Alfie when Ryan pulled up holding his thigh!

George Goudie

Official Ticketer
Showed real concern and recognised how gutted the lad was, attempted to console him as best he could without words and was obviously empathetic to his team mate.

I've really grown to appreciate the team player he has matured in to. He is our mad, maturing buffalo. What's not to love about the lad.

I've posted before that it's clear he loves us, just watch this wonderful video giving an insight into his strength of character and his truly humble personality:

We need to show our love for the lad. He's worthy of it and deserving of our recognition. Why don't we have a display sometime soon with the colours of the Colombian Flag? Perhaps a giant love heart with his small home town of Cereté in the middle. I'm certain he and his family would appreciate us putting his birthplace on display.

He has been vital already this season and since he has brought us so much joy, let's return the favour.

This is the flag:

Flag_of_Colombia.gif

Not sure about this 'we need to love him...angle is about. I'm an advocate for Alfredo, he is the best Striker we've had since Mols and 100% has the ability to shatter anything Michael achieved for us or in the game! The wee man knew the supply line to his greatness diminished slightly with a Kent injury. Not sure what you want to happen? More Alfredo Alfredo chants? More reciprocal love in with Morelos and our excellent UBs?
I'm a bit perplexed

Not sure about this 'we need to love him...angle is about. I'm an advocate for Alfredo, he is the best Striker we've had since Mols and 100% has the ability to shatter anything Michael achieved for us or in the game! The wee man knew the supply line to his greatness diminished slightly with a Kent injury. Not sure what you want to happen? More Alfredo Alfredo chants? More reciprocal love in with Morelos and our excellent UBs?
I'm a bit perplexed

Jelavic was up there too.

I'm a bit perplexed

Everyone on this forum knows I’m as big a Morelos fanboy as anyone but I think you might be stretching it a tad.

Pršo was exceptional also, he also carried our side at times and he was a quality player at all levels.

Everyone on this forum knows I’m as big a Morelos fanboy as anyone but I think you might be stretching it a tad.

Pršo was exceptional also, he also carried our side at times and he was a quality player at all levels.
Be under no illusions if we had Morelos at the age we were priveliged to receive Dado then there would be even more Silverware at Ibrox, no slight whatsoever on Prso but purely my opinion (because that's all it is) that Morelos is our clubs best Striker since Mols

Still no goals against the filth. Like it or not, that’s a problem after so many matches. They are our biggest rivals and yet he is utterly ineffective against them. He’s an important player but needs to be “the difference” more often, such as the match against Legia. Hopefully this is a sign that he can start scoring more important goals instead of just rattling up numbers in matches we have already won.

I’m not having a pop at him since he’s doing well this season, but I’m not going to join in any love fest for him at this point either until he does more in the big matches more often.

Still no goals against the filth. Like it or not, that’s a problem after so many matches. They are our biggest rivals and yet he is utterly ineffective against them. He’s an important player but needs to be “the difference” more often, such as the match against Legia. Hopefully this is a sign that he can start scoring more important goals instead of just rattling up numbers in matches we have already won.

I’m not having a pop at him since he’s doing well this season, but I’m not going to join in any love fest for him at this point either until he does more in the big matches more often.

Would help if he would actually start against them.

As for a lack of big goals overall, thats just bullshit.

Over 40 goals for us since Gerrard came in, and you wouldnt bet against him scoring 35-40 this season alone if he plays and keeps up his discipline.

And if he does keep this form up, we wont be too far away from the prizes

Great idea It’s about a double win as I’m sure it would get a bit of publicity in the media over their too.
On the flip side we might get charged with promoting drugs by Uefa, SPL or Police Scotland.

My standard reply to this “hasn’t scored against septic” line is that Kyle Lafferty, Joe Garner and Gordon Dalziel did score against them.
Does that make them better players?
Then, as a nod to another poster who reminded me of it, so did Josh Windass.

i must admit i would have happily binned him after his red card at the piggery but Alfie is our main man and will fire us to 55 , if he can keep his head down and work hard then he will go on to be a top class striker

Total nonsense.

Obviously never seen the December victory where he absolutely rag dolled their back line.

Watched him in the second half when Ojo cut in from the right and tried to find the far corner - I was expecting Morelos to be complaining and sulking that Ojo didn’t look to find him in the box but instead he gave a Ojo a wee clap of encouragement.

He’s growing up, which is great to see.

"Utterly ineffective" is a complete load of shite and I stopped reading there and then.

My standard reply to this “hasn’t scored against septic” line is that Kyle Lafferty, Joe Garner and Gordon Dalziel did score against them.
Does that make them better players?
Then, as a nod to another poster who reminded me of it, so did Josh Windass.
He’s obviously superior to those you mentioned. Scoring against the scum isn’t the only criterium to judge him against but it is important and his record against them is poor. No amount of wool-pulling over eyes can change that. Hopefully he’ll put it right in the next match at the piggery.

"Utterly ineffective" is a joke of a comment, to be honest.

Total nonsense.

Obviously never seen the December victory where he absolutely rag dolled their back line.
Did I miss him scoring? Did I miss him setting up anyone else to score? He’s our No 1 striker and has now played 633 minutes against them with 0 goals and 0 assists. I’m genuinely not criticising him since he has scored a bucketload of goals in the last 2 seasons and will hopefully continue this season but his influence in the biggest games has been lacking. His goal against Legia is hopefully a sign that this is changing.

Did I miss him scoring? Did I miss him setting up anyone else to score? He’s our No 1 striker and has now played 633 minutes against them with 0 goals and 0 assists. I’m genuinely not criticising him since he has scored a bucketload of goals in the last 2 seasons and will hopefully continue this season but his influence in the biggest games has been lacking. His goal against Legia is hopefully a sign that this is changing.
Let’s remember that some of those games were under Pedro and we were beaten before we even stepped onto the pitch. Morelos is a young man still maturing and is the best talent we’ve had at Ibrox for a long long time.

It’s little wonder the media bum up their squad and apparent transfer values whilst trashing ours when we have a support who also trash our best players.

No you missed him being quite effective against their defence in a game we won, I’d have to watch it back to reference specific incidents but to my memory he was one of the best players on the park that day and definitely not “utterly ineffective” as you suggest.

Be under no illusions if we had Morelos at the age we were priveliged to receive Dado then there would be even more Silverware at Ibrox, no slight whatsoever on Prso but purely my opinion (because that's all it is) that Morelos is our clubs best Striker since Mols

I’d suggest that the three outstanding candidates since Mols are Alfie, Dado & Jelavic.

Given that he’s clearly the youngest & he’s further scope it’s understandable why Alfie would be suggested as the best of them.

I absolutely loved big Dado. A true warrior. But Alfie maybe has a bit more to his game imo.

Where do you start with pish like this?

He may not have scored against the scum, but he ragdolled them in the New Year game and was instrumental in getting three points. He scored against every team he played against in Scotland last year, yes, every single team, bar the scum - he also scored vital goals in both the europa league qualifying and in the group stages, including one that was shamefully disallowed in Moscow. He batter Midtjylland senseless in both legs and he scored the only goal of the tie against Legia to send us to the group stages.

This obsession with scoring against celtic is embarrassing, and that's not even taking into account the fact he has played about 45 minutes in the last three games against them combined.

I think that's a great idea @George Goudie and Alfie would love it. Everyone performs better at their work if they are happy and feel valued. Your suggestion could only help reinforce this. I have been very impressed by his workrate, application and discipline this year. I am almost loathed to say it incase he has a bad day at the office and lets someone get to him but his behaviour has been exemplary this season.

Last edited:
Great to see the bond he has with Defoe. He ran over to Defoe after his goal yesterday to celebrate. There seems to be a huge amount of mutual respect between the two of them - despite being “rivals” for the main striker role.

Defoe was also off the bench to console Ryan Kent, a brilliant guy to have in our squad on and off the park.

Hes a totally different character this season so far, actually helping opposition players to their feet, giving wee pats on the back to them, clapping encouragement etc to team-mates when they miss. Last season we never really seen that side of him and I do think he is maturing.

Loved the way he went straight to Defoe after scoring. Obviously a bit of in house banter .
He’s as frustrating as he is brilliant and I wouldn’t swap him for no Cnut.

Bore off ffs. He hasn’t played a full match against them since that game in December where he ragdolled them, and he prior to that at the piggery where he created his only opportunity all in his own with no assistance at all. They’re the only big team we’ve played he hasn’t scored against and he hasn’t played a full game against them in nearly a year so it might be time to drop this one now.

You are having a pop at him though.

You decided to ignore his Euro goals ?

Great to see the bond he has with Defoe. He ran over to Defoe after his goal yesterday to celebrate. There seems to be a huge amount of mutual respect between the two of them - despite being “rivals” for the main striker role.
Yip. Hopefully Defoe is helping Morelos to continue his development, I’m sure he is.

Haven’t had one for a couple of months, but I could be tempted into participating in a Colombian Saturday. Let’s set a date and show him what our support can do for him.

Back