Alfie today, from a different perspective.

We agree on some points , certainly not on the definition of no show lol.
I think Ryan Jack as usual was one of our best players , he is captain material , not many would have played on after his injury and here lies part of the problem with our team i.e mentality.
Aribo unfortunately falls in to this category for me , his injury V Livi has had an effect.
Kent needs to do it when it matters but given he did against Celtic last December he needs to get back to that ASAP.
Arfield given how people were saying we had too many midfield players at the start of the season shows how wrong they were.
Bottom line for me and you do agree is these guys need to start chipping in wit( goals , Ojo included because Alfie can’t carry them all season.
We probably arent too far apart on most points but we definitely disagree on "no show". When I see a performance I think is a no show I'll tell you ;)

Ryan Jack is brilliant and I agree with what you say. I wince when he is described in the media as an "enforcer" as that really undersells him. Yes he doesn't shy from a challenge but his improvement has been immense (and he is still improving) and he is incredibly consistent. Definitely captain material. I like Tav (who played well today, solid defensively) and it's a brutal decision to take the captaincy away from a 1st team player but I wouldn't object to a change. Maybe during the summer.

I disagree on Aribo. I don't see any fear in him since he was assaulted by that Livi thug. He learned to play in "cage football" in London which is actually a real thing rather than coming through a football academy like most players with his sort of talent. He looks almost delicate with his spindly legs but he isn't and he does get stuck in when its called for and he def didn't hold back on the challenge on Hayes today, for example. £300k, bargain. I'm confident he will be an important player for us a year from now.

Kent arrived injured and then did his hamstring by playing before it had healed. You can see his fitness and contribution have been gradually increasing since his return. He wasn't magic today but he still carried a threat despite being crowded out against a Celtic team that were pinned back. He has the right attitude and I understand from earlier in his career that he was really inconsistent and could only be bothered when it was a "big" game. That has changed now and he is always interested. I think the pressure of playing for Rangers suits him as it makes every game a "big" game.

To be honest it did look like we had too many midfielders as Docherty and McCrorie looked like they were in the mix and then Andy King arrived out of nowhere. No idea what is going on with King (does anyone know?) but Davis and Jack have hit new heights this season compared to last. Our midfield talent pool appears shallower when in reality the bar is just set higher.

I absolutely expect to see more goals from Jack, Aribo and Kent. Hopefully whatever the issue with Arfield is can be sorted BUT his goal against the sheep was a cracker and I'm surprised at the lack of praise as he made a tricky technique look easy.

We probably arent too far apart on most points but we definitely disagree on "no show". When I see a performance I think is a no show I'll tell you ;)

Ryan Jack is brilliant and I agree with what you say. I wince when he is described in the media as an "enforcer" as that really undersells him. Yes he doesn't shy from a challenge but his improvement has been immense (and he is still improving) and he is incredibly consistent. Definitely captain material. I like Tav (who played well today, solid defensively) and it's a brutal decision to take the captaincy away from a 1st team player but I wouldn't object to a change. Maybe during the summer.

I disagree on Aribo. I don't see any fear in him since he was assaulted by that Livi thug. He learned to play in "cage football" in London which is actually a real thing rather than coming through a football academy like most players with his sort of talent. He looks almost delicate with his spindly legs but he isn't and he does get stuck in when its called for and he def didn't hold back on the challenge on Hayes today, for example. £300k, bargain. I'm confident he will be an important player for us a year from now.

Kent arrived injured and then did his hamstring by playing before it had healed. You can see his fitness and contribution have been gradually increasing since his return. He wasn't magic today but he still carried a threat despite being crowded out against a Celtic team that were pinned back. He has the right attitude and I understand from earlier in his career that he was really inconsistent and could only be bothered when it was a "big" game. That has changed now and he is always interested. I think the pressure of playing for Rangers suits him as it makes every game a "big" game.

To be honest it did look like we had too many midfielders as Docherty and McCrorie looked like they were in the mix and then Andy King arrived out of nowhere. No idea what is going on with King (does anyone know?) but Davis and Jack have hit new heights this season compared to last. Our midfield talent pool appears shallower when in reality the bar is just set higher.

I absolutely expect to see more goals from Jack, Aribo and Kent. Hopefully whatever the issue with Arfield is can be sorted BUT his goal against the sheep was a cracker and I'm surprised at the lack of praise as he made a tricky technique look easy.
Opinions respected and debated in the proper manner on a day that has been very hard to take.
Except for the no show part lol.

Just watched the highlights and that didn't include the 2nd half shot he ballooned-one of the first half misses was a poor one.

He's had a mare when you consider the number of chances probably three cup finals worth.

Normally I would be reaching for the booze after a loss in a final to them, but this evening I although bitterly disappointed, I can see a lot of positives from today's match.
I don't think this will harm the player's confidences instead they should at least, when the dust has settled, glean some positives from today.
Yes, we did lose and it hurts, but we outplayed them, indeed we stopped them from getting out of their half, and all that separated us at the end of the day was desperately poor officiating.

They did make a second chance, but that was only after they had scored a goal that should never have stood and the dynamic of the match meant that we had to chase the game.
The next game we play against them will, of course, be totally different, they always are, but this Rangers side doesn't have to go into it with anything less than full confidence.
The biggest positive for me today is the comparison with the last game against them when they were all over us and we looked rattled. That game did settle down and became competitive but they were the better side. The second big positive is the reaction by the players after the collapse against the sheep. I had the fear today could go very bad but I was very wrong and I disagree completely with all these "fans" saying the players bottled it.

I see that Alfie is getting it in the neck because he never scored.
Fair enough one might think, but ... and there is a great big fckn but.

On three occasions Alfie caused so many problems for their defence that by himself he could have seen us awarded three penalties.
The one that we did get might well have seen Alfie in on goal with a fairly simple finish.

He was cheated from that finish, but he was the man who found the position.
Which leads me to his many chances.
Most of them were from his own clever physical play as a frontman, and in nearly every occasion he brought out a save from Forster from a shot on target.

Overall, he was a total menace all day to them, he carried our front line superbly, he dealt with their physical challenge almost with ease and he opened them up time and time again.
On another day with a less fortunate goalkeeper having the game of his life, Alfie would have had a hat trick.
As it was his penalty was saved, but with more honest or at least observant officials, that penalty would have had to be retaken.

You can spin a lot of things in a lot of different ways, but today Morelos didn't have a poor game, he had an unlucky one.
In truth, our team did.
The only thing I think Alfie was guilty of was trying too hard.

Muppets like Sutton etc have created this mythical importance around scoring against Celtic, and despite Alfie having been banging them in against every other team he has faced, many of them considerably better than the beasts, some of our own have bought into it too.

I think Alfie is aware of the noise and wanted to shut them up. In doing so he overthought a few things he would normally just finish.

Either way, his lone striker play was brilliant, he just didn't get the goals his performance deserved. Of course, on FF that means he was utterly shite, a bottler, doesn't show up in big games, never a 30m striker etc (all comments I have seen since the game finished).

They chase him around the pitch like angry wasps, initiate contact, dive and feign injury constantly. The fact he stayed on for the 90 mins is an achievement in itself.
That Frimpong should have been booked way before he was red carded for both diving and lifting his hands to shove both Alfie and Kamara (incidentally it was the same incident Kamara got booked for IIRC).

That Frimpong should have been booked way before he was red carded for both diving and lifting his hands to shove both Alfie and Kamara (incidentally it was the same incident Kamara got booked for IIRC).
I couldn't believe he wasn't booked for shoving Kamara like that. It was a definite yellow and tbh I thought the booking for Kamara was soft. Definitely soft in comparison to the shove?!

He’s played about a dozen times against them and never scored. You can analyse his numerous chances all you want but it’s just not good enough for a Rangers striker.
I’ll never accept that scoring against the scum defines the success or otherwise of a Rangers centre forward and I don’t give two hoots what McCoist or Gerrard say about it.
It’s fundamentally wrong.
His failure to score today wasn’t because it was septic we were playing against but because the goalkeeper we were playing against had one of these games.
Let me put it this way, again.
Is Josh Windass or Joe Garner a better player than Alfredo Morelos?

Today, Morelos mentality is the only one who you can call into question. He killed us today.
Definitely, numerous chances, every one he has scored from similar positions in other games. The header in the 2nd half is as good a chance as you can get, easier than the last 3 headers he scored, I think his all round game was decent, but has a mentality problem against them in front of goal, it can be the only explanation.

On three occasions Alfie caused so many problems for their defence that by himself he could have seen us awarded three penalties.
The one that we did get might well have seen Alfie in on goal with a fairly simple finish.

Most of them were from his own clever physical play as a frontman, and in nearly every occasion he brought out a save from Forster from a shot on target.

Overall, he was a total menace all day to them, he carried our front line superbly, he dealt with their physical challenge almost with ease and he opened them up time and time again.
On another day with a less fortunate goalkeeper having the game of his life, Alfie would have had a hat trick.
As it was his penalty was saved, but with more honest or at least observant officials, that penalty would have had to be retaken.

You can spin a lot of things in a lot of different ways, but today Morelos didn't have a poor game, he had an unlucky one.
In truth, our team did.

Bravo bilko well said!

Only peasants and the media, the same thing, are obsessed with Alfie not scoring against that lot. If he never does in his time at Ibrox and we win the League, who gives a feck ?

Do you honestly think he had a good game?

I do. Offside goal, at least one pen denied, another that should have been retaken. Add to that woeful misses at corners and 4 amazing saves and we should of won. Alfie tore them apart

He won’t score against them in his time at Rangers and it absolutely kills me.

Definitely, numerous chances, every one he has scored from similar positions in other games. The header in the 2nd half is as good a chance as you can get, easier than the last 3 headers he scored, I think his all round game was decent, but has a mentality problem against them in front of goal, it can be the only explanation.
There could be another explanation.
The keeper made good saves?
Not easy saves but good saves.
There was also two where the keeper knew feck all about it but saved it.
I have no problem with that but, it’s the type of fortune that can go either way.
Today, it was with their keeper.

I do. Offside goal, at least one pen denied, another that should have been retaken. Add to that woeful misses at corners and 4 amazing saves and we should of won. Alfie tore them apart
His finishing was woeful today and he’s a striker so he doesn’t get a pass mark from me.

I’ll never accept that scoring against the scum defines the success or otherwise of a Rangers centre forward and I don’t give two hoots what McCoist or Gerrard say about it.
It’s fundamentally wrong.
His failure to score today wasn’t because it was septic we were playing against but because the goalkeeper we were playing against had one of these games.
Let me put it this way, again.
Is Josh Windass or Joe Garner a better player than Alfredo Morelos?
I think the trouble is that too many use the scum as the measuring stick.

Any discussion of how we've improved is usually met with 'aye but celtic'. The obsession with 'stopping the ten' etc. Fućk celtic. Our success is not measured by what they do. I've been consistent for years on here that Europe has to be where we measure ourselves. We need to make a team capable of going far in Europe - that's where the money is and ultimately will lead to us winning the league etc. If we focus solely on beating them, then it's at the expense of the growth of the club and the potential.

They might win 10 in a row? Good for them. To do it, they had to have us pillaged and banished to the bottom tier, then handicapped with transfer bans etc. Its a hollow victory that means nothing.

So again, I repeat fućk celtic.

Sadly when you miss the chances he did today there is no other perspective. He has got to tuck away at least two of them but has either snatched at them or gone for power straight at the keeper. We know he is better than that but he didn't show it today.

Any other player past or present misses those chances they would be absolutely slaughtered, let's not try and rewrite history just because Alfie has carried us most of the season.

I have no problem with that but, it’s the type of fortune that can go either way.
Nah, it's FF. The opposition are only ever there to make up the numbers. Why give their keeper credit when we can have a go at our players?

Sadly when you miss the chances he did today there is no other perspective. He has got to tuck away at least two of them but has either snatched at them or gone for power straight at the keeper. We know he is better than that but he didn't show it today.

Any other player past or present misses those chances they would be absolutely slaughtered, let's not try and rewrite history just because Alfie has carried us most of the season.
Nonsense.
If this was the case McCoist wouldn’t be the hero he is today.

Granted their keeper had a great game, the header was THE chance, woeful is the only way to describe it compared to his sublime finishes against Feyenoord and Hearts, heading down is the right thing but it should have been hitting the ground no more than a foot from or nearer to the line, the keeper then can't make the save.

Nonsense.
If this was the case McCoist wouldn’t be the hero he is today.

McCoist missed a host of chances but importantly he never let it get to him and was always there to score the next one - even in big games.

Edit and I should add that McCoist was slaughtered for those missed chances, as I say let's not rewrite history.

A free hit from 12 yards is a sitter as was his header just after halftime.
The header was not a sitter.
The free hit from twelve yards, he should’ve scored, no free hit from twelve yards should be missed those who’ve never taken one will tell you, can actually be missed by the best players in the world.
Including Messi and Ronaldo.
Let me offer another point of view on the failure to score the free hit from twelve yards.
One of our greats, our greatest ever taker of free hits from twelve yards, once claimed that his three fails weren’t misses as the keeper saved them.

McCoist missed a host of chances but importantly he never let it get to him and was always there to score the next one - even in big games.

Edit and I should add that McCoist was slaughtered for those missed chances, as I say let's not rewrite history.
Morelos hasn’t?

I think the trouble is that too many use the scum as the measuring stick.

Any discussion of how we've improved is usually met with 'aye but celtic'. The obsession with 'stopping the ten' etc. Fućk celtic. Our success is not measured by what they do. I've been consistent for years on here that Europe has to be where we measure ourselves. We need to make a team capable of going far in Europe - that's where the money is and ultimately will lead to us winning the league etc. If we focus solely on beating them, then it's at the expense of the growth of the club and the potential.

They might win 10 in a row? Good for them. To do it, they had to have us pillaged and banished to the bottom tier, then handicapped with transfer bans etc. Its a hollow victory that means nothing.

So again, I repeat fućk celtic.

Today was a classic example of how the peasants have " won " their trophies, threatening Collum via the media about not making mistakes during the game, ie, not making a mistake that will cost the Timpanzees another bauble.

The free hit from twelve yards, he should’ve scored, no free hit from twelve yards should be missed those who’ve never taken one will tell you, can actually be missed by the best players in the world.
Let me offer another point of view on the failure to score the free hit from twelve yards.
One of our greats, our greatest ever taker of free hits from twelve yards, once claimed that his three fails weren’t misses as the keeper saved them.
It was a terrible penalty though poorly struck and I think he should’ve buried that header.

We will never get anything like £35M for him, he lacks composure at times. Twice today he just needed to chip the goalie or pass it past him, but as usual blasts it - right at goalie.
Did say that at the time,if it had been Defoe he would have dinked it over the keeper. However Morelos isn’t our problem, it’s goals needed from elsewhere in our team.

In truth, our team did.

a real top class finisher puts a couple away today. However, as you rightly say, it takes some player to make the opportunities he did. Great player and a he did well today (pen miss aside).

Hasn't what?? Been slaughtered (rightfully) or been there to score the next one??
He doesn’t deserve to be slaughtered at all, given his overall contribution to our season.
We certainly cannot suggest that he’s not been there to score the next chance given that he’s done so every time before today.

To be honest bud i thought the header was the worst one. When i saw the ball landing on his head i thought it was a cert he would score, look at his first one against Feyenoord, but he didn't get a good connection on it.

Did say that at the time,if it had been Defoe he would have dinked it over the keeper. However Morelos isn’t our problem, it’s goals needed from elsewhere in our team.
Yes I did, have said it a few times over the last 2 seasons. I like Morelos, he will improve even more. And you’re correct about others scoring.

He doesn’t deserve to be slaughtered at all, given his overall contribution to our season.
We certainly cannot suggest that he’s not been there to score the next chance given that he’s done so every time before today.
One for those slagging Alfie tonight , take away his goals (and forgetting Defoe for the moment) who’s our next highest scorer and what does that tell you ?

Last edited:

But we are talking solely about this game today and not his contribution for the season. I have already said he has carried us for much of the season but that doesn't give him a free pass today.

In the form he is in he has to win us that game with those chances.

Alfie’s footballing education continues.

He did have a problem with his temperament. By and large he’s addressed that.

He did lack confidence with his heading. He’s certainly addressed that.

He also had problems with being too selfish at times. This season (notwithstanding that all strikers need to be a bit greedy) he’s much better with assists.

The last thing that will make him a complete striker is that little bit of composure. He’ll get there. Defoe and Gerrard will ensure that.

Just a bad day at the office today. A real sickener that those bastards were gifted our cup by our misfortune and one shitebag linesman fearing for his house windows. Just do your job you chicken bastard.

Morelos hasn't been at his best the last couple of games.
I think we're at a stage where he may never score against them and the penalty summed up his day wasteful.

In truth, our team did.
100%, was at game (william hill upper) but also just watched it back & after looking through FF (although i did see a few bears defending him) id say people criticising Alfredo are either posting with emotion looking for someone to blame, blind & never played the game at any level or (something that really seems to frequent on FF) hate filled obsessed filth trying to create a mix against Alfie because they fear him so much.

Any Bear who has criticised him too quickly after the game should watch it again, we all get emotional at & after filth games but he was unlucky on a few occasions, especially with 1st half shot that he deliberately directed through SmellyPongs legs and foster fumbled but kept out.

Penalty, ok ill give way there but shit happens & btw Hermon Monster was a yard off his line, something tbo i never noticed at the game.

Alfredos 25 goals have brought us in line again & we can still have a great season, were all hurting but think before you say things its time for us to stand together here, they are not as good a team as they or their fellow filth minded in our bias media claim & if we can stay strong we can win the league.

I find these attacks on Morelos utterly bizarre.
1. Forster gets heaped with praise mostly for the saves he made from Morelos.
2. Morelos get's it in the neck for not taking his chances.

Can anyone see how this doesn't make sense ? If Forster has played a blinder then how can those in the media slag Morelos, surely then it's down to Forster for stopping Morelos scoring rather than Morelos missing chances, how can he miss when their goalkeeper has saved most of them. It's nothing more from Sutton and co to use as a big stick to beat Morelos with once again, the hatred for Morelos from those also in the Scottish media is pretty disgusting.

I would also like to see the club make comments on Sutton's personal attacks on our players especially the hard on he seems to have for Tav.

Remember folks, this all coming from a reptile who also accused fellow pros of lying down and cheating, slagged Rangers for using EBT's when he himself was using a tax avoidance scheme and went bankrupt because HMRC were coming for him for the tax he should have paid, spat on two supporters and was fined in court, pretty sure he also kicked someone at his child's football game, only one serial loser here and it aint Tav.

Fir park and Ibrox has given this no mark nightmares for years and rather than look at his own teams failures, he is consumed by utter hatred by those two titles going to Ibrox.

In truth, our team did.
It’s like our gaffer , nice guy , says all the right words , good with the media ,,, BUT AGAIN when it really matters doesn’t get the win

Back