Alfie, missing the fans the most?

SG_Loyal

Listening to the chant from the CSR gig on that thread, got me thinking that Alfie is the one player in our team who is really suffering from the absence of our fans.
I think he's been playing well, had a great game at Ibrox v Benfica without scoring, but he thrives off the connection with the support more than any other player in our squad. You can see him getting an extra lift after a great piece of play, or a miss, when half the stadium's chanting his name. He lives to score and celebrate with the support. He's missing that right now.
I'm sure he'll start knocking the goals in again soon, but I hope he's not sold next summer before he plays a few more games at a packed Ibrox, celebrating the winning of some silverware with the fans.

Maybe, or it could be down to the change in playing style, more players willing to have a shot, poor form, poor attitude, sleepless nights changing nappies/worrying about his car's brake lines being cut/worrying about his many extramarital affairs, being in a huff because he didn't get a move, is just not that good and this year we're seeing his real form or has been recruited by aliens to pilot a Starfighter and a lookalike android has been left in his place.

I've read all of these suggestions on here at one time or another (well,maybe not the aliens one) so take your pick...or add more.

Maybe, or it could be down to the change in playing style, more players willing to have a shot, poor form, poor attitude, sleepless nights changing nappies/worrying about his car's brake lines being cut/worrying about his many extramarital affairs, being in a huff because he didn't get a move, is just not that good and this year we're seeing his real form or has been recruited by aliens to pilot a Starfighter and a lookalike android has been left in his place.

I've read all of these suggestions on here at one time or another (well,maybe not the aliens one) so take your pick...or add more.

As I said, I think he's playing well in the deeper role, but he's the one player we have that really connects and thrives with the crowds.
Form is temporary, Alfie will be fine, it's just a pity our support isn't there to help him.

His overall game has improved don’t think it’s anything to do with fans but more likely the role he’s been asked to play.

His overall game has improved don’t think it’s anything to do with fans but more likely the role he’s been asked to play.

In general I agree, however he was absolutely honking on Thursday and I do think someone like Alfie feeds off the passion of a crowd.

Playing in front of thousands didn't seem to do him any good from mid-December to March.

It's been almost an entire calendar year since he was regularly playing well, even allowing for the Covid disruption that's still about 8 months of actual playing time. This must be the longest "temporary" run of poor form in football history. After such a long period of time, it has to be doubtful if he is capable of returning to the form of the latter half of 2019. Obviously I hope he does, but I can't see it happening and there are precious few signs of it from him.

Yes and no ......... the fans inspire him and lift him up but when a decision goes against him the fans get incensed at the decision that has went against him and adds fuel to the fire

Alfie is fine. He just wants a few more minutes. It is what it is.

No stress at all regarding, Morelos.

His first touch on Thursday was poor.
Caused us a lot of issues early on wi the ball no sticking
Roofe was by far our best forward
I do think Alfie thrives off the atmosphere tho

When we were looking for a hero he was our man and he delivered regularly
He is a very emotional type player and that made the bond between us and him special he has suffered with the lack of crowd but as lads have already said playing in a different style where he is been asked to be more than a goal scorer

Back