Alfie to take pens?

Aye.

Tav done well over a period of time but it's time to pass it up to the best finishers at the club.

It should either be Morelos or Defoe depending who is on the pitch at the time

Agreed!

Whatever striker is on the park can hit them now. If it’s Morelos it’s him. If it’s Defoe it’s him.

Huge huge credit to Tavernier over the last 2 years, his penalty run was amazing, he deserves serious praise. I think maybe only Ferguson in 2002/2003 was nearly as successful (He missed a few as well)

But it’s now time for someone else to have their chance of putting a run together with penalty goals.

If Morelos can be clinical with them he could be scoring 40 odd this season, here’s hoping.

I wouldn’t feel confident with Morelos taking them for some reason. I think he is more an instinct player, his finishing isn’t the best when he has time. He has only taken 1 and scored so can’t judge him but that’s my gut feeling.

Tav should still be taking them IMO, he’s missed a couple recently but his overall record is outstanding. Everyone will miss the odd penalty.

Have had this thing about Alfie from day one seems to me the more time he has seems to effect his finishing .Don't get me wrong love him to bits and rate him very very very highly prefer the chance to come to him very quickly so don't know if penalties would be for him
Tav has a very good conversion rate and has scored a lot of crucial high pressure penalties for us .
His general play has not been 100% so think his misses are just a general downturn in his form but expect him to pick up and taking penalty duties off him might affect his confidence which seems to be a bit low at the moment

Aye, Alfie is high on confidence and if he started taking penalties he'd easily hit 40+ a season.

Despite his excellent scoring record, I have never felt comfortable with Tav taking penalties. His run-up always looks too short and awkward to me and seems to have got worse recently.

Having said that, he has proved me wrong time after time, but it's now time to give Alfie a go.

No reason why it can’t be rotated between tav and Morelos. When one misses, the next penalty is taken by the next guy until he misses and so on. Would keep them on their toes.

[NopeQUOTE="Northampton_Loyalist, post: 4374533, member: 682"]
Is it time our main striker was given the job? Tav has missed a couple recently and Alfie stepped up after one of them. I always like a striker to hit them and it would do his tally a world of good too!
[/QUOTE] nope . Tav for me

Would give Tav one more, he was great at them last year so has a little room for error. Needs to go back to his old routine though, his new run up he's hit the right post both times on his penalties

Am I right in saying Tav has missed 3 out of his last 5?

Has to be Alfie or Defoe from now on.

I said to the boy next to me tonight Tav will miss, he’s a bag of nerves. It takes someone with a steel mentality they are smashing the net no matter where it is or who is in front of him.

Unfortunately our captain has let us down too many times from the spot. Give it up skip.

I agree.

But Tav will take and score the next one. And remain penalty taker.

But it should be Alfredo.

It's definitely time for Tav to step-aside, at least for a while. And there's no shame in it, I've seen McCoist, Barry and Ronald de Boer all miss multiple penalties. So he's in decent company!

Back