Alex Thomson Ch4 - Investigating Celtic Boys Club

Surely this is a good thing and with ch4 news doing a piece on it, this will draw national attention to it, which will make more people interested to watch the actual documentary itself.
This has been our aim for the past 2 years. To get it on the world stage what cfc have done and covered up. We were the ones that also got the case reopened in America. What’s coming on c4 will show the rest of the U.K. what that lot stand for. It’s another step in a long battle for the victims and families.

Why the sudden interest? It’s not like it’s been a Big secret? Maybe he should have paid more attention and started asking questions when the Scottish Governments own investigation decided to omit sporting & religious institutions so not to damage the Snazis drive for independence

The Celtc Chairman, Kevin Kelly, their Manager Jock Stein, their club captain Billy McNeil, all knew of the horrific crimes committed against children and young people. They all also refused to contact the police. Sick individuals.

The Celtc Chairman, Kevin Kelly, their Manager Jock Stein, their club captain Billy McNeil, all knew of the horrific crimes committed against children and young people. They all also refused to contact the police. Sick individuals.
Tommy Burns was quick to defend one of them as well

Hopefully as mentioned previously justice finally arrives for the victims. The cynic in me says Celtic will shoulder the brunt of the blame with Scottish football and Rangers also being brought in to muddy the waters.

Well Neely was at Hibs & us. And the pervert Dunn too.

The SFA, Scottish government need taken to task also. They have turned a blind eye and put their fingers in their ears. Our justice secretary should be taken to court and asked to explain his actions.

A full independent outside Scotland influence investigation should be taking place. There is so much evidence that points towards a large paedophile ring operating from celtic park. But just like the catholic church we allow cannon law to take precedent. But its celtic law in this case. Allow themselves to investigate.
The SFA haven’t turn a blind eye they are up to their own necks in their own mess. They are just like the Tim’s.

Considering his two tweets about this have only shown Celtic, another one is him outside Thompson's solicitors, and he's mentioning rings it pretty clear who its all about.

For it to get 3 part on a national channel he must have something big that's interests whole UK.

Possible he has evidence of links to Bennel's ring down south.

That may be because there ARE links.

Wonder if Savile will be linked with this ring. I'm genuinely stumped that Britain's most notorious paedophile is pictured at a boys football event organised by Celtic FC and yet no one in the media have mentioned it.

There is a picture of him with Jock Stein (who knew) and some priest who was also done for sexual abuse.
Seems to have been completely swept under the carpet - nothing to report here. Sinister or what?

Tomkins was critical but very careful with his choice of words

The beasts lawyers watching and listening to every word.

Very strange if the boys club are separate but that's been debunked time and again.

He did say to Tomkins at the end, please keep us updated on this & genuinely seemed disgusted to me PP.

Wonder if Savile will be linked with this ring. I'm genuinely stumped that Britain's most notorious paedophile is pictured at a boys football event organised by Celtic FC and yet no one in the media have mentioned it.

There is a picture of him with Jock Stein (who knew) and some priest who was also done for sexual abuse.
Seems to have been completely swept under the carpet - nothing to report here. Sinister or what?

There are pictures of Savile with a group of them, including Kevin Kelly mate.

I'll give you the answer to that. Watched a programme last night where a certain state turned journalists into civil servants.

I give you Josef goebbels and the nazi party
Meanwhile. at Westminster, we have a journalist PM who has already started to limit press freedoms and dictate to the national broadcasting corporation !

'Those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it. ' Churchill 1948

Based on the rumours of them getting an injunction on the programme. Well aware every programme goes through editing but if it was supposed to go out last night and they've stepped in, I don't think that is reading too much into it
Damning if true ! They should start with that - 'This is not he programme we intended to bring you because .....'

It's really doesn't matter how he presents it. It at last is coming out. If it doesn't put us in a good light I'm sure our club will be ready. The fact that it is coming out will then snowball, and all roads lead to Rome eventually as they say. The victims will start taking hope from it, God bless them

I actually hope if he references us our club comes out and says they'll do what they can to a support an independent enquiry to support victims.

Imagine how it'll look when celtic the say nothing about it, or if they do come out and support it it'll start unravelling.

They'd be in the shit either way.

I can’t stand Thomson and his pathetic reporting on us previously he is certainly no friend of ours. However I will give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. He is not a fan of them by any stretch and he is a self serving journalist. If he thinks he can have a major expose for his career then he will not think twice about going all in. He has already twice posted up at their stadium and made sure everyone is aware they are the main story here. I have no doubt that we and other clubs will he mentioned but I think this will mainly about their despicable past and exactly what we’ve been calling for. Thomson gives me the impression of someone who would throw his own gran under a bus to better his journalistic career and reputation so I have no doubt he would think twice about exposing a team he had no allegiance with until they invited him to their games when he was investigating us.

For me, any other club with there history of child abuse would have been closed down/ demoted.

Nothing of note has happened to them, and I’m not sure anything ever will- it will be very interesting to see what happens after this has been viewed

This has been our aim for the past 2 years. To get it on the world stage what cfc have done and covered up. We were the ones that also got the case reopened in America. What’s coming on c4 will show the rest of the U.K. what that lot stand for. It’s another step in a long battle for the victims and families.
People on here and in general, need to get ideas of revenge on them, out their heads and I say this as being guilty of these thoughts myself.

After reading the many posts on here, I've came to appreciate how difficult the whole process is. It's in a similar vein to the fight that has gone on with the vatican and look at the world wide work that took. There's been some ridiculous posts on here, like questioning the solicitors football allegiance and wishing he would get a move on. That's not on

For those on here who indulge these people on Twitter or whatever. Instead of just going on and calling them paedos,every time they bring rangers into it, just keep replying to them that we as a support welcome this and if found to be fact, we'll put our hands up and deal with it, not hush it up. Believe me, they won't want to hear that.

As for hollicom, they seem to have almost mythical status on here. They're just a pr company who can only divert so much bad news. They can maybe twist the facts a bit, but they cant tell outright lies or they will be in trouble themselves.

Surely this is a good thing and with ch4 news doing a piece on it, this will draw national attention to it, which will make more people interested to watch the actual documentary itself.
Youd think in principle that it would be a good thing, I cant imagine any way they can spin their way out of it, the volume of victims who have spoken out should be unsilenceable.

However the fact that so many on here are wary of this leaves some doubt about it

Probably show them in a positive light rather than the corrupt, disgusting club they are.

Exactly this. This clown has proven he’s a 19th Century Terrorist sympathising piece of shit. He’ll have agreed to do this so he can either distance the beasts from it or show it was a wider football problem.

go on you lowlife cu.nt, prove me wrong.

For me, any other club with there history of child abuse would have been closed down/ demoted.

Nothing of note has happened to them, and I’m not sure anything ever will- it will be very interesting to see what happens after this has been viewed

There’s more to come. If you read @BlueNose94 recent post you would know that there is a major documentary in filming right now that will be much bigger & longer than this.

Exactly this. This clown has proven he’s a 19th Century Terrorist sympathising piece of shit. He’ll have agreed to do this so he can either distance the beasts from it or show it was a wider football problem.

go on you lowlife cu.nt, prove me wrong.
This guy is also a senior reporter who has a chance to be bang in the middle of one of the biggest stories in Scottish history and I don't mean just football.

People on here and in general, need to get ideas of revenge on them, out their heads and I say this as being guilty of these thoughts myself.

After reading the many posts on here, I've came to appreciate how difficult the whole process is. It's in a similar vein to the fight that has gone on with the vatican and look at the world wide work that took. There's been some ridiculous posts on here, like questioning the solicitors football allegiance and wishing he would get a move on. That's not on

For those on here who indulge these people on Twitter or whatever. Instead of just going on and calling them paedos,every time they bring rangers into it, just keep replying to them that we as a support welcome this and if found to be fact, we'll put our hands up and deal with it, not hush it up. Believe me, they won't want to hear that.

As for hollicom, they seem to have almost mythical status on here. They're just a pr company who can only divert so much bad news. They can maybe twist the facts a bit, but they cant tell outright lies or they will be in trouble themselves.
I agree with you. The way people go on about Hollicom does make you cringe sometimes.

The “journalist” investigating this means that our name will be mentioned a few times during this documentary.

There’s no doubt this scumbag will shoehorn us into this investigation.
He can attempt that all he wants.
If Rangers have something to hide then lets get it out there and deal with it.

There's a reason football clubs are excluded from the snps historical child abuse investigation.

That reason most definitely isn't Rangers.

Feels like a muck shifting operation. Given this has been in the public domain for some time, it just feels a bit fishy.

That’s said, anyone found guilty of the law should have the book thrown at them. He needs to be certain he’s not damaging names without solid proof.

Meanwhile. at Westminster, we have a journalist PM who has already started to limit press freedoms and dictate to the national broadcasting corporation !

'Those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it. ' Churchill 1948
Why bring westminster into it? and by the way, regarding the national broadcaster, hes quite right. When they start to become impartial again, then I'm ok with that. Cheating rangers fans who's only way to listen to the game would have been through our national broadcaster,is not being impartial.

If you have any influence within Holyrood, go and question them regarding the justice ministers silence.

Feels like a muck shifting operation. Given this has been in the public domain for some time, it just feels a bit fishy.

That’s said, anyone found guilty of the law should have the book thrown at them. He needs to be certain he’s not damaging names without solid proof.

But remember in the recent times there have been more convictions LMS.

And the statement from McCafferty with respect to Bennell.

That turns it from limited paedos being caught to a whole systematic & organised paedophile ring.

Thomson has used that phrase now.

Youd think in principle that it would be a good thing, I cant imagine any way they can spin their way out of it, the volume of victims who have spoken out should be unsilenceable.

However the fact that so many on here are wary of this leaves some doubt about it
Listen mate, if the police went into parkhead with a warrant to search the premises, plenty on here would say there just doing it to hide any evidence they may find. Along with sending gerrard back down the road.

There are a few posters on here regarding this, who know what's happening and can only detail so much. They're the ones to pay attention to.

Well somehow be brought into it, so I certainly won’t be getting my hopes up.

Watch all the Celtic fans ask for us to be punished even though we’re a “new club”. Bunch of fannies

Why bring westminster into it? and by the way, regarding the national broadcaster, hes quite right. When they start to become impartial again, then I'm ok with that. Cheating rangers fans who's only way to listen to the game would have been through our national broadcaster,is not being impartial.

If you have any influence within Holyrood, go and question them regarding the justice ministers silence.

He's an snp voter so zero chance of that.

The cynicism on here is soul destroying. I understand it and in many ways it is justified but it's still sad to witness nonetheless.

We've seen our club dragged through hell and back and hindered and demonised at every turn just for existing, while another club in the same city is helped, promoted and protected by the very organisations supposed to be responsible for fairness and equality for all in society, despite them being guilty of heinous crimes against that society as a whole, never mind their own sub section of it. It is FUBAR. There's no denying it.

But lets get real here. Alex Thomson has said some stupid things and has been no friend of ours, at least he wasn't in the past (although surely he must be seeing the light now). But nonetheless, he's not working in isolation here. Whole management and production teams will be involved. Researchers, journalists, cameramen, producers; decent men and women, parents from outside the goldfish bowl. I can only imagine the amount of information they have received over the years especially given his hypocricy and comments about EBT being worse than abuse. Ch 4 will have been inundated with complaints and proof of the truth. Do you really think that all these people will be party to a whitewash here? Given the nature and extent of the crimes?

No way. It's more likely that his bosses have ordered Thomson to do this or, and I actually think this is a possibilty, he has seen the error of his ways and realised just how wrong he has been. If he now knows what we know, and he should, then perhaps he will start to understand the anger and frustration from the side of Glasgow that he thought of as the enemy. It's funny how different your perspective can be from the inside when all you've had to go on from the outside is agenda driven hyperbole distributed by a corrupt media that you have no reason to distrust. It's too easy for us to be dismissed as football rivals, fanatics, bigots. Thats why it's so important that outsiders are invited to see and report this for themselves.

So, if Thomson is reporting this honestly we have to give him the benefit of the doubt, and be prepared to accept him as an ally moving forward, forgiving the sins of the past, if he truly has turned over a new leaf. We shall see.

Back