Alfie’s reaction to being substituted.

3 of us watched the game and we were all laughing at his reaction when he came off. Its what he does, he plays to the gallery. We would've been unhappy if he walked off smiling and cracking jokes

Don't mind this, but I would like the captain Tav to make sure all the subs know they are really not subs but extra first team players, coming off and on...if you understand what I mean...

It really was just striker who hadn’t scored and knew there were goals to be had against that sheep team today.

Being saved for Thursday and was probably told this in advance of the game ie game safe you are coming off but you know strikers rather lose the game providing they score than win and not score.

Hasn’t kicked his arse this year, and the goals are drying up. Lucky to keep his place on current form tbh

He should be disappointed at coming off. I would be disappointed if he wasn’t. But he shouldn’t be to hard on himself as he contributes to the team massively.
He’s dropping deep at times which means it causes the defender to decide whether to go with him or sit.
The goals will come.

Ally summed this up well in the commentary. It's a bit immature but a sign of good things re. his mentality.

The boy was dragging their centrehalf everywhere, watch the highlights he would pull him forward out the box loads of times. He played well and is doing a job for the team.

this is a poor comparison I know, but Alfie's game isn't just about goals now, its about dropping deep, dragging their defenders out to let others (Kent, Arfield, Roofe ) in behind, a bit like Firminho at Liverpool (a lazy comparison I know).

I don't take it a bad way his reaction. It's nothing personnel against Gerrard.

Should be win the league his smile will be as wide as every single one of us.

So Morelos played the same as everyone else. Got it.

I’m more than happy with the results and performances. There is nothing wrong with pointing out that a player hasn’t play well, is petulant or doesn’t fit the teams style however.
I think the thing is, you seem to focus on a negative. Have a day off mate, it's the best start we've had for over 50 years ffs.

When did Boyd say he played well? Anyone taking Ally’s opinions seriously needs help tbh. He showed during his time with us that he has no clue how to set up a team.

You will defend him regardless so it’s pointless even debating with you about him anymore.
Sorry mate but only thing this proves is that you pay as little attention to what I say on here as you obviously do to the games themselves. I’ve been highly critical of him over the last year so that’s a fib, he’s been more than deserving of a lot of the flak he’s taken.

He did a job for us today, a selfless job that created space for his team mates, he’s done this a number of times this season (a more withdrawn role). Now either you can’t see this because your grasp of the game doesn’t stretch beyond the basic “he didn’t score and misplaced some passes so he was shite” understanding of football or you know that what myself, the pundits and many others are talking about and once again just don’t want to see it because you can’t look past your personal dislike of Alfredo Morelos. I suspect it’s the latter going on your previous.

Sorry mate but only thing this proves is that you pay as little attention to what I say on here as you obviously do to the games themselves. I’ve been highly critical of him over the last year so that’s a fib, he’s been more than deserving of a lot of the flak he’s taken.

He did a job for us today, a selfless job that created space for his team mates, he’s done this a number of times this season (a more withdrawn role). Now either you can’t see this because your grasp of the game doesn’t stretch beyond the basic “he didn’t score and misplaced some passes so he was shite” understanding of football or you know that what myself, the pundits and many others are talking about and once again just don’t want to see it because you can’t look past your personal dislike of Alfredo Morelos. I suspect it’s the latter going on your previous.

He was poor today. He’s been poor for the entire year give take a couple of games here and there.

You have your opinion on Morelos, I have mine.

I don’t personally dislike Morelos. I just don’t think he’s as good as people make him out to be and I hate his petulant side.

We’re a better team without Morelos.

The idea that you understand football more than me and your thin digs at my knowledge say more about you than they do about me.

Morelos isn’t playing well at the moment, as I said earlier. The same people that are saying he is are the same people that were trying to convince us the Jack/Kamara midfield was working and the key to our success earlier in the season.

Last edited:
I think Alfie is one of the players who are better in front of a crowd. I think he feeds off the adoration he gets from the fans and who wouldn't miss 50,000 folk chanting your name.

He was poor today. He’s been poor for the entire year give take a couple of games here and there.

I don’t personally dislike Morelos. I just don’t think he’s as good as people make him out to be and I hate his petulant side.

The idea that you understand football more than me and your thin digs at my knowledge say more about you than they do about me.

Morelos isn’t playing well at the moment, as I said earlier. The same people that are saying he is are the same people that were trying to convince us the Jack/Kamara midfield was working and the key to our success earlier in the season.
A goal every second game for us would suggest otherwise.

He was subbed early and didn't score. No striker should be happy with that.
Agreed, and that's how it should be. He was expected to score today but his role is a bit different this season from last season. I think that his all round game has improved by not having to carry the goal scoring responsibility for the team and he will be very aware of that. but fair do's to him as his heart is in being an out and out striker. Last season when he was out of form we had nobody to step up and do the job that he was doing and maybe he has missed being the main man up front although I'd have thought that Defoe would educate him that in the all round contribution that he makes to the team makes him a better player both for himself and for the team.

W.A.T.P.

Last edited:
He knows he is not playing well and that showed in his reaction. Alfie is no prima donna

Since he joined us, He has one every second game, and despite you’re backtracking, you really don’t like him.

He has less than 50 league goals since he signed for us 3 and a half years ago.

He’s had 2 great six month spells during his time with us, the rest of it has been average at best.

I think he’s scored less than 10 goals in the second half of three combined seasons.

He’s been sent off 7/8/9? times?

He’s been dropped from squad on multiple occasions due to his attitude (either getting home late from international duty or not getting a move).

I do think he’s a talented player, I just don’t rate him as highly as others do. I think Roofe is a far better fit for our current team/system.

I still think we should’ve sold him for £16million. I still think we’ll regret knocking that money back.

I really dislike poor attitudes and I believe Morelos has a poor attitude most of the time.

I think he's just very disappointed. In being taken off and likely in himself for not doing more, or grabbing a goal. He did look quite huffy but I reckon that's just his coupon.

I think he’s playing just fine these past few weeks, not at his best on the ball but he’s fulfilling a role that’s working well for us, and I’ve never been a fan of the Jack/Kamara partnership so there’s another fib.

Most of what you’ve just said, if you genuinely believe it, strongly suggests to me you don’t quite get football beyond basic concept of needing to score more goals than the other team to win. Sorry about that, but that’s certainly how I see it from your over simplified and superficial take on our team.

You then step back and look at a lot of what you’ve written about Morelos previously, and the petty criticisms and put downs even when he was free scoring, and your take suddenly makes a lot more sense. Doesn’t make it any less a pile of bollocks mind, but I can certainly see why you’re choosing to say what you say.

But yes, you’ve got your opinion, the gaffer, the coaches, the pundits and a load of other folk have theirs and I’m sure that opinion won’t change even if he manages a goal a game between now and the seasons end.

Last edited:
I think he’s playing just fine these past few weeks, not at his best on the ball but he’s fulfilling a role that’s working well for us, and I’ve never been a fan of the Jack/Kamara partnership so there’s another fib.

Most of what you’ve just said, if you genuinely believe it, strongly suggests to me you don’t quite get football beyond basic concept of needing to score more goals than the other team to win. Sorry about that, but that’s certainly how I see it from your over simplified and superficial take on our team.

You then step back and look at a lot of what you’ve written about Morelos previously, and the petty criticisms and put downs even when he was free scoring, and your take suddenly makes a lot more sense. Doesn’t make it any less a pile of bollocks mind, but I can certainly see why you’re choosing to say what you say.

But yes, you’ve got your option, the gaffer, the coaches, the pundits and a load of other folk have theirs and I’m sure that opinion won’t change even if he manages a goal a game between now and the seasons end.

Your condescending tone about me not understanding football is just typical of you tbh. I understand the intricacies of football very well thanks very much.

I don’t even know why you continually quote me on Morelos threads anymore.

If I say he has a discipline problem, you say he doesn’t. If I say he has an attitude problem, you say he doesn’t. If I say he’s playing poorly, you say he’s not.

Just put me on ignore if I annoy you that much.

I swear this gets brought up everytime it occurs. He's a torn faced wee bastard at the best of times. He hates when he doesn't score and hates being subbed off. He wanted a goal(s). Hope he leathers Vertonghen on Thursday and score a few to see us through to the last 32.

He has less than 50 league goals since he signed for us 3 and a half years ago.

He’s had 2 great six month spells during his time with us, the rest of it has been average at best.

I think he’s scored less than 10 goals in the second half of three combined seasons.

He’s been sent off 7/8/9? times?

He’s been dropped from squad on multiple occasions due to his attitude (either getting home late from international duty or not getting a move).

I do think he’s a talented player, I just don’t rate him as highly as others do. I think Roofe is a far better fit for our current team/system.

I still think we should’ve sold him for £16million. I still think we’ll regret knocking that money back.

I really dislike poor attitudes and I believe Morelos has a poor attitude most of the time.
84 in 155 games, stop trying to belittle him by referring only to league goals.

He was very poor in the first half. He kept giving the ball away and he contributed directly to pretty much every Aberdeen attack.

I think Morelos has a poor attitude, I know a lot will disagree, but it’s my opinion.

I’m also not sure he’s technically good enough to play up front in this current Rangers team.
Yep he gave the ball away 3 times that set up their counter attacks but still put in a power of work, and to say he is not technically good enough to play up front in our team, is quite simply nonsense or at the very least a strange thing for a bear to say that watched our game today.

I would say 47 in 100 league games is decent too, considering his age & the team he played in 17/18.

Also plays less in the cannon fodder games (see Hamilton). Numbers can be used in many ways, I do it myself when I want to make a point.

But, you don’t even need the additional context to see his numbers are good.

Yep he gave the ball away 3 times that set up their counter attacks but still put in a power of work, and to say he is not technically good enough to play up front in our team, is quite simply nonsense or at the very least a strange thing for a bear to say that watched our game today.
That particular poster made his mind up about Morelos many moons ago.

That’s why you can’t have a proper discussion on Morelos with the guy and why you can’t take him seriously. He cherry picks statistics that suit his own agenda and uses them to talk down the player. It’s weird weird behaviour from a Rangers fan.

He’s “not technically good enough” and has a “poor attitude” and yet it irks him that I look at that and feel like he doesn’t get football. As far as his attitude goes, there were times last season where the rest of them were faltering and Morelos was the only one digging in, puffing the chest out and looking like a winner. I do think his head was turned by that Rennes bid but in generally he’s got the sort of attitude I want out players to have.

He's just gutted he didn't score like all good strikers are.

His overall game today was great, he really is so key to our game just now, link up play was superb.

Works his socks off does Alfie.
He's just gutted he didn't score like all good strikers are.

His overall game today was great, he really is so key to our game just now, link up play was superb.

Works his socks off does Alfie.

Of course mate.

He spent the biggest part of the game on the RHS rather than his default central position, but he showed for the ball constantly without getting what you would call a chance.

Your condescending tone about me not understanding football is just typical of you tbh. I understand the intricacies of football very well thanks very much.

I don’t even know why you continually quote me on Morelos threads anymore.

If I say he has a discipline problem, you say he doesn’t. If I say he has an attitude problem, you say he doesn’t. If I say he’s playing poorly, you say he’s not.

Just put me on ignore if I annoy you that much.

Because you continually post absolute nonsense about one of our best players in order to belittle him, that’s why I constantly quote you in his defence. And I can make my counter points and back them up, that’s not something you seem to be able to do without cherry picking numbers you want to acknowledge and ignoring others. I’d retreat a bit if you provided some decent arguments to back up your claims but I just never see any. And by the way it wasn’t that long ago you ran to quote me on a post when Morelos ended up in bother again so pot, kettle, black and all that.

You say he’s not “technically good enough” to play up front for us then you look at his record here relative to his age and some of the goals he’s scored against genuine quality sides in Europe and you’re somehow annoyed and perplexed at why someone would come off as condescending towards you? I’m not even trying to be condescending and I can say that with absolute honesty, it’s just very hard not come off that way when you’re talking to someone who’s made the claims you’ve just made about the player on this forum. But sure I’ll blank you, I’m betting a number will be doing similar if they haven’t already.

He’s like that when he has scored as well.

The lad wants to play, he wants to be on the pitch for the next chance to come. Saying that, his growing maturity as a team player was picking out Arfield with a lovely cross box pass instead of a low chance shot of his own.

As said, if he looked happy to get off the pitch we’d have more to worry about.

The difference in attitude between Alfredo & the much lauded Celtic striker is blatant.

Both want to move on, but only one wants to support his teammates, play every minute, and enjoy playing football.

And he’s wearing a blue jersey.

Because you continually post absolute nonsense about one of our best players in order to belittle him, that’s why I constantly quote you in his defence. And I can make my counter points and back them up, that’s not something you seem to be able to do without cherry picking numbers you want to acknowledge and ignoring others. I’d retreat a bit if you provided some decent arguments to back up your claims but I just never see any. And by the way it wasn’t that long ago you ran to quote me on a post when Morelos ended up in bother again so pot, kettle, black and all that.

You say he’s not “technically good enough” to play up front for us then you look at his record here relative to his age and some of the goals he’s scored against genuine quality sides in Europe and you’re somehow annoyed and perplexed at why someone would come off as condescending towards you? I’m not even trying to be condescending and I can say that with absolute honesty, it’s just very hard not come off that way when you’re talking to someone who’s made the claims you’ve just made about the player on this forum. But sure I’ll blank you, I’m betting a number will be doing similar if they haven’t already.

“cherry picking numbers”. So me now quoting stats is cherry picking numbers? I notice you didn’t try to refute any of the numbers I quoted.

I don’t think Morelos is a good player. Do you honestly watch him and think he’s a good technical player?

Morelos basically downed tools to the point where he was dropped and called out for it by the manager and you’re saying you think his head was turned by Lille.

You’ve got an idea that I hate Morelos, I don’t. I just don’t rate him anywhere near as highly as you, or others, do. There is nothing wrong with that.

You have to ask if all the bad with Morelos is worth the good. You think it is, I don’t think it is.

To try and be a condescending lady's front bottom about it when a lot of what I say is proven to be correct over and over about Morelos is weird behaviour.

“cherry picking numbers”. So me now quoting stats is cherry picking numbers? I notice you didn’t try to refute any of the numbers I quoted.

I don’t think Morelos is a good player. Do you honestly watch him and think he’s a good technical player?

Morelos basically downed tools to the point where he was dropped and called out for it by the manager and you’re saying you think his head was turned by Lille.

You’ve got an idea that I hate Morelos, I don’t. I just don’t rate him anywhere near as highly as you, or others, do. There is nothing wrong with that.

You have to ask if all the bad with Morelos is worth the good. You think it is, I don’t think it is.

To try and be a condescending lady's front bottom about it when a lot of what I say is proven to be correct over and over about Morelos is weird behaviour.
Yet, he’s still our main striker & has been for 4 seasons now. Alfie is the best ‘footballing’ striker we’ve had since Mols out with Jelavic, even then I don’t remember Jelavic spraying 40 yard passes (he may well have).

His point about cherry picking numbers is fairly obvious, you’ve select a sample that you think suits your narrative (which it doesn’t, as I outlined in post #137 with the numbers & context).

There is nothing wrong with not rating a player, but this isn’t Franny Jeffers & everything points to him being one of our best players. So you’ll rightly be scrutinised for that opinion.

Every players head gets turned, look at Laudrup in 97/98. Look at Miller in 10/11. I know these guys won things, but that’s not the point.

Overall, he’s a hugely important player & is contributing in ways that allow the team to flourish rather than relying on Alfie alone.

He’ll be starting on Thursday, & most likely fire us to victory.

Last edited:
There’s nothing in this for me we know Alfredo isn’t going to be cheery if he’s not involved in the goals and being subbed.

Let’s hope he can channel his frustration and concentration against Benfica.

Cannot wait for Thursday, thank f*ck we don’t have to put up with international piss any time soon.

Back