Alexander: 3 points if it wasnt for an offside goal

Watching live my first thought was offside so I rewound it, played it back and changed my mind. Had we scored it I wouldn’t have considered it offside. We were caught asleep.
Wasn't offside. If it had got to Campbell it was, but Cole got in first from an onside position

EDIT - just saw it again and even Campbell wasn't offside so fair goal

Last edited:
That ugly scruffy bastard is very much one of our own!

It’s a tight call and I wouldn’t like to say either way. When as close as that I’d always give the attacker the benefit of doubt

Same linesman never flagged when Motherwell player appeared to be well off when they had a tame header in first half

I don't care if he's 'one of our own'. I support Rangers and like to see things from a Rangers perspective.
I'm not on here to hero worship players or managers from other teams, irrespective of their reported loyalties.
FFS, ex players of ours are routinely pulled up on here for less than complimentary things they've said about my club.
It's all about the Rangers. :)

Last edited:
Offside applies to any part of the body you can play the ball with, Itten's upper body looks about level with the last Motherwell player but Itten is sticking his leg out towards the goal which could be offside, from that photo we can't actually see the last Motherwell player's leg, maybe he is also sticking his leg out too keeping Itten onside.

If there was VAR I think it would be a close one, it would all depend it that Motherwell number 11 was also sticking his leg out, but we can't see from the camera angles in the photos seen in this thread.
also on this - I haven't seen a straight angle yet. All the views I've seen are slightly angled and would make Itten look more off than he was. On balance I'd say it was onside. Just.

5iQRFKC.jpg

also on this - I haven't seen a straight angle yet. All the views I've seen are slightly angled and would make Itten look more off than he was. On balance I'd say it was onside. Just.

Exactly, there is no conclusive evidence it was offside because we haven't seen an angle directly from the side, likewise there is no conclusive evidence it was onside, it seems too tight to call from the angles we have available.

Maybe when the SPFL release the highlights of the game on their youtube channel they might have a clearer angle.

He’s talking shit about our goal being offside but it could’ve been all 3 points to a team of absolute dross had big Cedric missed that chance. We dominated for most of the game but goals are everything and the story of today’s performance was one of lethargy, sloppiness with lots of stray passes, over playing it in the final third and repeatedly working it out wide to Tav and Borna to fire hopeful crosses into a packed Motherwell box. A draw isn’t a disaster, far from it but it’s annoying it took us up the 52nd minute to register a shot at their goal and we didn’t manage to beat a team that’s struggling and was sitting bottom of the table.

Just to be clear, the thread title isn't what Alexander said. He stated a 'potentially' offside goal. Like everybody else, he'd only seen the still photo Sky were using at that stage.
Which isn’t a still of when the ball is kicked. Just paused it on RTV As Borna delivers the cross and Gallagher definitely playing him on.

It wasn't offside. Simple as that. Alexander is a wanker and his team are woeful - just a shame they weren't woeful enough that we could get past them.

You hear people moaning about anti-football teams. Motherwell are the pure definition of it. Is there even a decent footballer amongst them? The time wasting, delays on every single move - you'd be luck if there was 15 mins per half of actual gameplay with the length of time it took them to do anything. Apart from against Celtic I want them to get absolutely fucking destroyed every game - although, that would make our performance look even worse I suppose.

Really? Didn't know that.
I’ve never actually seen these, but according to a few posters he’s done interviews where he’s mentioned.

A poster on here also knows his family who have confirmed, & Kevin Kyle was talking the other on OG about Alexander being a bear.

So I’m taking that as he’s a good guy :))

Don’t these twats in the media understand that we do not have VAR so no matter of analysis, line drawing or hypothesising is going to do anything

They are simply wasting their time trying to look clever.

Reactions: WBD
Don’t these twats in the media understand that we do not have VAR so no matter of analysis, line drawing or hypothesising is going to do anything

They are simply wasting their time trying to look clever.
That's my point. If VAR wasn't a thing. This would not be getting discussed. Before it, if the man was in line he was on. Now we are looking at feet and shoulders!! FFS how is a linesman supposed to clock that?!?! Load of nonsense

Amazingly, I'm sure he (Alexander) stated that he was referring to a still photograph rather than a video - I stand open for correction on that !

Looked borderline offside but these things even themselves out over the season is that not what they said when Hibs scored an offside goal against ourselves?

Every goal we score seems to be getting overly analysed. Last week they wanted to change the rules for the red card, before that Ajer could run like Usain Bolt to cover Bitons foul on Alfie, two clear handballs at Fir Park last time never penalties, I could go on.

You cant say that's offside as the camera is not inline with the players. It's at an angle and therefore the perspective of the camera is incorrect.

Is this their wee ned section?

Looks like a few rows of seats have been removed. Is this in response to their numerous unpunished attacks on our players?
Yes,that’s where the wee boyz throw stuff from.

Reactions: GF1
Absolutely creasing myself yesterday when he came away with that.

At no time during the game, or after it during the analysis, was Itten anywhere near offside.

A disrepute charge should be on it's way to the new coach at Murderwell surely?

At no time during the game, or after it during the analysis, was Itten anywhere near offside.

A disrepute charge should be on it's way to the new coach at Murderwell surely?
We are still waiting on Lennon’s!

never offside both our goal and motherwells goal was scored in to the same goal end theirs in the first half and ours in the second half.if you look at their goal again you will see they show a replay from a camera along the goal line and a camera hehind the goal.if Itten was offside they would have shown the same camera angles to prove it.

Looked borderline offside but these things even themselves out over the season is that not what they said when Hibs scored an offside goal against ourselves?

Every goal we score seems to be getting overly analysed. Last week they wanted to change the rules for the red card, before that Ajer could run like Usain Bolt to cover Bitons foul on Alfie, two clear handballs at Fir Park last time never penalties, I could go on.

Let's be perfectly honest and clear here, we've never ever won a game fairly and squarely.

Also, every rub of the green or benefit from a bad or biased ref that has ever gone to an opponent is, of course, fully justified and correct.

Because it's us.
Every time.

So, get it right fucking up the lot of them! B-D

never offside both our goal and motherwells goal was scored in to the same goal end theirs in the first half and ours in the second half.if you look at their goal again you will see they show a replay from a camera along the goal line and a camera hehind the goal.if Itten was offside they would have shown the same camera angles to prove it.

They showed that camera angle after the equalizer, defo inside.

We are still waiting on Lennon’s!
And we can add Jim Goodwin to that list, he was ranting about the handball prior to the St Johnstone goal and slaughtered the ref Steven McLean.

Watched Sportscene to hear what the "pundits" discuss the chances that Motherwell created as prompted by Stevie Thompson. First one they showed was a low trundler from Campbell about 25 yards out that Greegs would regard as a passback ( if he missed it altogether it was going past the post. Second was an overhit cross from the left that was knocked out for a goal kick beyond the far post with Borna between the Motherwell player ( Cole again I think ) and the goal - well covered. The third was the the goal and that was the sum total of the chances, all in the first half. Cue Michael STewart to react to the prompt by claiming Motherwell had plenty of opportunities going forward. They also discussed the possibility that it was in the Motherwell game plan to allow Rangers to get so many crosses into the box. I say "pundits" ?

Alexander said that he wasn't sure at the time but somebody showed him a video clip and a still after the game.

Presumably somebody on the Motherwell staff - if so no bias there then ?

Back