Alfie’s reaction to being substituted.

“cherry picking numbers”. So me now quoting stats is cherry picking numbers? I notice you didn’t try to refute any of the numbers I quoted.

I don’t think Morelos is a good player. Do you honestly watch him and think he’s a good technical player?

Morelos basically downed tools to the point where he was dropped and called out for it by the manager and you’re saying you think his head was turned by Lille.

You’ve got an idea that I hate Morelos, I don’t. I just don’t rate him anywhere near as highly as you, or others, do. There is nothing wrong with that.

You have to ask if all the bad with Morelos is worth the good. You think it is, I don’t think it is.

To try and be a condescending lady's front bottom about it when a lot of what I say is proven to be correct over and over about Morelos is weird behaviour.

Yes cherry picking numbers. That’s what it is, and I don’t have to refute anything, you’ve already been called out for conveniently sitting his European goals to the side because they don’t support your argument, and on top of that I’ve refuted several of your claims on various occasions over the last 18 months and beyond.

And yes, Morelos has scored a lot of goals and had a lot of moments where a high level of technical ability was quite apparent. Both goals against Porto, his goal up at Pittodrie, his goals away to Feyenoord, his touch and finish at home to Kilmarnock, his one touch flicked finish at home to Hearts, his assist to Kent at Hamilton, some of his switches of play away at Benfica and many more. All moments showing real technical quality, some of those against genuine high quality opposition in a competition that is of a far higher standard than the SPL. And yet you wonder why people are questioning you and why it sounds like you’re being condescended?

Yeah he was dropped by the manager, I’m sure that was a result of the Lille bid so I’m not even sure why that angers you; in fact I, the man who allegedly thinks Morelos can do no wrong, was scathing of his demeanour around that time. And you can call me as many names as you want it’s not going to change anything. You’re rightly being questioned over claims that don’t make a lot of sense or have any validity, and which seem to serve no purpose other than to belittle one of our key players. But clearly you’re not going to change now after a good 2 or 3 years of this nonsense so have it mate.

Yet, he’s still our main striker & has been for 4 seasons now. Alfie is the best ‘footballing’ striker we’ve had since Mols out with Jelavic, even then I don’t remember Jelavic spraying 40 yard passes (he may well have).

His point about cherry picking numbers is fairly obvious, you’ve select a sample that you think suits your narrative (which it doesn’t, as I outlined in post #137 with the numbers & context).

There is nothing wrong with not rating a player, but this isn’t Franny Jeffers & everything points to him being one of our best players. So you’ll rightly be scrutinised for that opinion.

Every players head gets turned, look at Laudrup in 97/98. Look at Miller in 10/11. I know these guys won things, but that’s not the point.

Overall, he’s a hugely important player & is contributing in ways that allows the team to flourish rather than relying on Alfie alone.

I asked if he was technically good. Not our best “footballing” striker.

So I’m cherry picking numbers but you were just being completely and utterly impartial with your numbers?

I’ve never called him Franny Jeffers. I’ve said on many occasions I think Morelos is good. I just don’t rate him as highly as others.

Your last point is exactly the point I’m making. That’s not Morelos’ game, we have others more suited to the role. I don’t think Morelos is playing the role as well as someone else could.

It infuriates me to have to argue about Morelos all the time with people. Just accept that some people don’t rate him as highly as you do.

I asked if he was technically good. Not our best “footballing” striker.

So I’m cherry picking numbers but you were just being completely and utterly impartial with your numbers?

I’ve never called him Franny Jeffers. I’ve said on many occasions I think Morelos is good. I just don’t rate him as highly as others.

Your last point is exactly the point I’m making. That’s not Morelos’ game, we have others more suited to the role. I don’t think Morelos is playing the role as well as someone else could.

It infuriates me to have to argue about Morelos all the time with people. Just accept that some people don’t rate him as highly as you do.
Okay, Morelos is technically our best striker since Mols (you know I meant that anyway).

How were my numbers not impartial, whatever way you look at them they are good 47/100, 84/155. Then add in the context I provided I’m not sure how you can argue against it.

Can see you obviously made your mind up years ago & don’t want to admit you were wrong. Which is fair enough, gladly your opinion isn’t shared by the people that matter.

Like I said though, your obviously entitled to your opinion so fair enough, mate.

Yes cherry picking numbers. That’s what it is, and I don’t have to refute anything, you’ve already been called out for conveniently sitting his European goals to the side because they don’t support your argument, and on top of that I’ve refuted several of your claims on various occasions over the last 18 months and beyond.

And yes, Morelos has scored a lot of goals and had a lot of moments where a high level of technical ability was quite apparent. Both goals against Porto, his goal up at Pittodrie, his goals away to Feyenoord, his touch and finish at home to Kilmarnock, his one touch flicked finish at home to Hearts, his assist to Kent at Hamilton, some of his switches of play away at Benfica and many more. All moments showing real technical quality, some of those against genuine high quality opposition in a competition that is of a far higher standard than the SPL. And yet you wonder why people are questioning you and why it sounds like you’re being condescended?

Yeah he was dropped by the manager, I’m sure that was a result of the Lille bid so I’m not even sure why that angers you; in fact I, the man who allegedly thinks Morelos can do no wrong, was scathing of his demeanour around that time. And you can call me as many names as you want it’s not going to change anything. You’re rightly being questioned over claims that don’t make a lot of sense or have any validity, and which seem to serve no purpose other than to belittle one of our key players. But clearly you’re not going to change now after a good 2 or 3 years of this nonsense so have it mate.

Refute them again then since your points must’ve been so good. Would I rather Morelos scored over 20 goals in a league season or scored 1 goal v Celtic rather than 10 goals in the first round of Europa league qualifying? Yes, I would.

See that’s the thing, you’re pointing out moments of good play. Some of them are outstanding technical moments but do you watch Morelos and think, he’s an excellent technical player? I’d probably guess you don’t but you won’t admit it. You’re being condescending because that’s all you know, that’s all you’ve ever known. You just can’t accept that I don’t rate Morelos as highly as you do and point out his flaws.

It wasn’t the first time Morelos has downed tools after a rejected bid. It also wasn’t the first time he’d been dropped from squads due to his poor attitude. But me saying he has a poor attitude and poor discipline is me making things up or listening to the mentally challenged media.

Last edited:
Loved his reaction. He's hungry for goals and was annoyed he didn't. Still a huge player for us.

Okay, Morelos is technically our best striker since Mols (you know I meant that anyway).

How were my numbers not impartial, whatever way you look at them they are good 47/100, 84/155. Then add in the context I provided I’m not sure how you can argue against it.

Can see you obviously made your mind up years ago & don’t want to admit you were wrong. Which is fair enough, gladly your opinion isn’t shared by the people that matter.

Like I said though, your obviously entitled to your opinion so fair enough, mate.

No he’s not. Jelavic was a far far better technical player than Morelos. I don’t think you know what I mean, I think that’s the issue.

You stand by your stats which are true, I stand by mine.

The fact we’ve moved away from being reliant on Morelos says to me that the management team might not rate him quite as highly as some of our support do.

I have a different opinion on Morelos, one that I can back up with facts to prove my points. You don’t like my opinion, you rate Morelos higher than me, I’m ok with that.

I’m just sick of some on this board kicking off as soon as a bad word is said about Morelos.

Refute them again then since your points must’ve been so good. Would I rather Morelos scored over 20 goals in a league season or scored 1 goal v Celtic rather than 10 goals in the first round of Europa league qualifying? Yes, I would.

See that’s the thing, you’re pointing out moments of good play. Some of them are outstanding technical moments but do you watch Morelos and think, he’s an excellent technical play? I’d probably guess you don’t but you won’t admit it. You’re being condescending because that’s all you know, that’s all you’ve ever known. You just can’t accept that I don’t rate Morelos as highly as you do and point out his flaws.

It wasn’t the first time Morelos has downed tools after a rejected bid. It also wasn’t the first time he’d been dropped from squads due to his poor attitude. But me saying he has a poor attitude and poor discipline is me making things up or listening to the mentally challenged media.
Honestly read that back to yourself and have a really long think about why you’re being questioned by people here. I mean the bolded bit is one of the daftest things I’ve read on here. And again mentioning Euro qualifiers as though he stops scoring when we get to the group stages, this is exactly why people are having a go at you; cherry picking load of bollocks time and again.

What a waste of time, clearly some are far too stubborn with their wee agendas and won’t back down even if it doesn’t show them in a particularly good light. But seriously I can actually imagine that it irks you when he gets on the scoresheet, particularly in Europe, that’s how demented this all is.

And people aren’t kicking off because a bad word has been said about Morleos, it because your claims are baseless and you can’t back them up. I mean we’re less reliant on him now so the “management team must not rate him as highly”, yeah of course that makes perfect sense. It’s got nothing to do with the fact it’s healthier to have a more evenly balanced team where goals are coming form several areas as opposed to from one solitary player where an injury or loss of form to that player leaves you up against it.

But yes the shift to a more balanced side where goals come from everywhere shows the management team have realised he’s actually not that good, that’s why he’s still being selected for the OF games and the big euro nights. Unbelievable. I’m not wasting any more time on you mate. If you’re lucky he’ll miss a few guilt edged chances midweek and you get fill yer boots and get your fix.

Last edited:
Honestly read that back to yourself and have a really long think about why you’re being questioned by people here. I mean the bolded bit is one of the daftest things I’ve read on here. And again mentioning Euro qualifiers as though he stops scoring when we get to the group stages, this is exactly why people are having a go at you; cherry picking load of bollocks time and again.

What a waste of time, clearly some are far too stubborn with their wee agendas and won’t back down even if it doesn’t show them in a particularly good light. But seriously I can actually imagine that it irks you when he gets on the scoresheet, particularly in Europe, that’s how demented this all is.

I’m not wasting any more time on you mate. If you’re lucky he’ll miss a few guilt edged chances midweek and you get fill yer boots and get your fix.

Id rather you just put me on ignore so you can finally stop stalking me tbh.

Id rather you just put me on ignore so you can finally stop stalking me tbh.

You realise you have the same ignore function that I do as well as the choice not to respond? Anyway I’m done with you pal. Have a nice night and hope you can get some joy from today.

You realise you have the same ignore function that I do as well as the choice not to respond? Anyway I’m done with you pal. Have a nice night and hope you can get some joy from today.

Im delighted about today, delighted about how well we’re playing right now and delighted that I’m now getting rid of my stalker.

Agreed, and that's how it should be. He was expected to score today but his role is a bit different this season from last season. I think that his all round game has improved by not having to carry the goal scoring responsibility for the team and he will be very aware of that. but fair do's to him as his heart is in being an out and out striker. Last season when he was out of form we had nobody to step up and do the job that he was doing and maybe he has missed being the main man up front although I'd have thought that Defoe would educate him that in the all round contribution that he makes to the team makes him a better player both for himself and for the team.

W.A.T.P.
A voice of reason. Yep playing a different role this season. As far as posters saying he should have taken on shots that were available rather than passing all I can say is he is less greedy this season and tried to lay the ball off for a player in a better position. That would never have happened last year so in my view his game is maturing. He is more a team player than ever and less selfish. I dont care if he looks pissed off at getting subbed. So he should. It shows he cares.

Back