Alfie

His finishing always has been terrible prob the worse in the league based on the amount of shots he gets, that would explain why no decent club has or will come in for him. We need a player who can finish, not a player we can pretend is worth bucket loads of money

He's been good for us overall, but I'm afraid he's costing us games like this, Roofe is a better finisher and would have taken a few of the chances today.
Also thought the subbing of Hagi and Aribo was wrong

He’s been up his own arse all season, as someone said above he’s playing on reputation because he shouldn’t be seeing the pitch with us for a couple of games. Amateur finishing.

If the game had ended 1-0 I was going to have a moan about him, he just doesn't seem to have the urgency, almost going through the motions.

That miss could be very costly - I hope it doesn’t turn out to be a turning point of the season! Hearts not in the game all to cling on and hope for something and the end and low and behold they got it!

Said loads of times on here, how many of our players are still living off last seasons performances? We’ve got players who haven’t kicked a ball since December 2020 playing every week.

Player goes through bad patch and 'fan' has had it with him...get yersel tae %^*&!

I don’t have any time to that shite, same with this bollocks about him being overweight. Lazy clichéd shite, he’s out of form and needs a spell on the bench, nothing more nothing less. But of course a select group will be rubbing their hands right now, and I’m not talking about the media.

I love Alfie but I’m Sorry, right now, he’s is nothing more than an empty shirt taking up a place in the team. If he’s not scoring he needs to be dropped and another option like Aribo or Fashion considered instead. We can’t afford for him to play on the off chance he’ll bag a goal. He didn’t today he hasn’t for a few games

Morelos has not been a goal scorer for the past two years.

His performance today was similar to that last season but because we were winning many gave him a free pass by saying ‘he brings a lot more than just goals now’.

End of the day a Rangers no9 should be competent in front of goal and Morelos is not.

Strikers miss chances, happens to most of them but they generally score the 4th or 5th one that comes their way - didn’t happen today.

Very poor today, second half particularly.

Really good chances squandered today. McGregor made the mistake that cost the goal but Alfie should have made sure it didn't matter.

We all have off days but Gerrard should have identified it wasn't happening for Morelos early second half and brought on Sakala.

Last edited:
McCoist was in a different league as a finisher & player to Morelos.

No doubt, but he missed a shitload. Alfie had a bad day, a very bad day, but strikers miss chances. We have options, I dont why we don't use them and give him rest (ie spell on the bench, not a rest)

A swing and a miss. On such a bad run it’s a miracle if his shots are goalbound.

Gerrard should have subbed him at 60 mins. Bacuna was a terrible choice.

The result isn't down to one man so let's get that out the way first off.. ...........however theres no point dressing this up, Morelos finishing has been fkn abysmal for a Rangers no.9 this season and not good enough.

Gordon had inspired game in goal for Hearts but that doesn't excuse at least two guilt edge chances that AGAIN should have seen us out of sight.

He’s been on a downward trajectory since his peak in December 19. Should have cashed in when offered big money
100% after that record in the Europa we should have sold him then his stock was at his at highest, now look at him, I love the wee man but he frustrates the life out of me and with the shocking misses he has too regularly for my liking now his value can only be decreasing! We need to be selling and reinvesting to become a club on a more solid financial footing and we seem to hold onto players past there highest selling point.

Said it many times before, but the players aren't picking themselves.
Alfie despite the good times he has given us just honestly doesn't deserve to start right now, he's been miles off it this season.

Gerrard should have dropped him a few games ago. Poor decision to keep starting a striker that looks low on confidence in front of goal.

You can clearly 'see' the problem with him. He's second to everything, has lost his pace and acceleration. Stretching for every ball. We've lost the player of 2019 who was physically in better condition.

I’ve just about had my fill of him. Rolling about like a wee lassie at every opportunity, missing easy chances and his body language is absolutely shocking at times. He’s cost us today with those misses.

Might not be popular but his composure and technique is horrendous for a professional striker. He can’t strike a ball cleanly.

The lad is demonstrably regressing as a player & we still have crackpots who think he is worth £20m+

*Right Now* you'd toil for half that.

His potential & even current ability is starting to become a bit of an urban legend because by whatever yardstick you use to measure the value of a player, he isn't even a £10m player right now in a market where these fees are becoming harder to come by.

He'll flatter to decieve against some jobbers & we will be back to saying he is worth Saudi money before long.

I'd have him out the door for multiples of what we paid as quickly as possible.

He isn't interested.

Back