Alfie v Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcoNegri

H&H pod a couple of days ago reminded me that the big midden that is Pepe plays in defence for Porto.

Sometimes these things are built up to an anti-climax but can't help but think this contest could be a right cynical episode of gamesmanship.

Hope Alfie keeps the head and makes a fool of the big prick! Pepe is the kind of guy that will target him directly with every dirty trick in the book.

i made the pepe v morelos comment on porto twitter thread that had mendes welcoming gers fans and one of the porto lads said pepe has calmed down a LOT in the last couple of years and that side of his game is pretty much gone now

Remember this?

After that game (and a giant suspension) he said he was thinking of quitting football. A proper mentalist, as someone else rightly said in spite being a grade A cùnt he was actually a sensational defender in his pomp.

Hopefully the referee just lets them get on with it. Should be a tremendous battle and opportunity for Morelos to show just how good he is.

Genuinely thought this was a thread comparing Alfie to arsenals record signing :D

Im expecting one or both of them to be booked and have a few scuffles

It will be an enormous test of Alfie’s discipline.

Come through it and, when it comes to a transfer, us and his agent could fairly say that any issues are firmly in the past.

Great test for Morelos tbf. Coming up against a genuinely world class centre back (ok maybe he's regressed a bit since Real Madrid but he'll still be quality).

Don't think he's near the class of Baresi or Maldini and if Pepe gets tight on Alfie,it may well play into his hands and he'll be a right handful for him.

Scary to think pepe and ramos were once a CB partnership.

Two of the dirtiest bastards to ever play the game

Ramos is one of my all time favourite defenders. I would have loved it if we had him. Fabulous player and a complete mental case LOL :D

Pepe, on the other hand, c*nt :))

Have a real dislike for him. It's the combination of being a big dirty basturd and oscar winning theatrics. Love seeing old skool defending when the defender goes in with meaty, but fair challenges. This big lump has many times been lucky to not end careers. Couple that with the fact that a strong guat of wind will out him down. He really baffles me sometimes. Fake hardman. Nothing compared to the maldini and cannavaro's of yesteryear.

Pepe is genuinely one of the biggest cùnts to ever play the sport. One minute he’ll be diving and feigning injury to try and get Alfie sent off, the next minute he’ll be trying to stamp on Alfie’s head.
He was an evil bastard years ago dirty as %^*& can't mind who it was against but he kicked player up the back wi his studs stood on his fingers and stepped on him always wanted to see him getting smashed after that tries that wi Alfie and I think he'll get a scheme booting off the team Stevie G included. :D

Ramos and Pepe. Two guys who got/get some amount of abuse/hatred directed at them, for being horrible ba$tards.

Made me like them even more :)

I don't want Morelos to leave, but if I was a scout considering Alfie, I'd be very interested in how he handles this game. A goal that gains us points tomorrow against a regular champions league side, could be a huge boost to his valuation.

I was in stitches listening to the H&H pod talking about Pepe. ‘A professorship in bastarding’ is the phrase I think was used to describe him :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back