Alfie reaches the top 200 players in Football Index

90minsofmadness

https://www.footballindex.co.uk/stockmarket/team

He is currently priced 172nd at £2.46 per share on the football player stockmarket ahead of players such as Andy Robertson, John Stones, Mahrez, Shaqiri and Cavani.

I don't know if anyone else plays this but I have now packed in betting and put the money I would spend on it on football index now. I got Alfie at £1.52 per future so already have 62% return on him already.

He is currently priced 172nd at £2.46 per share on the football player stockmarket ahead of players such as Andy Robertson, John Stones, Mahrez, Shaqiri and Cavani.

I don't know if anyone else plays this but I have now packed in betting and put the money I would spend on it on football index now. I got Alfie at £1.52 per future so already have 62% return on him already.
How much did you put on him mate?

I'd also like to know how this works.

It’s still betting ;)

Totally forgot i had an account on that site, clicked on it and seen i had 12 Lucas Torreira's i bought for £1.64 8 months ago and just sold them on for £2.64. Tidy profit there.

Just invested in Alfredo Morelos and Ryan Kent.

I had Hudson-Odoi and Cavani.

Sold both, made a small profit and bought Aguero, Denis Suarez and Almiron just as the January transfer window was coming to a close.

Not really had much return on them all so have just binned them for 8 Morelos at £2.49 a share. Have Jadon Sancho and Piatek as well.

Cheers OP. Something else to spend money on, tho you might have told us about this last week, before his price went up.
Like a play on the stock exchange so this is certainly more interesting.
Took a few bob on Alfie and Kent.

How much did you put on him mate?

I'd also like to know how this works.

I bought 20 futures at just over 30 quid. They're now worth about 48.

I have lost money on Hazard, Ronaldo and Messi but made some on pogba and mbappe too. My portfolio is up about 35 quid in total since I started and I've won £3.50 in divedends. I've been playing since January.

As the guy above says it's very much betting but it's a bit different and as someone who enjoys fantasy football it's worked for me on that sort of level. I'm hoping that long term I can use it as a bit of a saving account and as long as I don't make too much of a loss it's just a bit of fun.

I bought 9 shares in Alfie about a month ago at £1.60 a share, now up to £2.51 a share......, only decent bit of business I’ve done though

Enjoy this more than betting. As your “bets” don’t just last 90 mins

No.

Your bets are on something completely intangible with no result to win or lose by

Just a ponzi awaiting the next person thinking its trading and buying in.

Will go pop at some point.

No.

Your bets are on something completely intangible with no result to win or lose by

Just a ponzi awaiting the next person thinking its trading and buying in.

Will go pop at some point.
So similar to the British Economy's reliance on banking then?

Gambling for people who don't want to make any money. Like any investment, you need to put serious cash into it, rather than what you'd stick on for an accumulator.

Gambling for people who don't want to make any money. Like any investment, you need to put serious cash into it, rather than what you'd stick on for an accumulator.

The only folk who make money from gambling are the bookies.

If you have a tenner on an accumulator every week for 5 years then you are hitting about 2k worth of bets in that time. As I say personally I'm hoping to use it as an extra savings account whilst having a bit of fun at the same time. If you're trying for that 1 big win then yes you're probably on the wrong site.

The only folk who make money from gambling are the bookies.

If you have a tenner on an accumulator every week for 5 years then you are hitting about 2k worth of bets in that time. As I say personally I'm hoping to use it as an extra savings account whilst having a bit of fun at the same time. If you're trying for that 1 big win then yes you're probably on the wrong site.

Id say I'm actually up over the last couple. Of years

I do a tenner a week on the football and average 7 to 10 bets up a season

Happy days on Alfie's increase. 91% profit on him.

Borna only 41p at the moment, surely when he comes good that will rise.

Been putting about £25 a week (roughly what I gave to Bet365 every week) into this for the last year, sitting on £650 profit at the moment.

Happy days on Alfie's increase. 91% profit on him.

Borna only 41p at the moment, surely when he comes good that will rise.

Been putting about £25 a week (roughly what I gave to Bet365 every week) into this for the last year, sitting on £650 profit at the moment.

I had Borna for a long time but he didn't move. Think he might be a good shout next year though once he has that full season of British football under his belt.

I've made 40 quid (portfolio price) since Christmas so pretty happy with that. Although about half that is Alfredo.

Any tips for trading? any players who you fancy having a boom like alfredo? I'm going to try and put another 50 quid into it before the share split on 26th March.

290pwtj.jpg

Alfredo has been my best performer over the past week or two. I had him earlier in the season but sold most because his price wasn't moving much. Managed to get on again near the start of his current rise.

Wish I could say the same about Vinicius Jr. Sold him at £5 because I thought that was about his ceiling. A couple of months later I'm buying back in at £10. Bastard.

I had Borna for a long time but he didn't move. Think he might be a good shout next year though once he has that full season of British football under his belt.

I've made 40 quid (portfolio price) since Christmas so pretty happy with that. Although about half that is Alfredo.

Any tips for trading? any players who you fancy having a boom like alfredo? I'm going to try and put another 50 quid into it before the share split on 26th March.

I'd say avoid any tipsters you see on Twitter, and do your own homework on each player.
I tend to buy young players (19-23) below the £2.50 mark. Although I've just recently bought Piatek and Neves, who are both a bit more. Check to see if they play 90 minutes each week, are they on the fringes or regular for their international side. Are they being linked with anyone etc etc.

Picked up players like Frenkie de Jong (81p at the time) and Cengiz Under (87p) using this method.

Carlos Soler is a starter for Valencia, through to the next round of the Europa, linked with a move to Spurs in the summer, plays in a PB league, 22 years old and only £1.86.

I'd say avoid any tipsters you see on Twitter, and do your own homework on each player.
I tend to buy young players (19-23) below the £2.50 mark. Although I've just recently bought Piatek and Neves, who are both a bit more. Check to see if they play 90 minutes each week, are they on the fringes or regular for their international side. Are they being linked with anyone etc etc.

Picked up players like Frenkie de Jong (81p at the time) and Cengiz Under (87p) using this method.

Carlos Soler is a starter for Valencia, through to the next round of the Europa, linked with a move to Spurs in the summer, plays in a PB league, 22 years old and only £1.86.

Are you fully trading on future prices then? Are you not interested in the dividends? Any fails so far?

I find it quite strange that the younger age group the prices are so inflated when its a max 3 year bet on each share.

I will try say this for the last time on this thread.

If everyone tries cashing out positions (like the one above, looks great) at the same time.

Theres still going to be thousands if not millions uncashed.

And what are you left holding ? A genuine piece of Paul Pogba ? Nothing.

Take your money now is my advice. Others will pay for your profit and much more later.

I bet Mark Allen is making a f*cking KILLING on these markets ;)

Imagine having a whole scouting department searching for your next investment opportunity.

'The Best in The Business' will be baws deep in this too, I'm sure.

I will try say this for the last time on this thread.

If everyone tries cashing out positions (like the one above, looks great) at the same time.

Theres still going to be thousands if not millions uncashed.

And what are you left holding ? A genuine piece of Paul Pogba ? Nothing.

Take your money now is my advice. Others will pay for your profit and much more later.

We understand that risk. We are doing it for fun.

We aren't gambling with money we can't afford.

How do BetIndex Ltd make money? Is it a percentage of your trades?

I think 2% from trades. The quick sell is usually a fair whack too. right now its a growing product but when it flattens out the will have to find a way of making it fun whilst also having people losing.

The also can make of site advertisement and other wealth making avenues.

I think 2% from trades. The quick sell is usually a fair whack too. right now its a growing product but when it flattens out the will have to find a way of making it fun whilst also having people losing.

The also can make of site advertisement and other wealth making avenues.

If someone like Betfair got involved then you'd be guaranteed security. Having said that at least they are licensed.

Wee Alfie has jumped up to 3.02 today.

Quite interesting this, Got my money in Alfie, Kent, Nicolas Gonzalez and Dennis Man.

Man has been heavily touted for Man U so hopefully that comes to fruition.

I see Billy Gilmour has just been floated on the game.

THe way youngsters at big clubs smash up in value if he gets a sniff of first team football or a loan out next year his value will soar.

I see Alfie has crashed back to £2.70, I would imagine he will soar again, so probably a good time to heavily invest in him imo. However I know nothing and only started doing this a week ago.

I see Alfie has crashed back to £2.70, I would imagine he will soar again, so probably a good time to heavily invest in him imo. However I know nothing and only started doing this a week ago.

I could be wrong, but I think his rise in the last week was due to media coverage, he always seemed to be on the table. From Sunday not so much.

He is one for the summer though, if he gets called up then has teams chasing him, if I understand this right he will rise significantly.

I could be wrong, but I think his rise in the last week was due to media coverage, he always seemed to be on the table. From Sunday not so much.

He is one for the summer though, if he gets called up then has teams chasing him, if I understand this right he will rise significantly.

That's exactly what I'm thinking, I'm trying to build a portfolio of players I think will get big moves in the summer. If Morelos plays at the Copa then he'll definitely soar in price.

Back