Alfie’s reaction to being substituted.

Baxter Blue

Looked really disappointed being brought off,huffy if you like.
Do you see this as a good reaction? or is it a bit concerning that he might go into huffs for other matters.
He was substituted along with Kent and Ryan was totally different.
Or could he have been disappointed he never scored.

I'm OK with him not being happy at being subbed and not scoring, however throwing his gloves on the ground as he walks towards the bench was a little childish to be honest.

There's other ways of showing your unhappiness that isn't throwing your toys out the pram.

Its not a big deal.

Maybe when he storms down the tunnel like he did in the friendly this summer you can make more of an issue of it, but nothing about it today was a big deal.

I would hope it was the fact he didn't get on the score sheet. We know what Buff is like and wears his heart on his sleeve, can't have a go at him for his South American temperament. Big game for him on Thursday and hopefully he can find his form again and really push us on.

You would expect him to look at the bigger picture and that collectively we are in amazing form as a team and destroying this league.

We dont rely on him anymore and thats why we are much stronger this season.

Strikers do need a degree of selfishness, so it is pleasing he is hungry to score goals.

Unsure if he appreciates or cares how petulant he looks stropping off like that, it’s all about the common goal of 55.

He's just gutted he didn't score like all good strikers are.

His overall game today was great, he really is so key to our game just now, link up play was superb.

Works his socks off does Alfie.

Don’t think Gerrard worries too much about shit like that.
I actually think that is the reaction SG wants from a player getting pulled.

AM was pissed off at himself, no one else. That is exactly what he needs to be coming off early after not scoring.

Wouldn't be the first time SG and his back room staff were having a giggle as AM stormed past them beeling :D

He was very poor in the first half. He kept giving the ball away and he contributed directly to pretty much every Aberdeen attack.

I think Morelos has a poor attitude, I know a lot will disagree, but it’s my opinion.

I’m also not sure he’s technically good enough to play up front in this current Rangers team.
You may have a point.

I see it as a positive sign. He wants goals and is not happy without them on a personal level. Wasn't long ago Defoe and Gerrard were sniggering waiting for him to come off knowing his reaction.

I'd be less than chuffed with any player who wasn't pissed at being taken off.

Alfie took a bit of stick in the match thread and I'll admit he's had better games. But he also did a lot of good stuff that wasn't given any recognition.

Do you see this as a good reaction? or is it a bit concerning that he might go into huffs for other matters.

being looked after for Thursday evening

Player being huffy about being substituted.... shock. Will just be disappointed that he hasn’t got on the scoresheet.

Nothing new with him and has done it a few times. Throwing the gloves was maybe a bit much but that’s just how he is.

I would be more worried if there was no reaction.

That's our Alfie.
His reaction to being taken off is consistently like this.
I even remember Gerrard and Defoe on the touchline a year or so ago nudging each other as if to say "Hey, watch this. watch Alfie's face when his number goes up" and laughing about it.
No problem with this.

Odds on Alfie scoring on thursday ? :)

By the way, anyone got a pic of his face coming off today that can be posted?

Show his desire to do well and score goals a thought he played well today only good shows the competition in the squad that alferdo might no start every game

If he'd scored a hat-trick & been subbed off he would probably have the same reaction. Its the way he is. I have no issue with it.

He'd been travelling a lot this week & he'll start on Thursday so it made no sense him staying on when we were so comfortable.

This "hes huffy because he got subbed' nonsense that's constantly pushed by mainly troublemakers is getting tiresome. He's been here long enough for those observers of the game up here to know the truth and understand his mentality by now. And perhaps allow for some cultural differences if they weren't so closed minded.

He's annoyed he hasn't scored and the frustration is with himself, not with the manager etc. He's probably told that he'll get 60 minutes or whatever before the game even starts. If he had scored and then subbed he'd have come off without a huff or a puff or a blow your house down cut throat ipaila. So what's the difference? The goal and that's all.

For me I love it. He's just showing everyone he's not happy unless he bursts the net.

Last edited:
He was very poor in the first half. He kept giving the ball away and he contributed directly to pretty much every Aberdeen attack.

I think Morelos has a poor attitude, I know a lot will disagree, but it’s my opinion.

I’m also not sure he’s technically good enough to play up front in this current Rangers team.
Id rather that than waiting to get on phone as soon as say down.

He's unhappy at not scoring mccoist said he was the same and it shows what scoring means to him.

His presence is showing others to play except he's not out main focus our third goal was partly because two or three sheep were watching him and were out of position when it didn't go that way.

I think he's playing better than done realise

This thread is pointless.
We all know he is huffy and very talented.
Even Gerard admits to not knowing what goes on inside his head.
My only gripe is that he hasn’t learned enough English to give an interview by now.
That seems odd.

Back