Alfie UEFA fair play award?

There is a basic amount of sportsmanship you expect, outside of Scotland of course. Even then Alfie went above and beyond.

Still managed to look raging when the Antwerp players came up to him to thank him:))
Whether he should have stopped playing or not is for each of us to judge individually I think. However, the reaction of the Antwerp players that he did so, with a few going to him to thank him and even shaking his hand (a big thing in these Covid times), shows that they really appreciated a notable piece of sportsmanship. Sportsmanship in football is in short supply so, while I was initially livid with him giving up a possibly good opportunity, and yes if we hadn't won I might still be livid, I applaud his decision.

I do hope UEFA take up your suggestion of a Fair Play award OP. It would be a fine gesture on their part and a message to football generally.

Oh he'll be recognised in a lavish reception. It will be magnificent.

Timmy will be at risk of drowning from mouth froth.

Genuinely can't wait for their counter campaign to liken Morelos' actions to that of Hitler's job creation scheme.

Any recognition of Alfie's sportsmanship, will, ironically, be a massive kick in the bawz for them.

Simply Magnificent.

:shh: B-D

FBS

Back