s not putting anything to bed C. Dan Gordon has been working on a documentary for years on this issue.

This is C4 trying to get in ahead of him to be deemed objective in my view.

Hopefully as mentioned previously justice finally arrives for the victims. The cynic in me says Celtic will shoulder the brunt of the blame with Scottish football and Rangers also being brought in to muddy the waters.

A lot of people on here want things to happen yesterday. Things dont work like that. How long did it take to expose the catholic church? It's being going on in that so called Christian organisation from about their beginning. The fact it has took till the closing years of the 20th century tells you this is no easy thing.

This is about the abused. People would do well to remember that.

What other "rings" were operating in the past in Scottish football?? I only know of one, that was sadly covered up.

He is going to imply it was a widespread issue and try and tar other clubs with the same "paedophile ring" nonsense.

Considering his two tweets about this have only shown Celtic, another one is him outside Thompson's solicitors, and he's mentioning rings it pretty clear who its all about.

For it to get 3 part on a national channel he must have something big that's interests whole UK.

Possible he has evidence of links to Bennel's ring down south.

Quick read of the replies is as expected.

What about Rangers?? Shameful disgusting scum

To all the lurkers in here. Well, what about Rangers ?
One paedo fobbed off to us by Hibs who knew about his sordid activities. Involved in one incident of a non sexual nature at Ibrox, sacked by the club and the incident reported to the Police.
So then, what about Rangers ?

Tomkins was critical but very careful with his choice of words

The beasts lawyers watching and listening to every word.

Very strange if the boys club are separate but that's been debunked time and again.
Since the Thompson thing came along then not one of celtics bloggers have mentioned a separate entity. All they mention is they are well insured. Have a look at this pathetic piece below if some haven’t already seen it....

Here’s another arse trying to be intelligent.

Last edited:
We should be investigated, along with every other sporting institution in Scotland that has had or have links to child abuse. Nobody should be exempt from this. A horrid and very unsavoury, seedy past this country has in regards to abusing our children. No wonder we have one of the worst cases of drug abuse, alcoholism, mental health and homelessness in Europe

Considering the number of things he dug up about us that never actually happened this assignment should a absolute doddle for him.

This has Hollicoms stinking paws all over it.

It will be damage limitation. Accept some culpability with the absolute aim of tarnishing everyone else so as to avoid them being the sole culparits.

Therefor avoiding the punishment they fully deserve. Which is closed down. Loss of footballing license. And Parkhead bull dozed.

When you think thats extreme. Think for a second what actually went on. Children, sexually abused.

Sickens me to the pit of my stomach

If they could choose who to cover this it would be him.

Hope he proves me wrong and shows some integrity but won't hold my breath

The hypocrisy of some of the replies by the Celtc minded to the Thomson tweet is nauseating.

Now they want full disclosure even though the evidence has been in the public domain for more than twenty years. They should have shown real concern for the child victims and spoken out at the outset, rather than their now finally realised faux concern. Many young boys could have been spared the attention of the plethora of paedophiles who wandered unmolested(sic) in the dressing rooms, training grounds, corridors and Directors box at Celtc.

I’m still incredibly wary of Thomson and his role in this, I just can’t see it being the hatchet job on Celtic that so many want.

He is a personal friend of Mad Phil, friendly with the Hag, he regularly engages with all manner of Celtic friendly journalists. The filth on twitter generally think he is a great guy, Rangers fans think he an arsehole, Thomson himself is acutely aware of this.

Classic Fifth Columnist activity.

I was a journalist for over three decades and this stinks to high heaven for me.
I really hope my senses are wrong for the sake of those victims who have cooperated with C4.
Thompson is clearly a Celtic fan with connections given his past reporting.
Certainly I recall that some senior C4 figures are also Celtic fans.
I fully expect Celtic to have had copious input into this ‘expose’ and that is why they are not screaming to the usual suspects.
My senses say that if they had not cooperated and had their say, then they would already be stories all over the Scottish press saying that they have been unfairly treated.
I also have no doubt they would have issued injunctions and leaked the details to their friends in the Scottish media.
However, it is possible that they know they can’t do anything about it and are just waiting for the smelly stuff to hit the fan.

A London based TV company’s senior ‘figure’ are celtic fans? Really? Who would that be then? No harm in naming them on here. And you were a journalist with CH4 when these senior ‘figures’ told you they were fans of celtic?

Right you are.

I was a journalist for over three decades and this stinks to high heaven for me.
I really hope my senses are wrong for the sake of those victims who have cooperated with C4.
Thompson is clearly a Celtic fan with connections given his past reporting.
Certainly I recall that some senior C4 figures are also Celtic fans.
I fully expect Celtic to have had copious input into this ‘expose’ and that is why they are not screaming to the usual suspects.
My senses say that if they had not cooperated and had their say, then they would already be stories all over the Scottish press saying that they have been unfairly treated.
I also have no doubt they would have issued injunctions and leaked the details to their friends in the Scottish media.
However, it is possible that they know they can’t do anything about it and are just waiting for the smelly stuff to hit the fan.
Rumour is Celtic tried to have this stoped and went to court over it .but as I said a rumour and nothing more.

If Rangers, Hibs, Hearts are involved so be it. Get an open investigation going outside Scotland government control. I have no faith in our justice minister. Think of the victims.

Is how you react to such things. Inviting the paedophiles back into employment to re abuse is the story that needs told.
If we have something to hide, which there is no real indication we do, then you're right that we need to accept any investigation that comes our way if it goes someway to busting everything open. However if this thing tries to pass Celtics history off as a problem with Scottish football as a whole then that is something to be taking issue with.

It seems unthinkable that these crimes have received the treatment, or lack of, that they have especially in light of what's happened in the uk in the last 5 years or so

Sorry mate. I’m not sure. It was scheduled for March to coincide with the end of the SFA inquiry. I’m not sure if that’s still the case as I know they are still interviewing.
Surely this is a good thing and with ch4 news doing a piece on it, this will draw national attention to it, which will make more people interested to watch the actual documentary itself.

If Rangers, Hibs, Hearts are involved so be it. Get an open investigation going outside Scotland government control. I have no faith in our justice minister. Think of the victims.

Is how you react to such things. Inviting the paedophiles back into employment to re abuse is the story that needs told.
This for me. Anyone who has ever worked for us that is highlighted in this needs dealt with and we will deal with it the right way.
We along with every other club except them, will stand up and deal with this the way it should be dealt with. We all know they most certainly won’t, because the hole goes MUCH MUCH deeper with them and they know it.

If the Ch4 program is mostly about bheast fc and a bit about us and the rest of Scottish football then that should be fair. However, if its portrayed as a general Scottish football problem then Thomson needs to be hunted. Bheast fc have far more to answer for than the rest of the clubs and it is their cover ups that must be highlighted/investigated, though we must accept a light should be shone on our own affairs.

Back