Alfie watch - Ecuador v Colombia, 1am

Excellent save on the 2nd chance, all credit to the keeper there. Wee man will be disappointed with the first, he usually puts that away.

Very solid overall display though, fits that system well.

As long as he’s unscathed and on his way home I’m happy. Think that’s everyone finished now, time to concentrate on the important stuff!

Haha reading some of the ridiculous takes on this thread I expected 2 howlers rather than 2 decent chances and decent saves, he didn’t hit the first cleanly but the way they’re described by some of the maniacs on this thread you’d think they were Van Vossen like:))

Exactly.

If they had been in a game for us I’d see it as two good saves by the keeper. He didn’t do anything wrong.

Saw him score and miss those types of chances on a regular basis for us. Last night was a normal night for him. I'd be more worried if he ran about and created nothing or looked out of his depth which he didn't. Him missing chances like those shouldn't bother us in the slightest.

Morelos is a great player. We're lucky to have him. He scores many important goals. So what if he misses a few?

Saw him score and miss those types of chances on a regular basis for us. Last night was a normal night for him. I'd be more worried if he ran about and created nothing or looked out of his depth which he didn't. Him missing chances like those shouldn't bother us in the slightest.
Strikers miss chances. It seems to be a criminal offence for some if its Morelos though.

People saying he 'should' score the 2nd is baffling.

Haha reading some of the ridiculous takes on this thread I expected 2 howlers rather than 2 decent chances and decent saves, he didn’t hit the first cleanly but the way they’re described by some of the maniacs on this thread you’d think they were Van Vossen like:))
The 2nd is a turn and first time shot from 20 yards.

I didn’t see two misses, I’m a little confused was there a couple of sitters I haven’t seen. What I did see was the keeper not falling for the eyes routine and nice turn and shot from 18 yards which the keeper saved.

If I hadn’t seen the GIFs showing two decent saves from their keeper, I’d have been a little concerned.

Looks like two good saves against Alfredo.

Get home safely young man. :D

I didn’t see two misses, I’m a little confused was there a couple of sitters I haven’t seen. What I did see was the keeper not falling for the eyes routine and nice turn and shot from 18 yards which the keeper saved.
The 1st chance he's scored at St Johnstone and Young Boys this season, he just never connected quite as well with it this time and the keeper stayed alert.

The 2nd is a brilliant goal if a goes in. It's a half chance from outside the box that produces a good save.

Haha yeah that's what I was expecting too. Another day he gets a double. Save your goals for us Alfredo!

On a Side note I quite like the new Colombia top, not as much as the old blue and orange one but still like it none the less.

Strikers miss chances. It seems to be a criminal offence for some if its Morelos though.

People saying he 'should' score the 2nd is baffling.

Every chance he misses is branded a ‘sitter’ by the same folk each time, even if it’s a half chance. Had someone describe it as a sitter when he was bundled off the ball at Livingston, never even got the shot off and it should have been a penalty but apparently that’s a ‘sitter’. Loonies.

After watching the scotland highlights, Nae Neck, Christie x 2, Naismith all miss chances from the same distance or even closer yet i cant see any mention of a sitter being missed. Infact, all of bar 1 of them didnt even go on target never mind being saved.

The narrative is clear. Make no mistake about it

why would Scottish newspapers care about a friendly match being played thousands of miles away when Scotland aren't involved?

ah, just goes with their agenda of trying to pull Morelos' value down any time they can like the bunch of sad cases they are. It's not going to work lads, so just get concentrate on pretending that all the scum players were world beaters against Kazakhstan last night, despite the fact that Ryan Jack was better than all of them

Amazing how the Scottish press try’s to make out that Alfie is a dud while he sits with 20 plus goal this season.

The Rags businesses model is set up for Rangers haters

Did Griffiths get this sort of shit journalism when he went over 10 games before scoring his first goal at international level ?

Unbelievable from the Scottish media. It kills them that Alfie will make rangers a lot of money. That is actually pretty sick taking great delight in him missing a chance. How does that even make headlines.

Did Griffiths get this sort of shit journalism when he went over 10 games before scoring his first goal at international level ?

No I don't think so, although I see a smashing piece on Twitter by the Sun this morning claiming Griffiths scored a double as Celtic reserves 'ran riot' over the mighty .......Stenhousemuir.

They absolutely despise Morelos don’t they.

I seriously hope he rams it down every single one of their throats in this final.

Meanwhile Edouard scores a penalty in a pro youth game that his team lost and the media are absolutely gushing about it.

After watching the scotland highlights, Nae Neck, Christie x 2, Naismith all miss chances from the same distance or even closer yet i cant see any mention of a sitter being missed. Infact, all of bar 1 of them didnt even go on target never mind being saved.

The narrative is clear. Make no mistake about it

It's absolutely pathetic. They know they'll get tonnes of clicks etc from tims frothing at the mouth trying to convince themselves that Morelos is pish.
Honestly, the wee man loves Rangers and we love him, but I 100% wont blame him for wanting to leave this backwater country in summer.

the two faced thing about it though, when he becomes a success in another country, they'll piggy back on it

"he was a star in Scotland" etc

Glad he is on his way his home, the Colombians clearly dont appreciate what they have with him, Colombian twitter was giving him dogs abuse.

Latest posts

Back